The Fall of Plaguestone

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Hiromi was tired, she had a small bite to eat and was considering going to bed, but she couldn't stop watching the scarred man. She'd once worked with a trio of goblin jugglers, and she'd always been fond of goblins after that. She felt that they had something of a bad rap, and were often treated abysmally by everyone else. She didn't like to see goblins treated badly. It reminded her of how she had been treated as a child. She caught Jewel's eye and tried to determine if the goblin had noticed her kin being abused. A lot of goblins were so used to abuse, that they didn't even notice it.
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad followed the others in after a small wince at finding that he'd missed tending to one of the horses. He'd been so focussed on the humanoid casualties that he'd had little time to look after any of the animals. Still. He was tired. And they seemed to be in good hands now.

He frowned at the man's treatment of the goblin and sighed. He was no good at convincing anyone of anything. And any interference on his part was likely to cause more issues for the goblin than help him at this point.

Resigned to merely watch, for now, he walked to the bar.

"I'd like a basic meal and pint please."
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Trevor sought out a table for his comrades to sit at, then attempted to get a server's attention to order a fine ale and good food.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Late Afternoon
Round 0

The woman behind the bar looked over and down and smiled at Silvi. “We’ve got turnip ale,” she told the gnome. “I’m Delma, the owner. You with Bort’s caravan?” Delma looked up at Galahad. “Pick a table and food will be ready in about half an hour or so. I’ll get your pint poured.”

Delma Fulst.jpg


Trevor got a table, and the other woman came over when he gestured for a server and ordered fine ale and good food. “Well, sir,” the woman said, “we got one meal and one drink. Roasted wild game, turnip stew, a slice of seedcake, and a sweet turnip porridge for dessert. It will be ready soon. And we got turnip ale to drink.”

Trin Sathern.jpg


Action:
Action:
Action:


Initiative
Trevor
Jewel
Silvi
Lavinia
Galahad
Varen
Hiromi

Silvi AC 13 HP 19/19
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17 Fatigue 1
Varen AC 18 HP 20/20
Lavina AC 19 HP 19/19 Fatigue 1
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19

Party XP: 80
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad shrugged and sat down across from Trevor.

"Well, that was quite the experience..." He said as he drew a vial full of the caustic fluid excreted from the wolf's maw and held it up to the light to study it.
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
"Well, that certainly sounds different." Silvi says though she is a bit wary of the amount of turnip on the menu. Still, necessity was the mother of invention. She glances over at Trevor and asks, "Perhaps I could trouble you for a bit of that wild roast and seed cake as well? Thank you!" With that the little gnome wanders over to whatever tables the caravan passengers and crew seem to be congregating around.
 
Lavina tucks into the food with the proportionate strength, speed and agility of a halfling who skipped lunch. People blink and half a chicken is missing.

She never seems rushed, enjoying every bite; she merely eats with the speed that a skill artisan accomplishes a task they both love and have put a great deal of effort into mastering.
 

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
"Some game and ale should be just what I need to calm my wayward spirit. Once I am full with ale and meat I think we all could do with a song. I would be happy to offer one as thanks for your hospitality. May the light of Sarenrae be upon you."

Varen turns to the others. "We do not get many moments like this life. We should take the time to enjoy ourselves. I just wanted to thank you all for having my back when it counted. Now about the ale..."
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Evening
Round 0

Bort returned to the tavern an hour later and invited the party to join him for supper. He had a table reserved up on the dais next to the barely competent bard that was playing his three chords and warbling out a semi-recognizable tune.

The rest of the Feedmill filled up with locals, mostly farmers. One of the locals seems to have fine clothes, but stained and worn. He was already unsteady when he came into the Feedmill, and he kept up a bottomless mug of the turnip ale, barely touching his food, as he leaned back dangerously in his chair. Olf and Ulf had found a local farmer that shared their love of gambling and getting drunk.

Kolnral and Trin came out with the first dishes of the meal, hot, steaming pheasant, roasted turnip, and seedcake, a little burnt, then started a round of the weak turnip ale for everyone enjoying the meal.

“Ah, I ever tell ye o’ tha’ time I face tha’ fire giant?” Bort said. “‘Twas in the Five Kings Mountains, ‘twas. ‘Ad me a nice load o’ timber from Isger. This fire giant come oot o’ naewhere and captured us up. Hung us by our ankle’s, ‘e did, while ‘e boiled up a nice cauldron o’ water t’ make a delicious dwarf soup! Smelled sae guid I almost wished I cuild’ae been invited t’ dinner instead o’ bein’ th’dinner!” He gave a hearty guffaw at his own joke. “Well, ol’ Bort, I said. Ye best think o’ somethin’. Then I remembered this special cargo I ‘ad. ‘Ad me a load o’ frostblooms f’r this alchemist, I did. Very rare. Well, Ol’ Giant! I yelled. If ye really wan’ t’ make tha’ soup the finest ye e’er ‘ad, throw in them ‘erbs I go’ in tha’ chest o’er there. Finest ye’ll ever get this side o’ Osirian, I tot’ ‘im. Well, ‘e chucked ‘em inta tha’ soup an’ ‘ad a taste, an’ ‘is mouth promptly froze shut! Ha! He flailed aroon’ all angry an’ upset -- an’ hungry, t’ boot -- an’ I managed t’ get me knife oot o’ me boot an’ cut me an’ me crew free. Well, we ‘igh-tailed it oot o’ there roight quick, we did!” Finishing his tale, Bort chugged down a mug of turnip ale and wiped his beard. “Remind me t’ tell ye o’ the time I convinced ol’ Pharasma I werenae dead yet!”

Bort had plenty of other tales to tell, which the locals seemed to eat up, completely outclassing the poor bard. As the dessert of turnip porridge was coming out, the drunk man leaning in his chair accidentally bumped the gambling farmer as he was returning from the bar to the game, making him spill his turnip ale all down his front. The drunken farmer started yelling, and soon was throwing punches. The pair knocked over tables, and soon the entire Feedmill was engulfed in a bar brawl!

Bort stood up, yelling and trying to calm things, and had to duck a flying chair that came his way!

OOC: What do you want to do? The entire common room is Difficult Ground, as it’s pretty much chaos and fighting, drunken farmers.


[OOC=Silvi]You notice the drunk that had inadvertently started the fight by bumping the farmer slip out the front door during the fight.[/OOC]

[OOC=Varen]You notice that Phinick the goblin ran out the back door during the fight.[/OOC]

[OOC=Hiromi]You see Delma, the owner and bartender, leave during the fight.[/OOC]

[OOC=Jewel]You see Trin, the server lady, get hit by a thrown mug early in the fight and flee out through the stables.[/OOC]

Action:
Action:
Action:


Initiative
Trevor
Jewel
Silvi
Lavinia
Galahad
Varen
Hiromi

Silvi AC 13 HP 19/19
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17 Fatigue 1
Varen AC 18 HP 20/20
Lavina AC 19 HP 19/19 Fatigue 1
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19

Party XP: 80
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Hiromi felt that a distraction was in order. She nudged Trevor and quickly showed him how to stomp his foot to a particular beat. Then she got the bard's attention and got him to strum the most basic chord. When this was ready, though no one had noticed. She began to dance. She chose a simple, but unsubtle dance that had been a favourite of working men.

OOC: She'd have to Crit to use her Fascinating Performance (because they are fighting), but this might get a few people to stop and watch: Perform: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19 I guess she's tired, so I think that's actually an 18.
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad had been watching for trouble, he'd had plenty of opportunities to obseve soldiers in their need to shrug their responsibilities for a few hours. And he could swear most of them were just looking for an excuse to get into a fight. Not maliciously, so much as a form of stress relief.

Galahad had quickly recognized the same need in these farmers and as the fight broke out, he got up and quickly headed towards tge nearest exit. He had no interest in either joiningnthe fracas nor trying to break it up.
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Wholly unsuited to a brawl with a load of big folk and her curiosity piqued by the stealthy exit of the man who helped cause this outbreak Silvi moves to follow him outside. The gnome had to be careful not to be trampled in the melee - that was one experience she did not need to repeat! She was not much good at the sneaky sneaky despite her diminutive stature, but she could probably talk her way out of any problem caused by her unwelcome attention.
 
Lavina is quite happy to ignore the bar fight until someone lands on her Shepard's pie. She stares, for a long moment, at the ruined desert, and then slowly stands.

She momentarily readies her crane stance, preparing to attack,a nd then thinks better of it. Even though she could easily strike to stun and never kill, there were other ways. Instead, she whistled for someone to join her as she made her way for the door, to get the water trough that the horses drank out of.
 

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Varen looks at the chaotic melee unfolding before his eyes with disappointment. He loves a good brawl, but these folks seem to be genuinely angry with each other. Still he's more concerned with the folks who might have started it. He will rush after Phinick, waving his compatriots to follow.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Evening
Round 0

Hiromi’s dancing catches the attention of a few of the closer fighting farmers -- and also a few flying ale mugs. They look at her in confusion, and a few of them get clocked out cold by those still fighting, but she’s having something of an effect, at least in the area near Bort’s table.

Mug attack: 1D20+1 = [6]+1 = 7
1D3+3 = [3]+3 = 6


Galahad struggled through the crowd of fighting farmers, trying to get out of the fray. But one of the farmers stepped in his way and threw a punch at the alchemist’s face.

Fist attack: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
1D4+3 = [3]+3 = 6


Silvi had about the same luck as Galahad in trying to get away. No one really seemed to care who they hit. A drunken farmer grabbed a chair and tried to hit Silvi with it.

Chair attack: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18
1D6+3 = [4]+3 = 7


Trevor’s yell for calm only brought a mug flying at his head.

Mug attack: 1D20+1 = [18]+1 = 19
1D3+3 = [2]+3 = 5


As Lavina tried for the exit, a farmer stepped in her way, swinging a large fist.

Fist attack: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20
1D4+3 = [1]+3 = 4


As Varen tried to follow the goblin, he was met with a chair coming at his head.

Chair attack: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19
1D6+3 = [2]+3 = 5


OOC: I’m counting Hiromi’s dancing as 1 success.


Action:
Action:
Action:


Initiative
Trevor
Jewel
Silvi
Lavinia
Galahad
Varen
Hiromi

Silvi AC 13 HP 19/19
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17 Fatigue 1
Varen AC 18 HP 20/20
Lavina AC 19 HP 19/19 Fatigue 1
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19

Party XP: 80
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Silvi stumbles as the much bigger person slams a chair into her, and suddenly the gnome is fearful. This was madness! What if she had just been a child? The gnome pushes through the crowd as best she can and rushes for the door while drawing the ambient magic around her into a protective shield.

OOC: 1. Move. 2. Move. 3. Verbal Casting: Shield.
 

Advertisement

Top