The First Age of Man

Axel

First Post
Tekai's smile was just turning into raised eyebrows at the two women in the back with him when Seerah crashes into him. And we're back to weird again... he thinks as he half sits and half falls near the edge of the cart.

Holding Seerah tight, he asked the obvious, along with Niraya. "What is it? What did you see?" Without waiting for an answer these were quickly followed by "Weren't you asleep? Must've been a bad dream. You'll be alright Seerah, dreams aren't real!"

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Seerah looks around, panic in her eyes, not recognizing anyone for a moment. She then seems to calm and collect herself, "Yes...a dream. Just a dream. I'm sorry. I'm...I'm not feeling well."

She goes back to where she was sitting and silently berates herself for her outburst. She closes her eyes again and tries to find Asra.

Axel

First Post
Tekai looks at Seerah with his head to one side and the hint of a smile. It had been...nice holding her when she was frightened. "So you dream about magic then? Strange... I dream about roaring fires, 12 foot high snow leopards and ice caves. Sometimes all together, too." Glancing to the front of the cart Tekai knew he should add something that would stave off the mocking later. "Y'know... Cooking the biggest fattest leopard you ever saw. In a cave. With a fire so big you need trees to spit the cat." He patted his belly. "Delicious animal too, if someone doesn't wake me before I eat it!"

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Seerah opens her eyes to glare at Tekai, "A snow leopard is a predator to be revered and respected, not preyed upon." She turns away from him and closes her eyes again.

Axel

First Post
All Tekai can do is shrug. "It would eat me if it had a chance. Why shouldn't I eat it when the tables are turned?"

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Seerah's eyes open, but only in a narrowed, baleful squint, "Because the leopard is more deserving of your meat than you are of its."

Seerah closed her eyes again, admonishing herself for losing control of her anger. It was interfering with her focus on Asra, which could be bad if the cat got into trouble. She slowed her breathing, trying to ignore any further interruptions.

Axel

First Post
Tekai tried not to laugh at Seerah's earnest outburst. The result came out as a smirk. She actually believes that! Still...being called an undeserving lump of meat is a new one!

Piston Honda

First Post
Inguar slowed the horses slightly as he turned back, “Everything all right back there?” He speaks with a bit more of a concerned tone, almost drowned out by Tekai and Seerah. Sialfi looks at Seerah with a little more suspicion, but refrains from speaking. Inguar returns to driving, “I’m afraid I’m going to have to separate them, Sialfi.” Sialfi muttered something just under his breath about a witch. His comments are met with a glare from Inguar.

[sblock=Seerah]Seerah reconnects with Asra, she seems a bit upset. Seerah gets the sensation that something is out there, but not quite where.[/sblock]

After ten minutes, Sheng came to the overlook. As he looked into the pass thirty feet below, he could barely make out some animal tracks, with two constant treads running among them.

Sheng thought about the path below, he knows that it wraps around the hills. Then it occurred to him the direction the tracks at the camp site were going, they were heading to meet the path farther along.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Niraya leans closer to Tekai and reminds him softly, "Remember, she has a pet cat. Like a tiny snow leopard itself..."

She gives both Tekai and Seerah a shy little smile as she sits back in her spot. She didn't like drawing attention to herself, but she liked watching her friends fight even less.

Inguar's intervention spoils the moment, and she quickly pulls back into her fur-lined hood and looks away. She mutters something when Sialfi flirts with accusations of witchcraft, but can't quite bring herself to say it out loud.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Seerah keeps her eyes closed and maintains the connection to Asra but says loudly enough for Inguar to hear, "I sense danger ahead. We should be cautious."

Remove ads