The Enemy Within Coming For WFRP 4!

We all suspected this was coming, but Cubicle 7 has just announced that the classic campaign, The Enemy Within, is coming to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition next year. "To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of The Enemy Within Campaign we’re going to be releasing an updated deluxe, “Directors Cut” edition of The Enemy Within Campaign for Fourth Edition!"

We all suspected this was coming, but Cubicle 7 has just announced that the classic campaign, The Enemy Within, is coming to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition next year. "To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of The Enemy Within Campaign we’re going to be releasing an updated deluxe, “Directors Cut” edition of The Enemy Within Campaign for Fourth Edition!"
whfrp-hog-adv-shad.jpg
They also noted that they are working on bringing more of WFRP 1E to PDF.The Enemy Within Director's Cut will be run by Graeme Davis. Originally published in the late 1980s, this campaign is one of the all-time classics. It consisted of a series of adventures:
  • The Enemy Within / Mistaken Identity
  • Shadows Over Bögenhafen
  • Death on the Reik
  • Power Behind the Throne
  • Something Rotten in Kislev
  • Empire in Flames

Plageman

Explorer
I wonder how (if !) they will try to reconcile early WFRP lore with the later incarnation of the Old World as depicted in WFB 4th edition+ and WFRP 2E+...

I'm very very excited by this. The 3e version, re imagined, was very good. I hope this is even better! In reply to above, I don't think cubicle 7 have any requirement to tie into WFB, it's really going to be a love letter to 2e.

PeelSeel2

Explorer
Well crud. I wasn't going to be a part of this at all, and then they have to do something like this and TOTALLY REDEEM THEMSELVES! Whats some more shekels anyways.....

Dawid Wolski

First Post
Excellent news, truly - excellent! Considered classic where I come from. Good to see it updated, original version of the campaign needs a lot of tweaking to be run properly according to contemporary rpg standards ;) But still, it's a masterpiece... as long as you take SRiK out of it ;)

Plageman

Explorer
In reply to above, I don't think cubicle 7 have any requirement to tie into WFB, it's really going to be a love letter to 2e.
When GW released WFB 4th Edition they changed a lot of the lore of the game making it possible for them to have a Hero based wargame. This change impacts a lot a plot presented in the Enemy Within campaign, especially Power behind the Throne, Something Rotten in Kislev and Empire in Flames.

If they want to rewrite & expand the campaign they'll have to decide whether to keep the original "setting" or update it to WFRP 2E/3E lore. I'm an old-timer so my WH setting will always be more in the tone of what was presented in WFRP 1e but I'm not who they'll need to sell the product, the mass of the fanbase will be more familiar with the 2Edition setting I think.

Ghal Maraz

Adventurer
They hadn't to redeem themselves at all, actually... C7 is one of the best RPG companies on the market. And they really seem to be great chaps too.

Now that I think of it, European companies are doing some wondrous contributions to the hobby... C7, Pelgrane, Modiphius, Ulisses, Fria Ligan...

When GW released WFB 4th Edition they changed a lot of the lore of the game making it possible for them to have a Hero based wargame. This change impacts a lot a plot presented in the Enemy Within campaign, especially Power behind the Throne, Something Rotten in Kislev and Empire in Flames.

If they want to rewrite & expand the campaign they'll have to decide whether to keep the original "setting" or update it to WFRP 2E/3E lore. I'm an old-timer so my WH setting will always be more in the tone of what was presented in WFRP 1e but I'm not who they'll need to sell the product, the mass of the fanbase will be more familiar with the 2Edition setting I think.

Yes but this is going to be the Old Old World, close to 2E - according to C7. There is also another planned RPG going for the newer version, Age of Sigmar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It can be run in under a year with smart players.

Not too much under, but under. With weekly games, a year allows 5 weeks for each chunk.

And then add all the similar epic campaigns he wants to run. Masks of Nylakitholololotooloperix, anyone? (Yeah, I can never remember that word).

Remove ads

Remove ads