log in or register to remove this ad

 

The Fall of Plaguestone

Lavina, despite the legendary halfling courage she had displayed, was thrown off by the wolf's howl.

But it didn't slow her at all. She rolled, somersaulted, and moved with fluid grace, and closed with the wolf, spinning around and delivering two open palm strikes. But the wolf's howl had thrown her off, and her strikes found no purchase.

  1. Move to close with the wolf.
  2. Attack 1: 1d20+7-1 9 1d6 6
  3. Attack 2: 1d20+3-1 13 1d6 1
 

log in or register to remove this ad


KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Road to Almas
Late Afternoon
Round 2

The wolf seemed to wince as Silvi cast her spell. It growled low at the heroes.

Hiromi’s arrows stuck into the ground, one of them getting close to the wolf, but not hitting it.

Trevor’s sword bit in deep to the wolf’s flank, causing it to yelp.

Jewel danced up to the wolf and touched it, her spell making the beast’s fur blacken a bit.

Galahad slipped around to flank the strange wolf, pricking it with his rapier.

Lavinia attempted to strike the wolf as well, but shied back at the last minute at the sight of its snarling jaws dripping with green foam.

OOC: Varen still to go. If he lands a hit, he will probably kill it. Otherwise it’s the wolf’s turn. Good luck!




Initiative
Trevor 28
Jewel 24
CW 24
Silvi 21
Lavinia 17
Galahad 16
Varen 15
Hiromi 13

Silvi AC 13 HP 19/19 Shield
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15 Frightened 1
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17
Varen AC 18 HP 19/20 +2 AC, Frightened 1
Lavina AC 19 HP 14/19 AC 20, Frightened 1
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19 Inspire Courage (+1 attacks, damage, saves vs fear) 1r

Caustic Wolf AC 18 HP 2/30

Party XP: 0
 

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Varen grasps at the handholds of shield. He eyes the wolf cautiously. It's a really big wolf, but Jewel's song lifts his spirit. He strides gallantly forward, looking the wolf in the eye as he plunges his blade into it.

He speaks as he strikes "I do not know what has caused you to act in this way, but rest assured I will find the cause and make sure it happens to none more of your kin. May the light of Sarenrae grant you solace."

  • Raise Shield
  • Stride to Caustic Wolf
  • Strike Caustic Wolf With Longsword (5 Piercing Damage)
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Road to Almas
Late Afternoon
Round 0

Varen sunk his blade into the wolf’s heart, and it howled in agony before slumping to the ground in death. Its blood sprayed a little, sizzling where it hit Varan’s armor, pitting his sword where it had sunk into the beast.

With the death of the strange wolf, the other wolves attacking the caravan eventually slunk off back into the trees, leaving the defenders to assess the consequences. There are a few minor injuries, and the party can hear Olf and Ulf moaning and complaining as Bort drags them with him to the rear wagon. The pair of Ulfen twins don’t look particularly badly injured, though, despite their protests to the contrary.

“Thing practically disemboweled me!” Ulf insisted, indicating a minor scratch on his stomach. It wasn’t even bleeding anymore.

Bort surveyed the rear wagon. In the panic of the horses, it had gotten wedged off the trail. “We’re gonna need some ‘elp gettin’ this back on the road,” the dwarf told the party. “Boys, start pushin’.”

Bort looked at the dead wolves, especially the large one. “Well, seems ye all c’n take care o’ yerselves quite well. Guid job! I’ll buy ye dinner when we get t’ toon, an’ remind me t’ tell ye aboot tha’ time I faced a fire giant! Noo le’s get this wagon shifted, ye lot!”

OOC: Anyone helping shift the wagon back onto the road, make an Athletics check. If you need to do any healing, you can do it now, too.


Action:
Action:
Action:


Initiative
Trevor
Jewel
Silvi
Lavinia
Galahad
Varen
Hiromi

Silvi AC 13 HP 19/19
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17
Varen AC 18 HP 19/20
Lavina AC 19 HP 14/19
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19

Party XP: 80
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
With the other wolves having fled Silvi carefully climbs down from the back of the wagon and goes to examine the wolf she stunned with her spell. "Awww, poor guy, what happened to you?" she asks (rhetorically) as she looks over him for signs of sickness or disease, slowly shaking her head. "Do we have anything we could restrain doggy with? Maybe we could take him with us so I can try and fix him up once we are off the road."

OOC: Silvi attempts to identity the malady of the wolf, though she is not going to treat him - not just yet anyway. Medicine: 1D20+7 = [11]+7 = 18
 


gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad checked the various wolves for signs of disease, leaving the cart to others. At this point, he was more concerned with the health of anyone who'd been bitten. Afterwards, he checked over anyone who was injured, offering an elixir to the three worst cases (especially if they looked like they might have contracted something), and working to heal their wounds with his alchemy lab as they got settled back in, using the last cart as a mobile triage center (once they get it sorted, of course).

Using 3 Minor Elixir of Life handed out and lots of heal checks with a +6 bonus.

The medicine roll for checking wolves for disease. Medicine:: 1d20+5 23
Galahad Lightfoot
AC: 18 (19 w/shield)
HP: 15 / 15
Infused Reagents: 1 / 4 available
 

Hiromi felt ashamed. She had not been very effective in the fight. Her hands had kept shaking. She had fired her bow into many targets before, but she was no hunter - shooting a living creature was far more difficult, and it made her sad.

She busied herself with helping with the wagon, hoping that everyone would forget that she was here.
 

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
As he struck the telling blow the wolf, Varen kneels in front of it. He sits in contemplation, bringing the silver Statue of Sarenrae to his lap. Tears stream down his face for the wolves and for what he is afraid he will have to do to those who put the wolves up to this.

After there are no more tears to be had, Varen seeks out Lavina and places a hand on her shoulder. Are you alright little one? As he says those words Sarenrae's light heals the rest of Lavina's wounds.

As he does so he turns back to the other sick and wounded. He will tend to them using the healing touch of Sarenrae's light.

OOC:
Basically he will refocus and then use Lay On Hands to heal Lavina for 6 hp. Then as time allows he will alternate between refocusing and healing the wounded. He tends to his meager wounds last.
 

estralita

Villager
Seeing the threat was done, the goblin woman smiled broadly. "Why, hello, hello. That was a bit of an unusual first meaning. But I had a feeling that was the right time to stop by. So who are we, and where are we going?"
 


KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Late Afternoon
Round 0

Silvi and Galahad examined the large wolf. It was dead, from the many blows it had taken from the others in the party. She couldn’t see any sign of disease on the wolf. When she pried its jaws open with a stick, the stick sizzled a bit, but she could see weird glands in the back of its throat that shouldn’t be there on a normal wolf. A poke with the stick sent out a spray of acid that hit a nearby tree and sizzled, eating through the wood.

OOC: Hiromi, I need an Athletics check from you. If you beat a DC 15, you are fine. The wagon needs to successful DC15 Athletics checks to move again without penalties. Trevor got 1.

Livinia, if Hiromi misses the DC 15, you are Fatigued since you also missed the DC 15. Hiromii will be Fatigued as well. You take a –1 status penalty to AC and saving throws. While exploring, you can’t choose an exploration activity. You recover from fatigue after a full night’s rest.


The heroes manage to grunt and push and force the wagon back onto the road. “Ah, guid, guid! Nae tae bad, I ‘ope,” Bort compliments. “We’ll get some guid food an’ a bed t’ rest in t’night at Plaguestone,” he reassured them. “Let’s get on the road again ‘fore we lose the light.”

It only took the caravan another hour to reach Etran’s Folly, and they still had a few hours before dusk. The wagons rolled to a stop in front of a building with a sign indicating it was called the Feedmill. It had the familiar structure of an inn and tavern.

Most of the simple wood-and-thatch homes in Etran’s Folly looked identical to one another and were in a similar state of disrepair. A number of the houses clearly looked abandoned, their roofs collapsed. As they passed through the middle of town, the wagons went around a large, flat, cylindrical, moss-covered rock standing 2 feet high, with a hole in its center and a bowl-shaped depression off to one side.

The teamsters secured the caravan for the night. “I’m gaein’ t’ make some rounds ‘round toon,” Bort said, “talk t’ me customers. Make yerselves at ‘ome in the Feedmill,” he told the party.

Action:
Action:
Action:


Initiative
Trevor
Jewel
Silvi
Lavinia
Galahad
Varen
Hiromi

Silvi AC 13 HP 19/19
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17
Varen AC 18 HP 20/20
Lavina AC 19 HP 19/19
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19

Party XP: 80
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
OOC: I was not trying to look at the big one. I was trying to look at the regular wolf that was knocked unconscious with daze.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
OOC: Ah, okay. In that case, the wolf seems pretty normal. It seemed to have been following the pack leader, which was the acid wolf. Though I believe all the wolves got hacked up pretty well. Not sure if Daze knocks it out, though, as it does damage, too, which I don't recall seeing was nonlethal.
 

Hiromi had helped with the wagon, and it had been very difficult to get it going. She found that in spite of her fitness, she had pushed too hard. Now she was sore, and she wanted nothing more than a bath and to bed.

OOC: Hmm... Assurance 13 doesn't help much when the DC is 15. Athletics: 1D20+3 = [8]+3 = 11 Nor does rolling! Fatigue 1 for Hiromi and Livina.
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Silvi is somewhat dismayed by the sight of all the dilapidated and and abandoned homes as they pass through town. "Well," she says to herself, "...at least they have this neat rock!" When they arrive at the Feedmill the gnome this time chooses to hop down from the wagon, landing on the ground with the tiniest thud. She wondered what sort of accommodations a tavern with such a workmanlike name might off. Silvi doubted she would be wowed, given the state of the town, but she could hope for the best! "Dibs on any local delicacies!" she exclaims as she hops once and rushes the door.
 

Lavine looks unusually tired after the effort, but doesn't shirk her duty; she stays on watch, for more wolves - acid-spitting or otherwise.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Late Afternoon
Round 0

As the caravan members dismount from their wagons, a halfling woman approaches. “Edra Wythe, stable hand,” she introduced herself. Then she went over to the horses. “Oh, you poor beasties! You look so tired. Why don’t we get you some oats and water and some nice straw to lie in. Oh, and what’s this?” she fingered a wound where one of the horses had gotten bit by one of the wolves. The halfling tut-tutted as she led the horses around the side to the stable.

Moving inside, the Feedmill was rather simple. The tavern seemed to have a sort of general store attached to it, accessed through a side door near the front. There were few customers this early, barring one gigantic, brutish man with scars criss crossing his face. A small male goblin was serving him a plate of food, and fumbling with a jug of ale, trying to refill his cup. The man growled at the goblin and cuffed his ear when he spilled a bit, and yelled at him to get him some more bread. The goblin cowered and squeaked and hurried off, hurrying back just as quickly with the bread. The big man looked at the entering caravaneers with dark eyes and then returned his attention to his food.

Behind the bar was a middle aged human female. She was talking with a human male and another human female, who leaned against the bar. Both had a towel over a shoulder and held an empty tray, looking like servers.

The other occupant was a male half-elf who was tuning a lute in the corner -- or, at least, hopefully tuning, because if that was a song… The lute looked to be missing two strings, and his practice vocal pitches seemed a bit off.

Action:
Action:
Action:


Initiative
Trevor
Jewel
Silvi
Lavinia
Galahad
Varen
Hiromi

Silvi AC 13 HP 19/19
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17 Fatigue 1
Varen AC 18 HP 20/20
Lavina AC 19 HP 19/19 Fatigue 1
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19

Party XP: 80
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Silvi approached the trio by the bar. Hopefully they would not have too much trouble noticing her as they employed another small person, the goblin. "Excuse me," she asks, "Do you serve anything here that is not quite like anywhere else? A local specialty?"
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top