The Four Lands Forum

Lou

Explorer
1988...that leaves out all of my martial arts training. I could fish, hunt and dress small game and camp (desert/mountains/wooded), ride a horse and swim short distances, with basic nature skills. I could sing, read music, and tell stories. Engineering across the board was in full swing in those days--pumps, valves, pipes, could design basic bridges and buildings, advanced math skills and statistics. Intermediate knowledge of religion as I had recently converted to RC from SB and interacted at college with other religious groups. Some knowledge of comparative societies and cultures as I was engaged to be married to a woman of another culture. Sounds like I could make a so-so court jester....;)

J. Alexander

First Post
LOL at LOuis

Okay i think were getting a little misdirected it does not have to be based on where you were twenty years ago....but the overarching theme could be you in college today and the persona you would have...the gist is to give you more knowlege of the game but atthe sametime shackle you with your knowlege of technology:)

Lou

Explorer
LOL at LOuis

Okay i think were getting a little misdirected it does not have to be based on where you were twenty years ago....but the overarching theme could be you in college today and the persona you would have...the gist is to give you more knowlege of the game but atthe sametime shackle you with your knowlege of technology:)

I'm not sure how the knowledge of technology would be a problem. I cite as my proof:
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
English physicist & science fiction author (1917 - )
I was seeing the game differently from you, I think. So we fall asleep in a cabin in Arkansas while playing Pathfinder and wake up at the cabin in Pathfinderland, where we slowly/quickly/eventually gain the powers of a starting level 12-15 character of our choosing. We must either (1) find the way back to Arkansas or (2) figure out how to stop the others from finding the way back to Arkansas, based on whether you want to stay in PathfinderLand or return to Arkansas. Does that about sum it up?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'm truly sorry, Todd - I just can't do it. I'm having a hard time keeping up with everything already, and am finding myself posting those little one liners just to let the others know I'm still around.

The Rosenberg-esque game is very tempting; I really should steer clear of it as well, but I'm teetering on the fence for it.

Scotley

Hero
I'm in the same boat Mowgli. I need another game like I need another hole in my head. However, I stumbled into the discussion of Rosenberg-esque game and got hooked. I expect I'll end up joining.

Scotley

Hero
Hey JA, I'm taking a little break to lay on the beach for a few days and expect to post minimally after this evening until Friday evening. NPC my characters as needed. I'll try to check in on my phone a time or two between now and Friday, but I can't be sure I'll have the time or the signal.

Remove ads