The Fall of Plaguestone

FitzTheRuke

Legend
While Silvi lectured her mother, Hiromi took Pari aside and presented her with her swords. Wrapped, they were not obvious, but to anyone with the faintest knowledge of these things, they were unlikely to be anything else.

Congratulations, Hiromi whispered to the girl, "Your emancipation is at hand. Respect your mother as you were taught, but do not allow her to dictate the course of your life."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 2/0855
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal (warm), no wind, light rain
Round 0

Hemsoth Farm (Silvi, Lavina, Hiromi)

Elmora Hemsoth scowls at Silvi, but the little gnome was keeping her occupied, so Hiromi could sneak around to Pari. Pari took a peek at the swords and gushed in a whisper, “Oh, thank you so very much! I... I don’t suppose you know anyone that could teach me how to use them?” she whispered. “I’m willing to pay.”

Rosemary Bushes (Galahad)

Galahad found the rosemary bushes that Edra had directed them to, so she could make a salve for the horses. Unfortunately, it looks like a bear has decided to make the bushes its den.

Find the killer
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin
  • Check out Bort’s ledgers

Help Delma out with her father
Gather rosemary for Edra
Deliver swords to Pari Hemsoth

Action:
Action:
Action:

Initiative
Trevor
Jewel
Silvi
Lavinia
Galahad
Varen
Hiromi

Silvi AC 13 HP 12/19
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17
Varen AC 18 HP 20/20
Lavina AC 19 HP 19/19
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19

Party XP: 80

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Noting the rather large brown bulge sticking out over the top of the bushes, Galahad decides to change his strategy. He turns back and returns silently back the way he had come.

Stealth: 1d20+6 23[/roll]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hiromi whispered to Pari, "I can show you a thing or two, sure. But I'm not sure how long we'll be around here. You'll have to see me at the Feedmill, and possibly come with us when we go..."

Kaodi

Hero
Silvi takes a small gulp as Elmora scowls at her. The woman might not be dangerous but being the focus of her ire was still a bit scary. She pressed on. "Even if you have really given up on the fancies of youth, would you be amenable to receiving a dream sent by the goddess?" She pulls out her medallion and hold it up for the big lady to see. "If the health of this farm really is your main concern then perhaps you may receive some insight about the land or unlock some old memories of lessons passed down to you. All you need to do is find a good place to rest for a few minutes and accept the blessing of Desna. You need not worry - any dream I bestow must be true and good, lest she take back the gifts she has bestowed on me."

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"It's boysenberry. Seasoned with fresh cinnamon. Crust is cooled on a sill and sprinkled with a little bit of spun sugar and treacle. The over was cooking it at..."

Lavina effortlessly delved into the intricacies of pie-making as only a halfling could, making sure to wave it in front of her target's face so that the scent would be distracting.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Summer/Day 2/0855
Round 0

“Whatever you can teach me would be great!”
Pari whispered to Hiromi. “Thank you very much!”

As a downtime activity, Hiromi can now earn money using her attack modifier to train Pari how to fight.

Elmora looked at the holy symbol Silvi held up. “Well, can’t say no to a bit of advice or prayers,” the old woman allowed. “But you just stay away from here on out. I don’t need my daughter runnin’ off and gettin’ killed like her fool brother did, runnin’ off to the war like that.” A look of pain flashed briefly across Elmora’s face.

The smell of the pie caught her attention, and she listened intently to Lavinia’s recipe, making a few comments on some variations that might be tried.

Rosemary Bushes (Galahad)

Deciding discretion was the better part of valor, Galahad snuck quietly back off into the woods to leave the bear to sleep in its bed of rosemary.

Find the killer
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Gather rosemary for Edra

Action:
Action:
Action:

Initiative
Trevor
Jewel
Silvi
Lavinia
Galahad
Varen
Hiromi

Silvi AC 13 HP 12/19
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17
Varen AC 18 HP 20/20
Lavina AC 19 HP 19/19
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19

Party XP: 80

Kaodi

Hero
When the old woman mentions her son a saddened expression crosses the face of the little gnome. Silvi tries to get Elmora to sit down somewhere for a moment and then says a few words and before weaving her dream magic on the old woman. The dream that follows is one of renewal for Etran's Folly and the Hemsoth's farm, filled with inspirations for growing and wisdom long forgotten from family members long gone. "There is a pie, right?" she then asks Lavinia. "Maybe we can get it ready for her when she wakes up."

With the woman soundly asleep Silvi joins Hiromi and Pari. "I figure to give her about five minutes before waking her up. I do not want the dream to fade too quickly before she has a chance to ruminate on it." She walks up to the woman and puts a hand on her arm, looking her in the eyes. "Now I hope you get the full use of those swords and learn to become a great warrior. But are you in a hurry to fight? Your mother mentioned a brother who went to war... and didn't come back."

OOC: Cast sweet dream again, this time the dream of insight, which will give Elmora a +1 status bonus to intelligence checks, like say farming lore, for the remainder of the duration.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Summer/Day 2/0855
Round 0

“Thank you all,”
Pari told the adventurers as her mother fell asleep. The young woman went inside to tuck the swords away in a hiding place before coming out again. “You should probably go before she wakes up again. Thank you again.”

Find the killer
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Gather rosemary for Edra

Action:
Action:
Action:

Initiative