The Enemy Within

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: Don't worry about that, WD. Aaryn has every intention of following up on this. He doesn't like loose ends.

Aaryn looks coldly at Gorim, his eyes speak of begrudging respect for the dwarf's opinion, but an inner urging seems to drive him towards a wiser path. He says nothing to Gorim, but looks directly at him and shifts his head from side to side ever so slightly.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Aaryn has no reason to believe that the law in Altdorf would be anything other than on the level. Although Garold doesn't know of anywhere nearby to find a member of the City Watch, he does know that they can be found at the Rathaus, back on Königstplatz. The man has no identification on him. His purse contains a few coins, and he carries a simple dagger (not unusual, pretty much everyone has a knife, used mainly for eating or to denote status).

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We need to do this right. If we're watched and try to leave, I bet there will be witnesses to say we're the culprits. Unless this is really just a random act of violence. Regardless, I say we find a representative of the law and give this into their hands. Does anyone know where we could find one? Just call out? Send a runner? What?"

The priest looks around and even walks to look out of the alley to try to spot a guard, street urchin which could be paid or possibly a watcher.

Walking Dad

First Post
Gorim Grimmson

"As you wish. But I think there will be trouble anyway..."
Gorim mutters.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Gorim Grimmson
Perception: 12 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 16 Reflex 11 Will 12
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 31 / 31 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Brash Strike, Cleave
Encounter Powers: Dwarven Resilience, Hack and Hew
Daily Powers: Driving Attack

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Once Hans believes that he is safely hidden, he will sneak in the direction of where the shot came from. Hans is also interested in the general area of where this happened, to see if there are good places where the shooter may be hiding or an escape route the shooter may have used.

OOC: Another Stealth check. Also, a Streetwise check, if that's OK.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Aaryn crosses his arms as he overlooks the situation then speaks slowly and with determination. "We split. Some stay. Some to the Watch. I shall go."
OOC: Aaryn will use History to determine the location of the nearest Watch station and make haste that direction, assuming one or two of his companions come along. He wants to get this over with as quickly as possible.

FourMonos

First Post
Garold blurts out, "Slow down guys! We're not even sure we are alone now. If two or three of us split up now, they will be easier targets. If whoever shot this poor bloke thought they could take us together, they would have tried already.

"If we split up, we'll make their job easier.

"We have to keep together to prevent being picked off independently! Shoot thats how we took down the orc raiders, divide and conquer. This guy doesn't look too heavy, I say we carry him to the Rathaus and report it then. I can carry him."

Walking Dad

First Post
Gorim Grimmson

"Yes, carry a dead man around will be really non-suspicious. Why don't we keep him here as we go? Worst thing that could happen is that no one beliefs there was a murder..."
Gorim suggests.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Gorim Grimmson
Perception: 12 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 16 Reflex 11 Will 12
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 31 / 31 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Brash Strike, Cleave
Encounter Powers: Dwarven Resilience, Hack and Hew
Daily Powers: Driving Attack

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"No carrying. We either stay and find someone to call it in or go and risk everything is cleaned up. Or worse, we're stopped as guilty party who tried to run away. We need a messanger. Hans, your whole leg is showing."

OOC: [MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], would it be possible to find someone and pay him to get the guards? Did Kildrak see suitable candidate (urchin, beggar, anyone) when he looked?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: For the record, I am okay with splitting the party while we are in the middle of town for something as simple as alerting the guards of the situation. Either way, Aaryn is headed to the guards and if he bumps into any unexpected dangerous situations he will flee. Having someone skilled in Streetwise for this to use back alleys and such to help avoid notice would be useful as Aaryn's Streetwise check is unlikely to help much. But I will give it a try.

"Carry him or don't. I am going," Aaryn says as he darts off towards the nearest guard stations.

Remove ads