• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dungeon Masters' Foundation

ChaosEvoker

First Post
Hail and welcome to a glorious foundation:
The Dungeon Master Foundation
The purpose of this Guild is to provide a place for DMs to complain, share ideas, get ideas, and generally have a blast with our omisience Ah yes...the beauty of omnipotency.
This is an oasis of sorts, an oasis in the desert of players. New DMs can find advise from wise and aged ones. The counsil will review applicants and make decisions. I will serve as a Overseer of the Counsil of sorts. I will make sure that the counsil is serving the DMF well. If any counsil member becomes disruptive, they shall be removed after careful consideration by the other counsil members and myself. Now for the requirements for applicants

Member Requirements:
1) Be a DM or have a desire to learn how (No freaking duh!)
2)We have removed our rating system. we will only review the experience of those applying for counsil membership. Please admit though if you are inexperienced, one of the POINTS of the DMF is to help out those who are new to being behind the screen.
3) We request that all members have a link to our thread here.

Rules for All Members
1) Be respectful to EVERYONE. EVEN INEXPERIENCED DMs, YOU were inexperienced once. Violation of this rule will get you kicked out
2) No discussion of any novels.
3) No RPing in message board

Note Bene: Anyone who has a suggested rule may present it to the counsil where it will be reviewed and either accepted of vetoed.

The Dungeon Master Counsil:
1) Mordmorgan the Mad
2) Xen155
3) Nightcloak
4) BardStephenFox
5) DungeonmasterCal

Last edited:

ChaosEvoker

First Post
Members List

MEMBERS LIST
1) ChaosEvoker (Creator and Overseer)
2) Xen155
3) Mordmorgan the Mad
4) LilMissKittyn
5) Dyne
6) DungeonmasterCal
7) Grunk
8) BardStephenFox
9) Acid Crash
10) Frukathka
11) velm
12) Y.O.Morales
13) Azul
14) The Cardinal
15) Nilhgualcm Leahcim
16) khyron1144
17) Woas
18) Imret
19) francisca
20) beldar1215
21) Nightcloak
22) John Q. Mayhem
23) siege72
24) Lady Firehawk
25) Nilhgualcm Leahcim
26) IamTheTest
27) Blade of Desecration (Previously Chosen of the Dark Sun)
28) Stone Angel
29) ender_wiggin
30) themind
31) deClench
32) derbacher
33) Aris Dragonborn
34) Cerubus Dark
35) Shuffle

Anyone who wants to join may, just post your request!

Last edited:

BSF

Explorer
It sounds like an interesting idea. I would be interested in hearing a little more about how you operate.

Let's see I am currently running a game that meets 3 Fridays a month. I have a personal forum here on EN World for my game. There are currently 7 players in the game.

I am currently a player in a weekly game.

I have been running games since 1980, though my l33t DMing skills weren't all that impressive when I was 10. :) I have experience with several editions of D&D, as well as several other game systems.

I have run poor games and made many mistakes over the past 24+ years. I think I have learned from these mistakes and I am able to run a reasonably fun game. I advocate DM/Player communication as one of the best solutions to nearly every problem. I advocate campaign design based around multiple story arcs, NPCs with motivations, and the allowance for PCs to interact with these story arcs and NPCs in the manner of their choosing. I allow material from a variety of sources. I work to be sure each PC has the potential to shine in the game, and I try to allow those opportunities. I deviate from standard CR and treasure when I want to establish a specific tone. I want the game to revolve around the PCs while leaving the players feeling that the world doesn't. There is always something else happening somewhere else and the impact the PCs have on the world definitely affects the people and places they are near. The PCs in my games can always affect the world, for good or ill. The PCs reshape the world with their actions. I have a good time, the players tell me that they have a good time.

Is this the type of thing you are looking for?

Sammael

Adventurer
This is way too reminiscient of the various "guilds" and "foundations" of WotC forums. I don't think ENWorld needs this. *shudder*

Grunk

First Post
i am a relatively new DM (been running a campaign for about a year) and feel that this would be a great resource. Sign me up!

Grunk

ChaosEvoker

First Post
DM's of all shapes, sizes, types, and expereicence are welcome here. In fact I'd like to ask you to be on the counsil if you'd want to.

As far as how we operate:
Basically, post whatever you want that pertains to DMing (anything involving D&D) what we do basiclaly is create homebrew classes, monsters, anything, complain about annoying PCs, and get and give campaign advise. The counsil are reliable expereinced DMs who can give good reliable advise. They help make decisions pertaining the the DMf, how we run, what we do, etc.

So are you joining or what?

(And apparently since people are too obsessed with th work "newb" to see the POINT of the thread, I'll change it)

ChaosEvoker

First Post
So, let's get a real topic going here:

DO you guys find it difficult to keep a long term campaign going? WHat things do you find that help you keep it going, keep interest? what snags have you run into, and how did you get around them, or how was your campaign destroyed by them? What advise can you give or what advise do you need for campaigns?

That should get us started, talk away, and I'll post my answers soon!

Trainz

Explorer
ChaosEvoker said:
DO you guys find it difficult to keep a long term campaign going?

Being guys in our mid 30's, sometimes real life kicks in and tries to put sticks in our wheels, but so far, we're kicking and going.

WHat things do you find that help you keep it going, keep interest?

Not counting 1 or 2 DM burnouts, the game sustains itself. Of course, with every different campaign I introduce a new social concept to serve the players, so that they have something new and interesting on their gaming plate.

what snags have you run into, and how did you get around them, or how was your campaign destroyed by them? What advise can you give or what advise do you need for campaigns?

None that I can recall. Keep the game balanced and fun, and you should avoid most potential snags.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads