The Fifth City - Chapter 1: The Gathering

Fenris

Adventurer
Korgon shrugged at the comment from Marcus, with a grin. Was he a good friend to have in a fight, no confirmation, but the walking arsenal did give some evidence towards that.

Korgon watches as Amisi watches him. He doesn't react just continues to watch her watch him. That stupid grin still on his face.

Scotley

Hero
The wiry young man watches from behind the counter at the interplay of the newcomers with a cursious almost impolite stare. He takes the proffered papers and reads the carefully eyes widening as he goes. Magi? Two? Garrus, be thrice dammed for wandering off today.

Yes, this seems to be in order. Welcome to the City. Constable Garrus is out just now, but I'm sure he'll want to meet you as soon as possible. Do you have a place to stay as yet?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The wiry young man watches from behind the counter at the interplay of the newcomers with a cursious almost impolite stare. He takes the proffered papers and reads the carefully eyes widening as he goes. Magi? Two? Garrus, be thrice dammed for wandering off today.

Yes, this seems to be in order. Welcome to the City. Constable Garrus is out just now, but I'm sure he'll want to meet you as soon as possible. Do you have a place to stay as yet?

"Not as of yet. I have only just graduated from the academy."

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
A young guardsmen assigned to messenger duty (as most young recruits are), Jack, bursts in to the office, "Sir! Trouble at the docks, sir! Hostages!" The young man is nearly passing out, having run all the way from the docks.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Finally a true emotion is seen on Marcus' face: Concern.

He looks to the door and says, "Paperwork will wait." He exits toward the docks after pushing past the 2 legged grinning wall.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Amisi looks to Korgin and grins. "I suppose we should help our new friend out. Let's take a walk." She follows Marcus out the door.

Fenris

Adventurer
"Yes, the docks can be quite rough, mage or no. I know them well" Korgon turns to the man behind the table "You want us to deal with this or are you coming to supervise?" he adds with his grin. Korgon turns back to Amisi "After you" he says gesturing to the door, making sure he is not a two-legged wall to the woman.

Scotley

Hero
The young man rises and begins strapping on a brace of swords. "Oh, I'm coming," he says to Korgon. He turns to to the young messenger as he moves for the door. "Get some water, catch your breath and then go find Commander Garrus at the mayor's. Tell him what's happening. We are going to see what we can do. Tell him we've some new Magi and a some other bruisers along."

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
"Aye, sir" Jack says in between breaths.

As the two mages, the "bruiser," and the wiry guardsman arrive, they note that a handful of city guards are attempting to keep a crowd of gawkers at bay. At the loading plank of an elven transport, a middle aged human man bearing the symbol of the Homeguard, a group of human-centric radicals who believe humans should take what they want from other races...with a few members going so far as to suggest genocide against non-humans, holds a loaded crossbow in one hand and a dagger in the other. The dagger is held to the throat of an elven man, while the rest of the crew of the transport huddles behind them on the boat.

The human hostage-taker shouts to the crowd in general, "I want to see Lord Clarion! Now!"

Remove ads