The Enemy Within

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Between dwarves, it is customary to introduce oneself when you meet. I am Kildrak Gorlbarakl. What's your name?"
After getting introduction out of the way he asks the elf
"Did you have trouble with racism here? I'm trying to see things their way, but failing."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
The elf looks meekly around at the others before tilting his head ever so slightly in what you can only assume is a shrug and says, "Aaryn d'Alcor. I solve..." his voice trails off as he looks over towards the recovering nobles, "problems."

He then takes a very small sip of his wine and sets the glass back upon the table.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Well, you did good jobe back there. Now what say you we change the scenery before these recover fully?" priest motions toward the nobles.
"We may visit dwarven quarter, there are problems to be solved and then we're free to join you on your barge, master Josef."

Insight

Adventurer
"Well, you did good jobe back there. Now what say you we change the scenery before these recover fully?" priest motions toward the nobles.
"We may visit dwarven quarter, there are problems to be solved and then we're free to join you on your barge, master Josef."

"Aye," Hans replies. "Those nobles aren't gonna like bein' shown up. We'd better find another drinkin' hole."

Walking Dad

First Post
Gorim Grimmson

"Yes, the dwarven quarter seems a nice place to be to avoid racism... towards dwarfs, at least." Gorim confirms.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Gorim Grimmson
Perception: 12 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 16 Reflex 11 Will 12
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 31 / 31 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Brash Strike, Cleave
Encounter Powers: Dwarven Resilience, Hack and Hew
Daily Powers: Driving Attack

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Aaryn gulps down his wine, clearly dissatisfied at having to finish his drink so quickly, but nevertheless clearly resigned to the reality of the situation. He gets up, straightens his robes, and leads the way to the dwarven quarter, being rather intimately familiar with the city himself.

OOC: I can take 10 on History for a 22, which should be more than enough to know a safe haven and fine drinking hole for dwarves (as well as elves) in the dwarven quarter. This is of course assuming dwarves and elves generally get along in this setting, which may not be the case, in which event, he merely chooses the establishment that is least likely to make a fuss about elves. Once we arrive, Aaryn will select a table, sit down, and open his spellbook.

FourMonos

First Post
Garold agrees completely with the plan to relocate. People like Max do not like to be bested. He'll likely return with allies.

"Friends, what do you think of us traveling with Master Josef?"

[sblock=ooc] I am very not sure the direction the noble left nor the direction that Josef is traveling. I was hoping they were the same. I'll edit post if I could be corrected. [/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Later That Same Evening...

Much later, business concluded and introductions made, the group heads back through the dark city streets of Altdorf to Josef's barge. Aaryn's keen elven hearing and Hans' attunement to dark city streets both tell them the same thing - somebody is following the group.

[sblock=OOC]
I'm moving the action forward in time, but feel free to RP and further introductions from earlier. In the previous bar, the nobles staggered off down the street with help from their bodyguards. Max was dumped outside by Kilgarak, and was gone by the time you left.

As for elves and dwarves, I don't recall any historical resentment in the setting, I think the main source of conflict is differing cultural standards but I could imagine a "demihumans bar" existing in Altdorf where elves, dwarves and halflings all mingle happily. The attitude of the general populace would probably akin to that towards a gay bar - some like the cosmopolitan mix, some are indifferent, some dislike it for being full of "them".
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Realizing that the group is likely being followed, Hans recommends splitting up and meeting again at the barge. This should make life difficult for the pursuer(s) and hopefully easier for the group to lose whomever is following.

OOC: I'd like to have Hans make a Streetwise check to see if he knows a good way to do this. Presumably, said check would give Hans two good routes to get from the dwarf area to the docks.

EDIT: Looks like I critted Altdorf in the face!

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: It's probably time I added the map of Altdorf. I reckon on the dwarf district on being somewhere between areas 1, 5 and 6. The exact layout isn't really important, but it's nice to know. Hans has no problem working out some routes to follow.

Attachments

• Altdorf.jpg
    Altdorf.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 53

Remove ads