The Enemy Within Coming For WFRP 4!

We all suspected this was coming, but Cubicle 7 has just announced that the classic campaign, The Enemy Within, is coming to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition next year. "To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of The Enemy Within Campaign we’re going to be releasing an updated deluxe, “Directors Cut” edition of The Enemy Within Campaign for Fourth Edition!"

We all suspected this was coming, but Cubicle 7 has just announced that the classic campaign, The Enemy Within, is coming to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition next year. "To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of The Enemy Within Campaign we’re going to be releasing an updated deluxe, “Directors Cut” edition of The Enemy Within Campaign for Fourth Edition!"
whfrp-hog-adv-shad.jpg
They also noted that they are working on bringing more of WFRP 1E to PDF.The Enemy Within Director's Cut will be run by Graeme Davis. Originally published in the late 1980s, this campaign is one of the all-time classics. It consisted of a series of adventures:
  • The Enemy Within / Mistaken Identity
  • Shadows Over Bögenhafen
  • Death on the Reik
  • Power Behind the Throne
  • Something Rotten in Kislev
  • Empire in Flames

aramis erak

Legend
And then add all the similar epic campaigns he wants to run. Masks of Nylakitholololotooloperix, anyone? (Yeah, I can never remember that word).

Masks of Nyarlathotep. Funny, I hate the purple prose of HPL, but even I can remember it well enough for the spellchecker to correct it...

:hmm:

pogre

Legend
I have run this at least 8 or 9 times over the years. I cannot wait to buy and run this version!

Others have captured what is so great about this campaign, but it remains one of my favorites. Shadows Over Bogenhafen remains one of my favorite adventures of all time.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I'm starting up a 2e game and was thinking of running this campaign, but I think I'll hold off until this come out and run some single mods in the meantime.

D

dco

I'm worried, Cubicle7 seems more interested on releasing old material than writting new one.

ScaleyBob

Explorer
Awesome! I with any luck there's a reasonable amount of new or revised material in it.
The Enemy Within is a brilliant campaign, even if a lot of the links between the adventures are spurious at best. Shadows over Bogenhafen, Death on the Reik, and Something Rotten in Kislev are some of my all time favourite adventures. I just hope Empire in Flames gets a fair amount of revision, it's the weakest of the series, which is a shame given it's the final part of the campaign.

Remove ads

Remove ads