The Enemy Within

Walking Dad

First Post
Gorim Grimmson

"Alaghor, is this a test for my patience? I hope you know what you do."
Gorim says his hand moving away from his hammer... slowly.

[sblock=OOC]
[sblock=Mini stat block]
Gorim Grimmson
Perception: 12 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 16 Reflex 11 Will 12
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 31 / 31 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Brash Strike, Cleave
Encounter Powers: Dwarven Resilience, Hack and Hew
Daily Powers: Driving Attack

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
RUNESTATE: Protection: all adjacent allies have DR 2

"Oh, no. It wasn't a test. It was an attempt to show that idiot which race has more brains. Now, since he said stumpy again against my warning, I'm all for showing him which race has more brawns too."

Blacksmith turns toward the man in black, jabbing his finger in mans chest similar to what he did to Garold only with more force, pushing the man with each sentence.
"You, longshanks, you were told not to say 'stumpy' again or I'll cut you to size. Now, apologize or this WILL get serious."

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Draw hammer - no weapons in a bar fight
Standard: Word of diminishment +6 vs AC; 1d10+4; on hit, target has -3 to damage rolls TENT; also on hit, deal additional 3 cold damage (forgeborn power)
Standard: Bull rush +4 vs Fort
[/sblock]

OOC: should we roll or you're rolling [MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Gorim Grimmson

Gorim tosses swing at the man-in-black.

[sblock=OOC]

I use invisible castle because the forum roller gives sometimes 'funny' results for damage rolls with minimum rolls.

Edit: I changed my action (as the post above had)

shall I keep my d20 roll or roll new?

move: adjacent to Kildrak and MIB, if possible.
standard: unarmed attack, mark the MIB.

old action:

Brash strike (1d20+9=20, 2d6.minroll(2)+7=16) vs AC. Gorim also marks and gives combat advantage.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Gorim Grimmson
Perception: 12 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 16 Reflex 11 Will 12
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 31 / 31 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Brash Strike, Cleave
Encounter Powers: Dwarven Resilience, Hack and Hew
Daily Powers: Driving Attack

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: I'm having a hard time picturing the situation here. Can we get a basic diagram of where everyone is?

Also, are we rolling initiative or going with a surprise round here? Init rolled

Since Hans isn't really looking for a fight, he will most likely delay. If it seems like he can get a shot in on someone with a flank or something, or if real weapons are drawn, or if he is attacked, Hans will respond with his weapons.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Neurotic, I don't mind. You can roll (with IC or the ENworld roller) if you like, I reserve the right for the usual checks without an obvious outcome, but you can roll attacks etc. if you like.

Insight - roll initiative. Max was trying to start a fight, and I think you all were ready for one, so no surprise round. Will try to get a map up tomorrow, the one with the adventure lacks any useful detail.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The dwarves move into action, chairs fall and the man in black gives a mirthless grin. Time seems to slow for Garold as he sees Kildrak and Gorim clench their fists and start towards the man in black.

[sblock=OOC]
Map attached, starting positions based on what I could fathom from earlier actions. Only Hans has any weapons to hand, hidden under the table. Hopefully you should all be identifiable from speech colour and initial. Q and R are the nobles, B are their bodyguards. Xs are other staff and patrons. There is a balcony above the pillared area.

If you need to identify squares on the grid, assume that numbering starts in the top left, with A to M horizontally and 1 to 13 downwards.

Initiative order:

Garold
Hans
Max
Kildrak
Gorim

I've assumed Garogram is somewhere else to save time. Those of you who've already posted actions can choose again if you like, otherwise I'll work with what you gave me.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Barroom brawl.jpg
    Barroom brawl.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Edited because of the post below (Gorim has the lower ini). Gorim will do nothing, but assume a defensive stance (or whatever this is called in 4e).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I was trying to avoid throwing the first punch so they cannot say we started it. Hopefully my bull-rush will put Max out of reach. But if Gorim attacked, have at them!

"No, Gorim, stay out of this. I'll teach this curr a lesson he won't forget. Unless of course, he apologizes RIGHT NOW!"

Intimidate (1d20-1=2) - do I have flowers in my hair or something?! Hopefully, in combat I'll get better rolls.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Garold uses the ruckus of rising voices to give Hans a signal to move. Garold is hoping the thug is astounded by how fast Hans is by his side. Almost as in tandom, Hans shifts behind Max as Garold attempts to level him with a punch.

[sblock=actions] Free (at initiative): Battlefront shift: Hans shifts 3 squares to next to Max.
Standard: Wolf Pack Tactics: Hans shifts to opposite Garold, flanking Max. Rolls coming.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Garold Riechenberg]
Init: +0 Speed: 5 Perception:9 Insight:9
AC: 18 NAD: F: 16 R: 15 W:14
HP: 25/25 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 6
Second Wind: Not Used AP: 1
Str:18 Dex:10 Wis:8 Con:13 Int:14 Cha:14

Powers:
At-Will: Direct the Strike, Wolf Pack Tactics, Rousing Assault
Encounter: Battlefront Shift, Shielded Assault, Inspiring Word, Inspiring Word
Daily: Lead by Example [/sblock]

Remove ads