• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The EN World FREE Character Portrait Request Thread!

Greylock

First Post
BastionLightbringer said:
Greylock, I'm trying to get a mental picture of Aneirin. You say he is pale skinned, but then say he is of royal Hindi decent. I may be lax on my Asian history, but doesn't that make him Indian.I'm confused. Let me know, that is if you still want him drawn.

Still very interested, Bastion. Thanks.

I've always thought of Indians as being many shaded, especially if you consider their religious and fantasy art. I originally had Aneirin visualised as a very light bluish white, as if you could see his veins. But I do see him as Hindu in every way [the sig I use is from old Hindu text], and some of the higher castes were pale, yet thoroughly eastern.

I'm going to attach an image I use to help visualise him. [Had two. The other was too big. It was a Byzantine image of St. George.] They are very contradictory, so don't let that throw you. I want to see what you can make of this jumble of ideas, as long as the overall flavor stays Hindu...

(In the first picture it is the guy on the right who grabs me, although Aneirin has no beard. A mustache would suit him though, I think.)

Thanks again, Bastion.

[Edit: On the other hand, maybe I am confusing things with my general use of the term Hindu, when what I mean is ancient Indi.]

Attachments

• 42f84e9c.jpg
    42f84e9c.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 414

Greylock

First Post
Thanks, BastionLightbringer. Oooooh, the anticipation can now begin in earnest :D. If it helps at all, this char makes his appearance in the latter part of Session 3: Hilltopple House in the StoryHour my sig links to.

I've been impressed with all your sketches so far. I'm glad you're taking such an active interest in this thread.

Aneirin

Greylock, I worked on Aneirin last night. I am not sure if it was what you were looking for, but it's all I could come up with. I used the picture you provided and a picture I found on th e internet of a Byzantine pic of St. George.

There seems to be a glitch, everytime I try to upload the pic, the manage attachment window just goes blank. So if you want to see it check out the art gallery, latest uploads.

Bastion

Greylock

First Post
Sweetness, BastionLightbringer. I like it! It has the "archaic" feeling I was looking for. Just the right amount of Indian style. Thank you very much. :D

The art gallery was buggy as all get out (and the link in the sticky is 404), but I managed to attach it for others to see here.

Thanks again, Bastion!

Attachments

• normal_hindiwarrior.jpg
    normal_hindiwarrior.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 354

Ad-doras

Dead Radish,

I finished Ad-Doras, but I'm still having trouble posting it, I think it's to big, so here it is a bit smaller. I posted him in the art gallery full size.

giantbarbarian4.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

Garnash One-Tusk

Graywolf-ELM said:
I'm looking for an NPC drawing if anyone is interested. I've got a few, but I'll post this one here, to see if someone would be interested in trying out something a little different.

My PC's are playing in The Broken Lands, and have contact almost exclusively with Humanoid NPC's. I think it'd be nice if I could provide a few pictures for them. I've borrowed from here and there.

Garnash One-Tusk is the Chieftain of the Vile Runes Tribe. He has levels in Barbarian, Ranger, and Rogue. He wields a Half-Spear and Battle-Axe in battle, using the two-weapon feats. He's not the prettiest Orc you've ever seen, and is somewhat of a throwback, with lower tusks, only one is broken most of the way off. He wears Studded Leather Armor, and the odd Orcish fetish/good luck charm. He reveres the god of wolf-riders. The tribe standard is a Vile Rune on a field of black.

If anyone is interested I would really like to see what you can do with this. I have more NPC's waiting, if it is enjoyable to draw for any of you.

Thank you,
GW

Well, he ended up looking more 1/2 orc than full orc, but I hope he serves his purpose.

Sorry, the scan doesn't look to clear, I'll try to load again when I get a chance.

Attachments

• orc4.jpg
    orc4.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 338

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads