The EN World IRON DM 2018 Tournament Scheduling Thread

Rune

Once A Fool
[MENTION=67]Rune[/MENTION]: My Round 1 entry is up and ready for judgment.

[SBLOCK=My post-writing thoughts--no judges allowed!]With so many time-related ingredients, my first instinct was to write a time-travel adventure, or some kind of modern adventure in a corporate bureaucracy setting. I decided to go with planar travel instead, and embraced one of the oldest bureaucracies I could think of--religion!

But whatever. The real challenge wasn't the ingredients; it was that 750 word count limit. Brutal. I had to cut away so much exposition...super-important stuff too, like the background info that ties the Bible passage I quoted to the demon, and the reason why the demon was holding the soul of that character. (The gist of it was that no raise dead spells work anymore because Beezelbub had been released.) Alas, it's all on the cutting room floor now.

Ah well. Win or lose, this non-Catholic writer learned a bit about Purgatory and the medieval church.[/SBLOCK]

Would you mind reposting this in the other thread for posterity?

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Seeing as the first round is coming to a close, I thought I'd start the talk about scheduling for round two. I work in retail, and my schedule is fairly tight. I work every day except this Saturday. Further complicating things, this Sunday is absolutely a wash, since I have work followed by D&D, followed by opening at work the next morning.

So for me, the best 48 hour window would start on Friday and wrap up late Saturday.

Either that, or later next week, my schedule opens up a little.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I work Monday thru Friday, and I spend my weekends studying and playing D&D...so I'm equally busy on every day of the week. :) Stuff me into the schedule whenever is convenient, I'll make it work somehow.

Rune

Once A Fool
Round 2 contestants:

[sblock]
[MENTION=57112]Gradine[/MENTION],
[MENTION=50987]CleverNickName[/MENTION],
[MENTION=62721]MortalPlague[/MENTION], and
[MENTION=6785785]hawkeyefan[/MENTION]
[/sblock]

Please post a range of acceptable starting days and times. Keep in mind that we don’t need to be as precise as in the first round. Within a 48 hour match, contestants are expected to make their own window for working.

MortalPlague

Adventurer
The best times for me to start are early Monday morning till Tuesday morning. If it stretches into Thursday, that's less than ideal for me. I'm attending the Shut Up & Sit Down convention starting Thursday, so my time to actually work on an entry will be short all weekend.

Remove ads