The Four Lands Forum

J. Alexander

First Post
The NewConcept

Neurotic..No we dont have todiscontinue thecolony forthisoneto start so noworries

Leif: More or less :)

Lou: theway back or stay would be the climax of thegame thus the endwith members having to choose wether to stay or go back home

As it would be and open game..as you become yourfavorite chracter there is a widerange of room...with the levels involved i am thinking one 18 17 two 16 two 15 and one 14 for the baseststs

Scotley

Hero
Is the assumption that the 'real world' characters are ourselves or characters as well? I certainly don't have abilities that good--not even 20 some odd years ago. :D

Leif

Adventurer
Perhaps it's supposed to be "US" as each one of us saw HIMSELF through the lens of testosterone-intoxicated youth?

J. Alexander

First Post
yes weare talking pathfinder

as to theother i dolikethe aspect of characters that carry thevision wehad of ourself sometwenty odd years ago..but here is a rub...we will actually need two sets of stats...one for your character as posted and one set as you honestly vision yourself twenty years ago with the knowbled you had then so going totkae lots of thinking thur the proces.

Scotley

Hero
So the object here would be to stat up myself as a idealized version circa 1988 and then make up the character that version of me might play in a Pathfinder game at 12th to 15th level.

I don't know how much of the skills and knowledge I have in the real world would be of benefit in a fantasy world. A few basic hunting, fishing and camping skills largely based on guns and gear not available in a fantasy world would be of marginal benefit. I guess knowledge of germ theory, hygiene and first aid might help keep my fantasy character alive. Rudimentary skills in construction, well drilling and keeping old cars running I had from the jobs I had while getting my education would again be of little use without modern gear. Perhaps knowledge of math, reading and simple chemistry could have some application.

I know the rough formula for black powder and could distill the sulfur from foul smelling water and make willow charcoal, but I don't know how to get the nitrates from bat guano which is 75% of the formula. Nitrates were used in food preservation way back, so we might be able to buy them or at least find out how they are obtained. The Corning process would also be trial and error. That might be useful I guess. I don't know that I could design an effective gun even with the powder, but I could definitely put together some bombs.

What other skills might be useful?

J. Alexander

First Post
the idea isthat you will be transported along with the residence and property so you will at least intially have access to modern conviences etc..i already havea workingknowlege of theplace...if ithelps...think of an eccentric old great uncle who built the house and allows you the use..it is actually more like a mediume sized manner fortified manner house overlooking a vrey large lake with several out buildings. intially itwould revolve around just trying to surive with yourmodern skills until you got your legs using your character skills....

Remove ads