The EN World FREE Character Portrait Request Thread!

NemesisDragon

Explorer
All I can say is WOW! Thank you very much wasn't expecting anything so fast either! The weapon design is just simply awsome I must say. Only thing I can think of of top of head is the goatee on the face, but regardless of that showing up or not that really is bad ashe lol. Fraisala plan on doing any more with it? Once again very narly as is, thanks again so much. :D

Fraisala

First Post
NemesisDragon said:
All I can say is WOW! Thank you very much wasn't expecting anything so fast either! The weapon design is just simply awsome I must say. Only thing I can think of of top of head is the goatee on the face, but regardless of that showing up or not that really is bad ashe lol. Fraisala plan on doing any more with it? Once again very narly as is, thanks again so much. :D

Hmm, I do agree that the goatee doesn't show up very well (it's a pretty grungy sketch, so it's hard to see the little things). I'm trying to decide between ink, which would be so crisp and elegant, and watercolor, since his coloration sounds so striking. Hmm. Decisions, decisions...

NemesisDragon

Explorer
I am at your beck and call Frai *bows* hehe. Honestly like I said wasn't expecting anything for ages so it's definately your call regardless. Judging from the sketch it will be outstanding regardless, I'm patiently waiting with bated breath lol. Thanks. :D

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
NemesisDragon said:
I am at your beck and call Frai *bows* hehe. Honestly like I said wasn't expecting anything for ages so it's definately your call regardless. Judging from the sketch it will be outstanding regardless, I'm patiently waiting with bated breath lol. Thanks. :D
Yeah, some of us have been waiting for ages! ;)

No complaints, its a volunteer service and folks do great work. Just like the character bunch.

carborundum

Adventurer
I wonder if anyone feels like doing this one - it's a great NPC I just introduced and I'm having trouble drawing something that does him credit myself.

Merphyn is a cheeky water mephit who's decided to hang around and annoy/ help the party. I imagine him as a kind of Dobby the house elf figure, with bulbous fish eyes, fishlike scales, and two wings like those of a flying fish. He's about 4 feet tall, naked and sexless.

Fingers crossed!

I have a character I would like to see if someone would be willing to draw. I will give a shortened character biography and if anyone wants to contact me I can give a more detailed history.

Name: Morik Dundrag
Deity: Shaundakul
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
alignment: LN

Appearance: Morik is an average looking man with broad shoulders and tanned skin from long days spent on the farm. He is 5'11" and weighs 180 lbs. The only true characteristic that sets him away from the majority of commoners is his eyes, which have a hardened appearance to them as if he has seen many harsh trials for such a young age.

History: Morik lived on his families farm, north of waterdeep, until one fateful day when he was 15 years old. a group of 5 bandits that was heading south away from the war ransacked his home, killing his mother and father, and leaving him and his brother behind. Morik swore he would avenge his parents and took up his fathers old sword and followed after them. He lost the battle that ensued, for he had never practiced with the blade, the bandit found it amusing and left him to live after branding Morik's upper left shoulder-blade as a reminder of his weakness. It was not the last time these two would meet though, because after much self training he went in search of the bandit again, this time gaining his retribution. it was only a few months after the attack that Morik's only brother went off to the new colony, and after Morik gained his revenge he set sail for the new land as well. Morik never seen the war that raged far to the north, though he seen many vile acts done around waterdeep while he was in search of his parents murderer, and was glad to leave it all behind him when he set off for another land.

((I would like a portrait of him in Full plate armor, with a tower shield and longsword. I want him to have an expression of being tired of battle. Weary of killing. Perhaps have him standing looking down in a contemplative way. This character was known for his self sacrificing, and started at lvl 1 and reached lvl 18. There is alot of history, and descriptive short stories I can add for the artist if they wish to hear more about the character. Thank any in advance that feel like taking up this portrait.))

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
I am looking for a half dragon (half human). His mother is a gold dragon. He is 5'8'' 175lbs with mostly draconic features. He has wings but no tail. I would like to have him be a darker shade of gold with reddish/gold eyes. Any other traits would be entirely up to the artist, I am not an artist and don't feel right putting too many limits on what can be done. Thanks in advance!

p.s. He is a rogue/fighter type. Right now he is in a chainshirt with a longsword and a mithril heavy shield (gift from his mother).

Scarecrow

First Post
Just dropping in to let ThorneMD know I haven't forgotten you, mate. I've decided to redo the Desciples of Steel as a painting so it's taking a while. I'm hoping to have a finished piece by the end of next week if not sooner.

Crow

Draxo

First Post
Draxo said:
Kith
Kobold Fighter 1, Sorcerer 6, Eldritch Knight 2, Abjurant Champion 5

Kith favors and uses a spear. He wears a light chain vest which bears layered metal shoulderplates. At his belt hangs a dagger, and across his back a shortsword on a strap, the Kobolds size lending it the look of a normal sword comparatively. His belt and shorts are a dark leather brown, the belt being a little darker. Atop his head rests a pair of sundark goggles. His armor looks a little worn.. obviously its seen a lot of use.

Brief background, in case of interest;
Kith was raised as a warrior in his home tribe. His story did not start out spectacular, he was recognised both for his unusual strength (by Kobold standards) and his unusual talent for sorcery, though as he matured his scales turned a slight hint of red: proof of his dragon ancestry and a great honor by Kobold standards. He was assumed to be destined to be a great warrior in his tribe and was trained as he was assumed to be the one who would take over the tribe when the present ruler died. This was not to be, as his tribe area was discovered by Drow slavers, who raided the Kobold tribe. Though he fought bravely, the Kobolds were no match for the better armed and trained Drow slavers. Half the tribe fled while the warriors held them off, which suited the Drow slavers just fine, they wanted only the strongest for sale. Most of the Kobold warriors fell, either by wound or from the Drows sleeping poison, Kith was one of those 'fortunate' enough to survive and be taken into Drow 'care'.

Kith was one of the tribe Kobolds that were sold in Myrimidra to the Arena. Others were sold elsewhere, as house slaves or fodder for the army. Kith was the only one that survived in the arena: bought by a wealthy female Drow warrior cleric that had a lust for battle and arena combat, he was a favored pet of this Drow, as he often made her money in the arena, unusually tough by Kobold standards, most Drow considered the Kobold to be a 'joke' and bet against him, the Drow were not the only ones who underestimated the Kobold, other Arena combatants often made the mistake also, underestimating the Kobold led to the deaths of many newer gladiators. It was due to this success that he grew stronger, his desperation turning his focus to enhancing both his combat strength and his magic, both of which he relied on to survive. His success in the arena also gave cause for the Drow warrior to equip some of her houses magical items to the Kobold, as he earned much gold to her with his successes.

The attack on the city by Fire giants led to the fall and death of Kiths owner as with most of the Drow population. In the chaos he escaped along with many other slaves and turned his attentions to surviving. He was able to loot some other magical items during his escape, equipping himself with what he found. Kith soon fell into companionship with others who sought to survive in the wake of the Fire Giants occupation of the city, he joined a group that called themselves 'the hidden' and became a valuble member of this group due to his magic. Kith seeks to escape the Drow city and find life elsewhere but so far has not found opportunity to leave. He has limited experience outside the Drow city and does not know where to go, though he is able to teleport his lack of experience of other places lend to it being far less useful at the moment, suitable only to teleport to a few known safe spots around the city, but it is too dangerous to use to go elsewhere. The only other place he knows he could teleport to would be the home lair of his tribe, but it has since been abandoned, he does not know where the rest of his tribe left to, or even if they are still alive. It would be too dangerous for him to aimlessly wander the underdark alone with no destination.

Anyone up to this yet at all? I'm still playing the character, and a picture would be wonderful. =)

Last edited:

Remove ads