The Dune RPG Has A Cover!

Following the recent art preview, Modiphius has shared the cover of their upcoming Dune roleplaying game! This cover art is by Bastien Lecouffe-Deharme. They've also posted the first developer diary - "What is Dune?" "And now, in Dune: Adventures in the Imperium, you and your friends can explore the planet of Dune as well as the many planets of the Imperium, exploring it through the...

Following the recent art preview, Modiphius has shared the cover of their upcoming Dune roleplaying game! This cover art is by Bastien Lecouffe-Deharme.

lighter.jpg

They've also posted the first developer diary - "What is Dune?"

"And now, in Dune: Adventures in the Imperium, you and your friends can explore the planet of Dune as well as the many planets of the Imperium, exploring it through the context of a roleplaying game. The rules contained within this book cover character creation, skills and abilities, personality traits such as drives, equipment, and resolution of conflict, whether interpersonal, hand-to-hand combat, skirmishes, or even political House-based strife. Background information addresses the Imperium, the Landsraad, CHOAM, the Bene Gesserit, the Spacing Guild, and smaller groups such as the Swordmasters of Ginaz, the Suk School, and the human computers known as Mentats.

As members of your own House of the Landsraad, you can be deadly Swordmasters, Bene Gesserit acolytes, incorruptible Suk-school physicians, brilliant and devious Mentats, enigmatic agents of CHOAM or the Spacing Guild, hardy Fremen, resourceful smugglers, or even nobles with immense political power held in check by duty and responsibility."

dune-aio-1-what-is-dune-224647_701x454.jpg

MGibster

Legend
Call me old-fashioned but I still prefer the look of the Bene Gesserit from the Lynch film.
I don't know if I prefer it but the costumes were excellent and they certainly had a distinct look. While what appeared on screen didn't always match the book, David Lynch is an excellent director and 1984's Dune certainly looks distinctive. I prefer Lynch's distinct look to what we saw on the Sci-Fi networks version. But I'd rather new sources weren't beholden to Lynch's vision.

Spice Girls.JPG

Azgulor

Adventurer
Great art but I don't like the 2d20 system. Sorry Modiphius.
I see this sentiment all the time here. Modiphius has a ton of licensed properties that I love but finding positive actual play testimonies seem hard to come by. Do people actually play these games or are they primarily collectors items?

MGibster

Legend
I see this sentiment all the time here. Modiphius has a ton of licensed properties that I love but finding positive actual play testimonies seem hard to come by. Do people actually play these games or are they primarily collectors items?
Beats me. The most prolific producer of Conan RPG material I can find on YouTube is Seth Skorkowsky who has reviewed the game and a bunch of adventures for it.

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
I am a big fan of INFINITY the war-game but just can't get on board with Modiphius' 2d20 version. I've read hundreds of RPGs over the years. I break my teeth in their system.

Seems to be mostly a KS phenomenon. Many forum users I've known for years were disappointed by Conan or other 2d20 offerings once they read the rules.

I prefer Free League's system. Very easy to get into. Beautiful books.

Mortus

Explorer
I've run and played the 2d20 system for Conan, Star Trek, and Mutant Chronicles and it's one of my favorite rpg systems. My first 2d20 experience was as GenCon with Conan and it was the best rpg fun I've ever had at a convention. The GM knew the rules like the back of his hand and that helped tremendously.

In my time running and GMing it the fun has only grown for my group. In my opinion, it does require a certain shared-story attitude and trust between the GM and players to get maximum enjoyment out of it. Eventually, the rules fade into the background and the system is all about character and story development.

I think it will be perfect for Dune - I can't wait to get my hands on it! :)

Remove ads

Remove ads