The Fifth Sepulcher [IC]

Rayex

First Post
"She was taken during the early hours of the morning, we believe, and as for what kind of traces.. " Frowning at Kane, the monarch takes a small break. "Well, I do not know. I trust my advisor to be correct in this matter though, that should suffice."

[sblock=ooc]
It is a couple of hours past noon.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Your majesty, I agree with master bran in that haste is of utmost importance here and i would ask that access be granted to the seplkers in hopw to find any clues that may lead to the wereabout of your beloved daughter.

Master Kane, would you concede to speaking with the adviser in question until after we as a group have had a chance to inspect the possible origin of the offensive ilk? It is best, i am sure you would agree, to remain the hunter rather then being the hunted when dealing with the spirits of the undead."

Gerardlooks to Kane to see if he will aquiess.

Walking Dad

First Post
"She was taken during the early hours of the morning, we believe, and as for what kind of traces.. " Frowning at Kane, the monarch takes a small break. "Well, I do not know. I trust my advisor to be correct in this matter though, that should suffice."

[sblock=ooc]
It is a couple of hours past noon.[/sblock]
"If you say so, my majesty, who am I, to inquire informations that may save the lifes and souls of your men, but would require a simple question to your advisor?" Kane says with an eery power in his voice.

[sblock=ooc]
Diplomacy (1d20+21=32)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
"I agree with the creepy guy" Came a gruff voice from Michelle's direction. With a nervous giggle, she stuck her hands in her pockets "Er.. Yes, I think we should talk to the advisors for a few minutes before we leave. If these attackers don't come until morning then a few more minutes up here shouldn't cost us anything. After all, we're not going to be down there all day and all night anyways. Even heroes need some rest, and I don't believe it wise for us to go so many hours in a possibly dangerous place."

Those with good hearing may notice the muffled grumbling in her pockets of "hey, it was my idea."

She looks at the king, her face innocent and kind "I know you trust your advisors, as you should, and I'm not saying they're wrong... but I DO specialize in certain types of undead, and I may be able to tell whether it's those types or not by speaking with them and seeing their evidence. If these are spirits we deal with, our tactics will have to be different than they would for more corporeal threats."

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
"You are right, I appologize." the king sighs. "This whole situation has gotten everyone on edge, myself included. I will have my Chronie meet us at the lower levels. I am sure she can enlighten you further."

Responding to the young womans weird outburst, the kings shakes his head. "There is no pattern to when they strike. My Daughter was taken during the early morning, others have disapeared in the night, or even at the middle of a day."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Gerard frowns and says quietly, "middle of the day? that does not seem like the movements of the restless dead."

Rayex

First Post
You walk with the king, and he explains you that his advisor is a minor mage, and that she probably used some kind of spell to discover that it was undead who were doing this. He also tells you a bit of the Sepulcher itself:

Castle Athain, the Seat of the Laurel Throne, was built 1,217 years ago by King Haradik, the 2nd king of Brynmoor. He had the castle built as a commemoration of his father King Athain the First. He then ordered a Royal Sepulcher built under the castle, where the bones of his father were to be lain to rest.
When Haradik died, his daughter Queen Elisabth the First ordered a new level built beneath the first one, so her father might rest in all eternity beneath the Laurel Throne as well.
Since then each of the Thirty-Seven Crowns has been lain to rest, each in a new level of the Royal Sepulcher.

You arrive in the basement, in a small chamber where strange shadows dance upon the roughly cut stone. A lowered portcullis before you seals the entrance to the Royal Sepulchers, and whatever lies beyong it is lost in a gloom that your light cannot penetrate here.

Waiting a few minutes for Chronie to arrive, the King takes his leave. A few minutes pass, and finally an old lady, wearing an elaborate bright blue robe enters. "Ah, you must be who His Highness has gathered to rid our belowed home of these demons, eh?"

[sblock=ooc]
Albedo is MIA, but I won't recruit a new player, as the 4 of you should be enough.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
"Well met, mylady. We have some questions regarding 'these demons', but may be my more knowlegeable associates should ask their questions first." Kane says with a clear voice.

Remove ads