The Fifth City - Chapter 1: The Gathering

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: Does the check apply for the whole encounter or do I send you one every time I try to speak diplomatic like? :)

"My friends and I all work for Lord Clarion and we would be happy to listen to whatever you have to say and assist you. I would suggest however that people would be more open to your ideas if you weren't holding a knife to someone's throat. If you get thrown in the dungeon it will be much harder to get your point across." She keeps the easy smile on her face but looks around to find each of her new friends and note what they are doing.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: Don't forget about that Perception check, Scott DeWar. ;) As for which die roller to use, Invisible Castle is groovy. Its what I use.

Korgon makes his way to the other side of the elven transport unseen but not unheard. The rest of the elven crew, known for their keen ears, glance in his direction as he emerges from the water, but say nothing. The hostage taking human does not notice him, however.

His attention is focused on Amisi, "You can help by getting Lord Clarion down here! There's things he needs to know. About the elves! About the war! About everything!"

Felix's keen sense for people tells him that the hostage taker is a veteran of the elf/human war. He speaks like a soldier, a man whose seen too much death. He's sweating and obviously scared, but feels he's gone too far to turn back. The elves are harder to read. The one being held at knife point is being careful not to make any sudden moves, but none of the elves are showing any fear...but that's not unusual for an elf. During the war, it was said that an elf could stare death in the eye and not blink.

Marcus'perception check:
1d20+2=15

Marcus shows interest to what the hostage taker says with an eyebrow raise. Very unmistakeable.

Scotley

Hero
"Yeah, it's hot out here. Can't we humans discuss this over a cool pint up the street. Without the Elf." He puts as much disdain as he can muster into that last word hoping the soldier with the knife will see him as a kindred spirit.

OOC: Diplomacy Check (1d20+5=19)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Ellllves" *hawk* *spit* "Wouldn't want their stench in the tavern. Probably cause the ale to sour." No need to guess the attitude here, no deception present!

Fenris

Adventurer
Korgon gives the elves aboard ship a wink as he emerges onto the dock. He starts to reach for his own knife but thinks better of it and keeps his hands free. He watches the pair carefully, prepared to act, but awaits the results of Amisi's negotiation.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
The man seems to be considering and he lowers the knife...slightly, though it should be enough for Korgon to make his move. The hostage taker says, "What guarantee do I have that you won't just slap me in irons if I let these pointy-eared freaks go?"

Marcus sees movement out of the corner of his eye, a humanoid form darting out of one of the crates that had been offloaded from the elven transport. Unfortunately, the figure is gone before he can get a good look at it.

OOC: Generally, a Diplomacy or Intimidate or other interaction skill check is going to apply for the entire conversation unless you change tactics during the conversation.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
The man seems to be considering and he lowers the knife...slightly, though it should be enough for Korgon to make his move. The hostage taker says, "What guarantee do I have that you won't just slap me in irons if I let these pointy-eared freaks go?"

Amisi continues to smile easily. She waves a hand towards the city guard and the mob of people surrounding them, "Why don't you clear out these innocent people?"

Then she turns back to the hostage taker. "Well, I suppose we never really have any guarantees about anything, do we? I can only give you my assurances that my friends and I will try our best to help you. Can you tell me, is there a specific reason you are holding this man at knife point? Did he do something to you? I believe you mentioned the war..."

Remove ads