The Expanse

MarkB

Legend
I remember this being my least favourite novel of the series when I listened to it, due to the whole Earth-being-devastated thing, the breakup of the crew, and general lack of Protomolecule wibblyness, but I'm enjoying it as a season. Inaros isn't quite as insufferable in this version, and they're doing a good job of intercutting the storylines.

Janx

Hero
I remember this being my least favourite novel of the series when I listened to it, due to the whole Earth-being-devastated thing, the breakup of the crew, and general lack of Protomolecule wibblyness, but I'm enjoying it as a season. Inaros isn't quite as insufferable in this version, and they're doing a good job of intercutting the storylines.
There's some chatter about problems with Inaros in the TV show being a soap opera villain and cookie cutter terrorist.

I worry if the book version's worse. Just finished book 3 the other day.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I really enjoy The Expanse, though season 4 and 5 have felt like half seasons stretched out to full seasons.

I'm up to speed with the new season. It definitely is more grim than the previous seasons, but the stakes are also super high. The idea of having the main cast separated for most of the season is interesting and it is fun to see different team ups.

I'm sad however to hear that Kas won't be in the last season due to stuff behind the scenes.

Ryujin

Legend
I'm up to speed with the new season. It definitely is more grim than the previous seasons, but the stakes are also super high. The idea of having the main cast separated for most of the season is interesting and it is fun to see different team ups.

I'm sad however to hear that Kas won't be in the last season due to stuff behind the scenes.
Early on in the season my brain was screaming, "Don't split the party!!"

No Cas Anvar? That sucks. Alex is one of my favourite characters and I love the interaction between Alex and Bobbie.

Janx

Hero

the split up was a neat departure to change up the story.

I just caught up on the news that Alex Kamal's actor Cas Anvar is not in season 6 due to sexual misconduct and assault allegations that were investigated over the summer. I liked his character a lot, and its disheartening to hear this about him.

Yeah, I am also very fond of his character. Plus he deserves a lot of credit as an actor for saving the Expanse. It was shocking and disheartening to hear of those sexual assault allegations in regards to his fans. I'm confident the showrunners would not be taking this step unless it looked really bad.

Remove ads