The Elements of Magic - Teaser and Sampler (now with Illusion and Transform)

The people asked to see Transform, and here's a look. I don't have quite as many examples for this spell list, but if you want some answers, don't hesitate to ask questions.

Attachments

• Transform.doc
    38 KB · Views: 307

Verequus

First Post
RangerWickett said:
No comments?
Upps, I forgot to look at it - having much to do. So here my points of criticism:

-Change of Gear and Mind: I think, the default is ok, but there should be enhancements for more control. Maybe there could be some different degrees like "One piece of gear adapts, other still melt." to "You can designate freely, what happens to which piece of gear." or "You receive the raw and wild instincts of an animal. Make an Will save with a DC of 15 to control yourself in threatining and other similar situations." to "You have the mind of an animal."
-Space: You forgot the sentence "Only with a magical weapon..." or so - look in the SRD at incorporeal and you'll see, what I mean.
-"Animate (2 MP). If the new form is not a creature and the original is an object, you need this. You can only buy this enhancement using Transform Life." "De-animate (2 MP). If the new form is not an object and the original is a creature, you need this." I think, the "not" is wrong in both sentences - or I just don't understand this at all.

Oh yeah, editing gaff there.

As for Mind altering . . . ehh, it's one of those things that can really get out of control, ruining a player's day if his character fails a save. I'll look at it, though. We're almost ready to show you folks the whole thing. ;)

Verequus

First Post
That's slightly unrelated? *shakes head* No, I've only seen a Green Lantern once and I followed more the story than the artwork. BTW, I still miss a answer for my last email - and time to look everything through. *sigh*

gpetruc

First Post
Please, tell us ... when will the full product be released ?
do you have at least a planned release date ?

We're all waiting for what should be (from the previews) "the best free magic system ever"

I can't wait for EoM revised! ...............I can add something more this; think, think... Oh yeah! I made another post on the Move Element topic, about Move Time and my own invented spell lists: Evoke [Creature]. Also, in repsonse to many requests you had early: such as opinions, what do we think, comments on Transform [Creature] and [Element], etc:

- I think Move Fire's cool, Possession is a great innovation!
- Transform works great. Plus, I've always wondered what the stat adjustments would be for infant and child age groups. I know kids don't usually fight, but in the Book of Vile Darkness, they didn't give the stats for a child that was really an example villian. I mean, even frog's have stats! Why make a kid the anatagonist when they have no listed stats!Not a good resource for a DM who might want to run that encounter, just sort of an idea-sparker. ....Rambling again.
- Why would you use Evoke [Element] for any of the positive or negative elements? Besides the fact that's all your white mage can cast when not healing. That's plagued me since the original EoM. Is anything weak to Mist? (not that Mist itself is useless, I find creating fog clouds and disguising poison with Illusion Mist most intriging.)
- Are Black Elements still stronger than White Elements?

Remove ads