The Forges of the Mountain King Chapter 1- Bottom's Up!

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
GM: Regardless- I'm going to move this on, it seems we have only three actual players in play at the moment- Larry, Walking Dad & Ressurectah.

You head back, slightly crestfallen- the Ancient Ravens are dead, as are the Ghouls but the Trapmaster survives, having said that with the door shut you feel safe back in the Goblin's chamber.

You rest and recover, the encounter is over.

[sblock= XP & HP]

That's the fifth encounter over, 166 XP each which brings you up to 764 XP each- well on the way to Level 2.

HP's as below-

HP & Conditions (with AP)

PCs

Cinara 29/27 Surges 10/8 AP 0.

Kazzagin 31/31 Surges 13/8 AP 1.
FAILED DEATH SAVES =1

Krogan 34/32 Surges 10/5 AP 0.

Mardred 25/25 Surges 7/6 AP 1.

Grim 25/25 Surges 2/2 AP 1.

Kathra 26/26 Surges 9/9 AP 0.

[/sblock]

What now? Is this a chance for you to just regroup, are there any ideas out there as to how to defeat the Trapmaster, or do you have other ideas what to do next.

New Map- not needed, back in the Goblin chamber... the Goblins are still here by the way.

larryfinnjr

First Post
[sblock=APs?] Can I assume we didn't get an AP after finishing the ravens because the entire encounter wasn't completed (i.e., the Trapmaster)? We should at least be half-way to a milestone though, correct? Just checkin'... [/sblock]

larryfinnjr

First Post
"Crestfallen" ?!? Never! Any retreat where we don't give up any ground and survive to attack again is a win! :)

Cinara

After taking enough time to tend to her friends' various wounds and her own, Cinara addresses the group. "I am so proud to be here alongside you all. We've been to hell and back a half-dozen times now and, I just want you to know, that I'd gladly step in front of a stampeding bulette for any of you. Let us not forget why we came here in the first place - to bring righteous glory back to our clans! When we return, and we WILL return, the secrets of Tannheim Hold will be ours to share with our brothers and sisters. Keep the faith!" Pulling a small flask from her hip pocket, Cinara raises it high. "Bottom's Up!" she toasts as she tips back a swig and then passes it around. "Tastes like home...."

"Now, let's get back to business... thoughts on how we might move forward anyone?"

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
[sblock=APs?] Can I assume we didn't get an AP after finishing the ravens because the entire encounter wasn't completed (i.e., the Trapmaster)? We should at least be half-way to a milestone though, correct? Just checkin'... [/sblock]

GM: Correct- kill Trapmaster and get AP.

Ressurectah

First Post
Krogan

Krogan is glad that Cinara is here for us. Without her and Kazz`s words, Krogan would surely felt the cold bite of despair.
Now with a new found vigor, Krogan thumps the flat of his axe couple of times on his broad torso and.... sits down to eat something. He is hungry beyond belief. Treeways can join him if he is also hungry. If he is about to go and play target practice of that crazy dwarf, he sure as hell won`t do it on empty stomach...

OOC: So, the choices are.... down to Goblins, or against the Trapmaster.
I would like to take my chances with the Trapmaster since he is (supposedly) alone. I saw another corridor to the west and I bet you, that Trapmaster has some valuable things that we could use for our cause...

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Krogan is glad that Cinara is here for us. Without her and Kazz`s words, Krogan would surely felt the cold bite of despair.
Now with a new found vigor, Krogan thumps the flat of his axe couple of times on his broad torso and.... sits down to eat something. He is hungry beyond belief. Treeways can join him if he is also hungry. If he is about to go and play target practice of that crazy dwarf, he sure as hell won`t do it on empty stomach...

OOC: So, the choices are.... down to Goblins, or against the Trapmaster.
I would like to take my chances with the Trapmaster since he is (supposedly) alone. I saw another corridor to the west and I bet you, that Trapmaster has some valuable things that we could use for our cause...

"Ya know, since we been here I've been thinkin' about this as sum sorta game- but it ain't, it's real alright, and bad. If it's the Trapmaster then we do it smart, I don't wanna get shot by that guy- poison an' all. We need to use our heads..." Mardred scratches his chin.

"Thing is he's stuck in that little hole maybe still- we gotta get close to him without takin' any more shots, and when we get there we gotta be swinging hard- specially if he stays in there. Only gonna get two of us up close, the rest gonna have to be pumpin in the artillery. Way I see it we need something to stop him from hitting us with that contraption he's firing... and then we need to decide who's the two guys in the front row, the rest of us prepared to keep bringing the heat..." Mardred offers, quite the longest speech he's made.

"I'm just sick of getting my ass-kicked, I know we be winnin' but not by much fellers- there's blood on all our hands already- what with Thorgrim and Len, them boys din't stand a chance... Nope, I reckon we need to do this smart- figure something out- something to keep us from getting shot, what could that be?"

Mardred looks to you guys...

Ressurectah

First Post
Krogan

If we can unhinge one of the doors or something big that we can use as a screen vs bolts I will gladly carry it and seal of that crazed dwarf. Maybe there is also a way we could produce smoke and make the room difficult for a ranged character to attack. Lets brainstorm :)

Walking Dad

First Post
Grim

"I like the smoke idea. I can hold my breath for a long time and could try to sneak him up.
If my stare hits him, I can force him to come out of his hiding:
And... I see no reason why not use both ideas in tandem."
Grim summarizes his thoughts.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Quick sheet]
Grim
Perception: 15 Insight: 10 Dark Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 12 Reflex 15 Will 15
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 25 / 25 Bloodied: 12
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: necrotic 5
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge: 6 Surges per day: 2 / 2
At-Will Powers: Penance Stare, Soul Drain, Anvil Touch
Encounter Powers: Dark Reaping, Soul Eater
Daily Powers: Swarm of Ravens

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

larryfinnjr

First Post
Kazzigan

"What if we be usin' the tapestry? One of us could move behind it and stay out of sight, sneak up on th' bastard. Me an' Cinara, heroes of th' faith, side-b-side with a wooden tower shield moving through th room. Be a temptin' target for Trap-Happy. Kathra pokes 'er head round the bend and lets the flames o' hell loose on 'im. He be slap-flappy then, smoked out of 'is hide-hole. Grim 'ere be ready to stare 'im down, too. We be doin' this."

Remove ads