The Fall of Plaguestone OOC [CLOSED]

Kaodi

Hero
I like the concept of Silvi too but it makes me feel badly when I am only in the mood for a perfunctory update because I feel like every post should ooze character, lol. Maybe I should try to read the game thread from the beginning again and see how I feel after that.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I do like Silvi, too. And she will always be useful, as currently the only healer in the party. But whatever makes you happy to play. Always feel free to play some RP between GM posts, too.

Nobody has opened the box yet, either.

Kaodi

Hero
The healer issue is definitely why both of my potential replacement ideas had some kind of healing; the champion with lay on hands and the investigator with forensic medicine. Neither of those can nova heal quite like a cleric though.

Kaodi

Hero
I guess Silvi must have gotten really lucky on that poison roll given her massive drained penalty to Con checks.

In any case reading through our adventure so far it seems that the alchemist Silwyth Edara's daughter was a half-elf named Vilree. I had certainly not remembered a detail like that.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Ah. I forgot there was a drain penalty to Con. But yeah, I recall she did roll pretty high. DC was 17, and pretty sure I remember her rolling well over 20. But she has a 6 Con, anyway, so she was making a straight roll basically. I'll let it stand, since I don't remember the exact number. I'll start putting those in again.

And the local alchemist's daughter's name is interesting, isn't it?

Kaodi

Hero
I have discovered another interesting thing - one that I am quite surprised that I never thought to consider in the last eight or nine months - and that is that the drained condition (or any condition for that matter) does not stack? Only the greatest value and/or duration applies. Silvi only should have ever been drained 1, and it would have cleared up after a single night's rest. Maybe she really has been delirious the last day - imagining she was deathly ill when she was not, lol.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I have discovered another interesting thing - one that I am quite surprised that I never thought to consider in the last eight or nine months - and that is that the drained condition (or any condition for that matter) does not stack? Only the greatest value and/or duration applies. Silvi only should have ever been drained 1, and it would have cleared up after a single night's rest. Maybe she really has been delirious the last day - imagining she was deathly ill when she was not, lol.
Huh. Interesting rules. Story-wise I like the idea that she just felt off and played it up.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Huh. That is odd. I thought all conditions stacked. Well, we can have her get better, then. Otherwise stirges are just really, really bad! LOL Sorry I missed that. I will correct her HP and such.

Remove ads