The Enemy Within

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: If we're not wanting to go to weapons, Hans is extremely limited here. All of his at-wills and other powers have weapon requirements (he cannot use them unarmed even). All I can really do is have him make a melee basic attack with combat advantage.

So he doesn't have to switch back to weapons later, Hans is going to hang onto the weapons he already has drawn. At this point, he is using them for defensive purposes only. I figure the pommel of his dagger is as good as an unarmed attack.

Hans flips the dagger in his hand around to strike Max with the pommel. "I guess some people need to be told when to leave well enough alone."

EDIT: GHETTO CRIT!

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I just realized that I mistook my spot with Gorim's spot! Darn! A simple fix would be to walk my guy next to max (spot H7 next to Kildrak) and punch and still move Hans to flank with Gorim instead of me. My attack would be reduced to 15 without the flanking bonus. [/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Okay, things got a bit confused there, plus I had to look up some rules, but I think this is right.

Garold and Hans pummel the man in black, but he takes the blows with a grim smile on his face.

"Two against one, eh? Can't fight like real men?". He lays a savage flurry of fists and elbows at Garold. Kildrak attempts to shove Max, but the man in black is ready for him and braces against the dwarf's attack.

"Now you need three?"

[sblock=OOC]
Garold unarmed strike hits for 8 damage
Hans unarmed strike hits for 7 damage
Max Villain's Menace on Garold, hits for 8 damage
Kildrak Bull Rush on Max, 11+4=15 vs. Fortitude, fails.
Gorim - stated action was to take total defence, although you can change this if you like as it is now you initiative count.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Barroom brawl 2.jpg
    Barroom brawl 2.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Gorim Grimmson

"No, Gorim, stay out of this. I'll teach this curr a lesson he won't forget. Unless of course, he apologizes RIGHT NOW!"

"As you wish, Alaghor." Gorim says. But he will act, if the priest falls.

[sblock=OOC]

full defense

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Gorim Grimmson
Perception: 12 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 16 Reflex 11 Will 12
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 31 / 31 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Brash Strike, Cleave
Encounter Powers: Dwarven Resilience, Hack and Hew
Daily Powers: Driving Attack

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
"You, sir, started a fight with a table of people who do not back down to threats and bullying. We stand firm against such villainous behavior. Feel free to run at any point." Garold raises his clenched hands, centering himself, ready to continue the fight.

[sblock=actions] Free: Talking
Standard: Second Wind. +6 HP and +2 defenses TENT.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Garold Riechenberg]
Init: +0 Speed: 5 Perception:9 Insight:9
AC: 18 NAD: F: 16 R: 15 W:14
HP: 23/25 Surges: 7/8 Surge Value: 6
Second Wind: Used AP: 1
Str:18 Dex:10 Wis:8 Con:13 Int:14 Cha:14

Powers:
At-Will: Direct the Strike, Wolf Pack Tactics, Rousing Assault
Encounter: Battlefront Shift, Shielded Assault, Inspiring Word, Inspiring Word
Daily: Lead by Example [/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
RUNESTATE: PROTECTION: all adjacent allies gain DR 2

"Garold, Hans, let him be. I'll teach him a lesson, there is no need for the rest of you to involve yourselves."

"Let's see what you've got, curr!"
says the dwarven smith swinging his arms. It's not clear whether that was flourish invitation to hit him or attempt at the punch, but Garold almost gets clipped by flailing arm.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Word of dimishment vs AC; damage (1d20+4=5, 1d4+4=6) - my streak of terrible rolls continues, still being least intimidating dwarf on the world
[/sblock]

OOC: [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], please shift out, villain's menace is dangerous power since I need to hit him every time AND you need to be adjacent to me just to neutralize it's damage bonus. Let me try this on my own. If it goes downhill, you can all jump in. I'm hoping he's targeting Garold specifically for some reason and he'll withdraw and try later.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Hans continues his assault with the pommel of his dagger.

OOC: Standard Action: Melee Basic Attack (Unarmed) with flank (combat advantage).

Note: Hans has Resist 2 all from the Runepriest's runestate.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
It isn't that you didn't notice the high elf sitting a table back. You are fairly certain he has been with you the entire way, starting with the inn where you joined the coach for Altdorf. But high elves have a peculiar way about them; they rarely draw attention to themselves unless they desire it. And so it seems attention is desired now as the high elf stands to his feat, brandishing an orb that glows with intense energy within.

"It is high time this foolishness ended!" he cries, as a wave of energy, invisible and yet palpable, blasts towards Max and the giddy nobles behind him bringing a sudden dizziness upon them.

OOC: Aaryn is going to cast sleep upon Max, the nobles, and their bodyguards, hoping that this will put them. According to the map it looks like I can target them all with sleep's burst 2 effect.

If there are some sort of laws against using magic in the city I will have to change my action. History check to see if I know that.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Also will be using my orb of imposition to give Max a -2 penalty to his saving throw if the sleep spell hit him.

[sblock=powers available]
AP-1
E-fey step, icy terrain, second wind
D-healing word, sleep[/sblock]

Remove ads