D&D General The Eberron PC races outside of Eberron

oreofox

Explorer
Warforged were the only ones I imported into my homebrew setting. They were super easy, just making them be created by the combined efforts of a gnome subrace and a dwarf subrace of my setting.

Shifters as-is wouldn't work in my setting, as the default werecreatures don't exist. I have other types of werecreatures, but I don't have the desire to try and make their shifter version.

Changelings I haven't imported, as I can't find a justification for them to exist in a world without humans, and having another "template race" included with the ones I already have (aasimar, tiefling, genasi are their own race technically, but they can look like any other race only with celestial, fiendish, or elemental embellishments).

Kalashtar never interested me even back when Eberron first released

Weiley31

Legend
Well I just jack the Kalashtar and just dump em in regardless of setting.

Now I totally use all the Goblinoid stuff from Eberron for the Hobgoblins: terms and all.

Chaosmancer

Legend
I ended up adding the Changelings via making them "constructs" of the Fey. They were placed in the material world due to fey deals, and lived only in the pursuit of a single goal.... until the goal was finished and their patron abandoned them.

Then a player of mine used a "campaign end" wish to make their changeling rogue the God of Changelings, which potentially caused a whole huge mess, because there was a debate whether or not changelings were simply magical constructs or a designed people.

But, never got to explore any of that, due to things falling apart.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
The deity of Changelings in my world is a powerful member of the Seelie Court named Happenstance. They were the one who created their race, taking humans and other humanoids and combined them with some dopplegangers.

Remove ads