The Dune RPG Has A Cover!

Following the recent art preview, Modiphius has shared the cover of their upcoming Dune roleplaying game! This cover art is by Bastien Lecouffe-Deharme. They've also posted the first developer diary - "What is Dune?" "And now, in Dune: Adventures in the Imperium, you and your friends can explore the planet of Dune as well as the many planets of the Imperium, exploring it through the...

Following the recent art preview, Modiphius has shared the cover of their upcoming Dune roleplaying game! This cover art is by Bastien Lecouffe-Deharme.

lighter.jpg

They've also posted the first developer diary - "What is Dune?"

"And now, in Dune: Adventures in the Imperium, you and your friends can explore the planet of Dune as well as the many planets of the Imperium, exploring it through the context of a roleplaying game. The rules contained within this book cover character creation, skills and abilities, personality traits such as drives, equipment, and resolution of conflict, whether interpersonal, hand-to-hand combat, skirmishes, or even political House-based strife. Background information addresses the Imperium, the Landsraad, CHOAM, the Bene Gesserit, the Spacing Guild, and smaller groups such as the Swordmasters of Ginaz, the Suk School, and the human computers known as Mentats.

As members of your own House of the Landsraad, you can be deadly Swordmasters, Bene Gesserit acolytes, incorruptible Suk-school physicians, brilliant and devious Mentats, enigmatic agents of CHOAM or the Spacing Guild, hardy Fremen, resourceful smugglers, or even nobles with immense political power held in check by duty and responsibility."

dune-aio-1-what-is-dune-224647_701x454.jpg

zhivik

Explorer
Call me old-fashioned but I still prefer the look of the Bene Gesserit from the Lynch film.
I, on the other hand, hate that look. It goes against every description of the order in the books. If you need to pick one word to describe a Bene Gesserit Reverend Mother, it would be “subtle”, and Lynch’s film makes them everything but that. A Bene Gesserit would never stand out unless she wants to send a message. Giving them a literal witch look - definitely not my thing.

Generally, I consider art direction in Lynch’s film as hit and miss. Some things he got spot on, as his “noir-baroque” works great for the Harkonnens, but other things I am not too keen about. The Bene Gesserit is one of these, as well as the Fremen and Guild navigators. I did like the Guild highliners though, you really got the feeling how insignificant a single ship is in the big picture.

The book art looks interesting, but I am currently much more interested what Denis Villneuve will come up with, everything I’ve seen so far looks very promising.

Remove ads

Remove ads