• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Enemy Within

Walking Dad

First Post
Gorim Grimmson

"I'm very displeased with your show of ridicule for the dawi race!"
Gorim says, his formal threat loosing much of it's bite in the translation.

[sblock=OOC]
Intimidate: 1d20 - 1 = 6

We must be the least intimidating dwarfs in the city.
[sblock=Mini stat block]
Gorim Grimmson
Perception: 12 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 16 Reflex 11 Will 12
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 31 / 31 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Brash Strike, Cleave
Encounter Powers: Dwarven Resilience, Hack and Hew
Daily Powers: Driving Attack

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
His hands under the table, Hans slowly and carefully draws a dagger. Just in case.

OOC: I'm gonna make a Stealth check for this.

FourMonos

First Post
Garold stands up immediately, red in the face.

"You dare insult these honorable dwarves! You act the role of trash, despite your fancy rags!"

He waves his arms to indicate the bar at large, "See what we have here everyone, nothing but fancy rats!"

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
The two nobles don't seem too abashed by the threats and insults sent their way; instead they burst into a fit of giggles, but they do step behind their bodyguards.

Max, the man in black, suddenly pushes his chair back and saunters over to the table. The nobles smirk, but the rest of the room goes quiet, with people nearby edging away from your table. The halfling waiter scurries under a table in the corner.

"I'd watch your manners if I were you, pea brain," says Max. You realise he is addressing Garold.

OOC: re: unintimidating dawrves. Well, we could say that it is because these two rakes are too drunk, rich or stupid to feel fear :)

[sblock=Kildrak]
One of the men is wearing a clasp for his half-cloak with a heraldic device on it, but you don't recognise it as any particularly important noble family.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Hans]
You've seen this kind of scam before. Chances are Max has been paid to pick a fight, probably for the entertainment of these drunk posh-boys.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Max Ernst.jpg
    Max Ernst.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 73

Insight

Adventurer
Hans' eyes dart between the nobles, their bodyguards, and Max. He gives a wry smile.

The former jailer knows all too well the folly of falling into a trap set by people with ill intentions. Hans carefully draws his mace from its belt loop and places it across his lap.

OOC: Another Stealth check for this.

FourMonos

First Post
Garold turns to look at the man. He is still very angry with the treatment of the dwarves.

"This is no business of yours. Take your seat, sir." It is clear from his tone, that he doesn't consider the man in black worthy of the title.

[sblock=Garold Riechenberg]
Init: +0 Speed: 5 Perception:9 Insight:9
AC: 18 NAD: F: 16 R: 15 W:14
HP: 25/25 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 6
Second Wind: Not Used AP: 1
Str:18 Dex:10 Wis:8 Con:13 Int:14 Cha:14

Powers:
At-Will: Direct the Strike, Wolf Pack Tactics, Rousing Assault
Encounter: Battlefront Shift, Shielded Assault, Inspiring Word, Inspiring Word
Daily: Lead by Example [/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Sorry about the slow response - busy workload, now thankfully lifted for a while.

The man in black actually takes a step back. He glares silently at Garold for a moment, then his face breaks into a mirthless grin.

"A bold one, eh?" he says. "Fancy your chances against me, do you, boy?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Gorim Grimmson

"No one needs to fight for me. I can defend my honor myself!"
Gorim says, flexing his muscles, one hand already on his hammer.

[sblock=OOC]
[sblock=Mini stat block]
Gorim Grimmson
Perception: 12 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 16 Reflex 11 Will 12
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 31 / 31 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Brash Strike, Cleave
Encounter Powers: Dwarven Resilience, Hack and Hew
Daily Powers: Driving Attack

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Leave your hammer alone. Let them decide where this will go. " the priest stands between humans, pulling at Gorim's hand, unconcerned that his side is exposed to the dark man. He talks as if he wasn't even there, but as if he looks from safe distance. "See. They even got local bully on their side since they are too weak and drunk to fight themselves. I hope they pay you afterwards, boy" ... it's not clear because of the lack of inflection whether dwarven priest uses same word simply because he copies the style of speech or he understands what it means ... "as you'll need it for the temple. Now, leave us to drink in peace or suffer the consequences. Nobody stands between a dwarf and his ale."

He turns toward the merchant "I apologize if our presence inconveniences you, I heard there are these kind of people in the city, I just didn't realize the extent of it. You may want to step back if this turns any uglier. And try to keep those drunken sots out of the fight, they might get hurt."

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: I was a little thrown by "merchant". I assume you mean Josef?

IC:

The man in black's hand goes to his sword hilt when Gorim reaches for his hammer.

"You'd best listen to your friend, stumpy," he says, indicating Kildrak. "You be good little dwarves and sit there and drink your ale while me and the boy sort this out." He steps up to Garold again and pokes him in the chest with a finger. "If he's man enough, that is."

Josef is surprised when Kildrak addresses him, startling him out of his tense posture. "Oh, er, right," he says.

Remove ads