The Enemy Within

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: According to my reading of the rules for area burst effects, you could either get the nobles plus bodyguards, or Max plus the other PCs (Max is the grey "M"), unless there's a line of effect thing that I'm missing.

As far as you are aware, the law would be fairly lenient about the use of sleep. Summonings and charms are a different matter.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: According to my reading of the rules for area burst effects, you could either get the nobles plus bodyguards, or Max plus the other PCs (Max is the grey "M"), unless there's a line of effect thing that I'm missing.

By the map if he sets burst 2 between X and B he would only get PC if WalkingDad is still where indicated (which I believe he isn't, he shifted out on Kildrak's request, right?). He would get all enemies and two patrons. Burst 2 is 5x5 squares, not 2x2 (that would be blast)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Burst 2 is 5x5 squares, not 2x2 (that would be blast)

OOC: Ah, okay, thanks. (Don't know what was wrong with "10 ft. radius" grumble grumble).

Over by the door, the nobles and their bodyguards suddenly become woozy and sluggish. One of the nobles and one of the bodyguards start to collapse. They are carried from the bar by their remaining colleagues (well, the two bodyguards still up do the carrying, one each. The other noble is the first to stagger from the bar).

Max falls unconscious to the floor.

It seems like everyone in the bar lets out a collective sigh of relief.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Thank you for your help, this prevented what could be ugly fight."
Kildrak nods toward the mage.

He then lifts Max on his hands carrying him carefuly like a babe. Until he gets to the door where he unceremoniously dumps him into hind alley with the rest of refuse.

Coming back, he dusts off his hands and calls out "Round on me!" before turning toward the elf

Insight

Adventurer
Hans slips his dagger and mace back into their respective sheath and belt loop. "Indeed," he says. "I could do with a drink after that." He looks down at the unconscious Max. "Next time, I'll be introducing ya to my mace."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Aaryn does not smile, elves rarely do so unless singing or dancing, but it is clear he is quite pleased with himself. One might say he were beaming with pride.

With a look to Garold, Aaryn gives a slight and slow nod indicating his acceptance of the human warlord's proposal. He carefully replaces his orb into a pocket in his robes, hiding his magical power for now, before stepping over to the table. He says nothing, but sits down and folds his hands upon his lap.

Walking Dad

First Post
Gorim Grimmson

Gorim leans forward and lowers his voice so that only the others on the table can hear his words:
"No pun to the ones at the table, but say, elf, why do you to work for humans?" Gorim asks.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Gorim Grimmson
Perception: 12 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 16 Reflex 11 Will 12
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 31 / 31 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 12 / 12