The Fall of Plaguestone

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Varen catches the wolf's jaw with his arm, steeling through. His goddess is with him this day.

As Galahad pours the elixir in his mouth Varen smiles, but quickly bows his head. He reaches for his sword, but not his shield. Best to put this poor creature out of its misery.

He quickly dispatches the wolf, but tears up in the process. He brings a hand to wipe the tears from his eyes and the light of his goddess seals what remains of his wounds.

OOC:
Actions: Interact(Draw Sword), Strike (Long Sword) , Lay On Hands

Fortitude Save: 1D20+7 = [13]+7 = 20

Longsword Attack Roll: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25

Longsword Damage: 1D8+3 = [2]+3 = 5

That's a Critical Success! 10 Damage!
Heal 6 HP. +2 AC for next round in case we are attacked by more wolves.

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Lavina gracefully returned to form from her strike, and upon seeing the creature struck down by the magical assault, gracefully rolled through her companion's legs and came up within fighting distance of the remaining wolf.

• Move
  • Attack 1 Attack 1: 1d20+7 8 1d8 8 - that is a fumble! I don't think it does anything out and out bad, just a regular failure.
  • Attack 2 Attack 2: 1d20+3 10 1d8 1

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Road to Almas
Late Afternoon
Round 2

OOC: When you cast spells, it helps me if you give me the DC so I don’t have to look it up. Thanks.
Fortitude save: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18
Wolf saves. I’m unsure if the save is against the damage and the enfeebled condition, or just the enfeebled condition and it takes the damage regardless. For now I’ll rule it doesn’t take the damage. Open to comment, but not sure it matters, since Varen finished it.

As the heroes downed the last wolf, another loped out of the woods. It was larger, and as it growled, a lather dripped from its jaws. Where it hit the grass, it sizzled. It gave a loud howl that reverberated up and down the line of wagons as the other wolves took up the howl, filling the forest with the predatory fear.

OOC: Everyone is Frightened 1.
And players are up.

CW
Action: Stride
Action: Howl
Action: Howl
Intimidation: 1D20+8 = [13]+8 = 21

Initiative
Trevor 28
Jewel 24
Mangy Wolves 24
Silvi 21
Lavinia 17
Galahad 16
Varen 15
Hiromi 13

Silvi AC 13 HP 19/19 Shield, Frightened 1
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20 Frightened 1
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15 Frightened 1
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17 Frightened 1
Varen AC 18 HP 19/20 +2 AC, Frightened 1
Lavina AC 19 HP 14/19 AC 20, Frightened 1
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19 Inspire Courage (+1 attacks, damage, saves vs fear) 2r, Frightened 1

Caustic Wolf AC 18 HP 30/30

Party XP: 0

Kaodi

Hero
Silvi squeaks, "That one looks bad, very bad!" but her she summons enough resolve to use her divine gifts, putting her fingers to her temple and focusing on the slavering beast before ducking down in the wagon.

OOC: Casting daze (DC 16 with the penalty) and shield.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Whenever you see something that calls for a basic save, the result is this.

Crit Fail: Double damage(in this case, enfeebled only happens on thsi result.)
Fail: Normal damage
Success: Half damage
Crit Success: No damage.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Standing in the wagon, Hiromi looked with wide eyes at the strange new wolf. She drew and fired three arrows in quick succession. Twang Twang Twang. To her frustration, her shaky hands caused all of them to fall short of the horrible creature.

OOC: Including MAP, and Frightened 1 Condition:
A1: Bow: 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16; 1D6 = [3] = 3
A2: Bow: 1D20+1 = [5]+1 = 6; 1D6 = [4] = 4
A3: Bow: 1D20-4 = [14]-4 = 10; 1D6 = [6] = 6
Arrows Left: 16/20
Edit: Forgot the Inspire Courage again, so everything up there is +1.
I think they all still miss, but the first was close!
Funny how we're Frightened AND Couraged!

Last edited:

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
OOC: Did I get a chance to pick up my shield in the initial foray before the wolves got there. Want to make sure I am staying consistent with the fiction.

estralita

Villager
Both of the goblin woman's songs lingered, as she glided through and slapped her glowing hand on the newcomer.

Second verse, same as the first.
A1: Stride two spaces to be next to wolf
A2 and A3: Casting Chill Touch
Damage: 1d4+4= [2]+4= 6

gargoyleking

Adventurer
This wolf looked more dangerous than the others. And Galahad was about to pull a strange stone from his bandoleer when a few others rushed towards the beast. Changing his mind, he rushed forward himself and stabbed artfully at the beast with his rapier before raising his buckler as a barrier against the creature's teeth.

(>)Move up, flank if possible.
(>)Rapier: 1d20+6 19 1d6+3 7
(>)Raise Shield (Buckler for AC 19)
Galahad Lightfoot
AC: 18 (19 w/shield)
HP: 15 / 15
Infused Reagents: 1 / 4 available

Remove ads