The Forge of Fury

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hinderpick can still hear the sound of hammering like what is done at a forge coming from somewhere off to the east.

OCC: Do you try to open the eastern door or wish to roll more Disable checks till you think you got it disarmed?

sunshadow21

Explorer
HInderpick will keep trying to disable the trap, hoping that 3rd time's a charm. Finally after 2 more tries, he succeeds in disabling the trap, and opens the door quietly.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Hinderpick barely suppresses a loud and long string of dwarven curses, managing to leave out the loud part, as he reexamines all the walls for a hidden door of some kind, this time taking his time to do so.

ooc=Taking 20 to find hidden doors since the visible one is a fake.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hinderpick (after calming a little) decides he should go over this room a little better than just in passing. And although it takes almost a half hour and the others just stand around bored they too know that it is for the best.

Hinderpick finds that the second door is also trapped to drop the axes on any who try to open that false door. So he moves to the walls checking the east one first.

He finds what he knew would be there, a secret door that once open reveals another stair case leading up. A dim light can be seen at he top of the steps and the sound of the hammer (though still slightly muffled) is clearly coming from somewhere up there.

OCC: Ok Marching order (unless it is the same) and or post to let me know everyone is ready to advance.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Hinderpick is more than ready to put this room behind him.

ooc = I'm not saying it's your fault, that's just how I see Hinderpick reacting to the discovery of the nature of the room. You are doing just fine; the dice roller could be a little more cooperative though, given that it took four rolls to succeed on a check that only needed a 10 on the dice.

Walking Dad

First Post
Auris

"Hinderpick, are you finished? You know, my protection spells are not permanent..." Auris urges the dwarf, a bit bored.

[sblock=OOC]
Redy and I think the marching order is fine.

active spell: Mage Armor

---

Auris D'Leroy
AC 18 (T17, FF13), HP 48/48, F +5,R+7,W+6

Spells: 6/7 , 5/5
Electric Ray: 5/6 (+6, 1d6+2)

Sorcerer Spells Known:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
0 (6): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Dancing Lights, Disrupt Undead, Mage Hand
1 (3): Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Shield, Sleep - Burning Hands (electric)
2 (1): Glitterdust, Flaming sphere - Scorching Ray (electric)

Wand: 49/50

Effects: -

XP: 10,296

[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Sabern stands from where he was sitting on his pack, mace in hand. Pulling the pack up off the floor he slings it over his shoulder, making sure his crossbow is hooked on to the pack as well, finally cinching the straps of the pack tight on his shoulders.

With shield strapped to his left arm and mace held in his right he nods affirmation as he says quietly to the others "Up it is.".

sunshadow21

Explorer
Deliberately ignoring the jabs from his party members, Hinderpick simply opens the secret door and points to the stairs beyond, ready to lead whenever they are ready.

Add 2 to the perceptions roll for traps.

Remove ads