Pathfinder 1E The End of Everything is Coming. Unless...

lmpjr007

Explorer
Hey Pathfinder Roleplaying Game fans: What does this mean to Fat Dragon Games, Fat Goblin Games, First Ones Entertainment, Little Red Goblin Games LLC, Lost Spheres Publishing, Purple Duck Games, Sasquatch Game Studio and Wayward Rogues Publishing?

Crisis Ad-1.jpg

Desh-Rae-Halra

Explorer
unless....the Fantastic Four stop Galactus???
unless...Bruce Willis goes into space to break up an asteroid while listening to Aerosmith?
unless...Earth is considered an extra charge at the All-You-Can-Eat Planetary buffet?
unless... The World Eater is counting carbs?

Seriously, some more info would be nice. Is this a campaign book to purchase, an upcoming Kickstarter?....

I wish Morrus would impose a rule that an announcement needs to be an actual announcement, not an announcement that an announcement is coming, like this seems to be.

lmpjr007

Explorer
OK Desh-Rae-Halra, here we go...

It's a 3PP 9 Publisher co-op kickstarter 'thwart Armageddon' campaign inspired by DC Comics Crisis of the Infinite Earths and Marvel Comic Ultimate Galatus Story mash-up for Pathfinder. Is this interesting to you?

Ashran

Explorer
It might to me, the only thing is, it's pathfinder, and I mostly play 5th edition nowadays. I'll check it when the actual kickstarter is up and decide then.

Desh-Rae-Halra

Explorer
OK Desh-Rae-Halra, here we go...

It's a 3PP 9 Publisher co-op kickstarter 'thwart Armageddon' campaign inspired by DC Comics Crisis of the Infinite Earths and Marvel Comic Ultimate Galatus Story mash-up for Pathfinder. Is this interesting to you?

Yes, that sounds a lot more interesting! Can you reveal more specifics like:
1a. Is this in the standard Pathfinder setting (high fantasy/Golarion) or is it one of those where it is using Pathfinder to emulate modern superheroes (hence Earth setting)?
1b. If it emulates Modern Supers, how does it account for power sets?
2. Does it take the characters from level 1-20?
3. Does it support Mythic powers?
4. When is the launch date?
5. Will there be any new races, classes, archetypes,etc?
6. If you are still using spells, how many new spells and what might be an example (before stretch goals)?
7. Any Psionic support or the new Occult stuff?
8a. Is this a one big book project or something like an adventure path where it will be released in installments?
8b. If released in installments, do you have a pledge level that covers these in print?
9. Will there be any pledge tiers in which backers get to add content (a signature character, villain, etc.?
10a. Who do you have lined up to do the art?
10b. Is the picture above the cover art?
11. What kind of stretch goals will be looking forward to?
12. Will there be any other products included in the Kickstarter (Add-ons, like Dice, Maps,etc.)?
13. Approximately how many pages are we starting with (before stretch goals,if any)?
14a. Is this thing mostly written already or is it simply in the planning stages?
14b. If it is written, what percent is complete (meaning the art is in and the layout is done)?
15. Is the book going to be full color or just a color cover and B&W interior?
16. What kind of paper is being used?
17.Will you actually publish the book,or is it one of those where we pledge for the book and then get a coupon for a print-on-demand copy?
18. Softback, Hardback, both, Limited Edition?
19. When is the estimated delivery date?
20. People always want to know how you will handle international shipping.

I think that is a fair list, as it is what I look for on a Kickstarter project front page.

lmpjr007

Explorer
Yes, that sounds a lot more interesting! Can you reveal more specifics like:
1a. Is this in the standard Pathfinder setting (high fantasy/Golarion) or is it one of those where it is using Pathfinder to emulate modern superheroes (hence Earth setting)?
This is a multi 3PP company cross-over for companies that make Pathfinder related content. This is based off of a typical fantasy settings, NOT Modern day or super heroes, but this will be various genres of fantasy.

1b. If it emulates Modern Supers, how does it account for power sets?
Answered above

2. Does it take the characters from level 1-20?
No. You will be starting at a higher level, most likely 5th.

3. Does it support Mythic powers?
At this time we can't say Yes or No.

4. When is the launch date?
The Kickstarter will start February 2016. But there will be a surprise coming November 27 for those interested in this kickstarter.

5. Will there be any new races, classes, archetypes,etc?
At this time we can't say yes or no.

6. If you are still using spells, how many new spells and what might be an example (before stretch goals)?
We will be, the specific number due to this type of kickstarter is unknown.

7. Any Psionic support or the new Occult stuff?

8a. Is this a one big book project or something like an adventure path where it will be released in installments?
As a PDF both, as a printed book, one big book.

8b. If released in installments, do you have a pledge level that covers these in print?
Yes.

9. Will there be any pledge tiers in which backers get to add content (a signature character, villain, etc.?
Yes.

10a. Who do you have lined up to do the art?
That will be revealed closure to the Kickstarter. But you can follow our Facebook game for any and all releases related tot his kickstarter: https://www.facebook.com/LouisPorterJrDesign

10b. Is the picture above the cover art?
No.

11. What kind of stretch goals will be looking forward to?
Have to wait until we announce the kickstarter.

12. Will there be any other products included in the Kickstarter (Add-ons, like Dice, Maps,etc.)?
At this time we can't say Yes or No.

13. Approximately how many pages are we starting with (before stretch goals,if any)?
A rough estimate would be 40 pages and goes up from there.

14a. Is this thing mostly written already or is it simply in the planning stages?
Still planning but writing begins in November.

14b. If it is written, what percent is complete (meaning the art is in and the layout is done)?
See above

15. Is the book going to be full color or just a color cover and B&W interior?
Full color. There will be NO B&W artwork.

16. What kind of paper is being used?
The same that is used for Lightning Source or Createspace.

17.Will you actually publish the book,or is it one of those where we pledge for the book and then get a coupon for a print-on-demand copy?
You will get a coupon for a print on demand copy

18. Softback, Hardback, both, Limited Edition?

19. When is the estimated delivery date?
That depends how much is done BEFORE we start the kickstarter.

20. People always want to know how you will handle international shipping.
That will be dependent on the result of the kickstarter.

I think that is a fair list, as it is what I look for on a Kickstarter project front page.
Since the kickstarter is 4 months away many of these questions will be answered over the up coming months. So if the answers I gave you have you interested, then you should stick around. It is going to be huge.

lmpjr007

Explorer
Looks like we can add another company name to the list of 3PP: Drop Dead Studios has been kind enough to join our Crisis of the World Eater upcoming Kickstarter. I wonder what 3PP will be next to join? Keep your eyes peeled.

Remove ads