The Enemy Within

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Well, I have to admit I wasn't sure exactly what it involved. Rest assured there are plenty of chances to become involved in the problems of dwarves in the campaign.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
At the suggestion of going along in Josef's barge, the high elf Aaryn seems to go into thought. He closes his spellbook and clasps his hands together, as he often does, to show that he is in deep contemplation. It does not take him long to weigh his options. Within a few moments, he looks up and says merely, "Yes."

Later, when Aaryn notices the group is being followed, he stops for a very brief moment, just long enough to form a thought, then whirls about quickly and decisively. With a mere wave of his hand he conjures up a ball of bright light before the follower and states loudly, "I dislike subterfuge. Reveal yourself!"

Dr Simon

Explorer
By the elf's light spell, the figure appears as an ordinary-looking townsperson dressed in typical lower-middle class clothing. Hans recognises him as one of the people who was trying to signal in the Königsplatz.

The man suddenly says "Hnhk!" and throws himself face down onto the cobbles. Something is sticking out of his back.

OOC: He's about 20 ft. away.

Walking Dad

First Post
Gorim Grimmson

"Snipers?" Gorim asks as he readies his weapon and looks for possible hiding places.

[sblock=OOC]
Perception is only +2

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Gorim Grimmson
Perception: 12 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 16 Reflex 11 Will 12
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 31 / 31 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Brash Strike, Cleave
Encounter Powers: Dwarven Resilience, Hack and Hew
Daily Powers: Driving Attack

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Gorim sees plenty of suspicious-looking dark alleys, overlooking windows and roof eaves, but no sign of anyone hiding in them. Not only is it a dark night with both moons young and hidden by cloud, too make matters worse a mist is drifting in from the river.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Aaryn rushes over to the body of the man and drags him into an enclosed alley, such that it would be impossible to hit them with ranged weapons without being directly overhead. He then tries to help revive the man as best he can to question him.[sblock=If the man can be revived]"Who do you work for and why are you following us? Tell me and I will heal your wounds." Assuming the man cooperates, he will use healing word to grant the man a healing surge. Otherwise...[/sblock][sblock=If the man is dead]Aaryn quickly returns to his party and indicates they should hasten to the barge.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Kildrak is just a step behind the lef, but he doesn't make any demands if the man is alive, sketching a rune that shortly glows green and gold before settling over the man. Small motes of light hit every one of his companions, shortly protecting them from harm.

OOC: everyone within 5 squares gets +1 to all defenses and DR 2 if adjacent. The man gets the surge

FourMonos

First Post
Garold draws his sword and equips his shield. He jogs over next to Kildrak and crouches down, trying to use his shield for cover.

Remove ads