The Four Lands - Southern Operatives

Scotley

Hero
Alban Human Cleric1/Divine Mind3

Like a statue in his massive dwarf-made plate, Alban, priest and warrior, stands watching the direction of Timberhome's last stand. The silver waterfall on a blue field crest of his family showing through the mud and blood staining his tabard. His long axe, Saint's Kiss, rests in the crook of his arm standing taller than the plume of his helmet its razor-sharp blade gleaming. Many laughed when they first heard the name, but after seeing Alban wield it to deadly effect, the laughter has faded. His hand clutches the over-sized holy symbol of white gold hanging about his neck. The hand-sized amber crystal that serves as the sun glows with a divine light. He prays in a clear voice trained for the pulpit. "We commend these brave souls into the Light, strengthen our arms and speed our mounts to this holy endeavor such that their sacrifice is not in vain. If it is the will of the Light we beseech you for the opportunity to offer up vengeance on these black-hearted foes at another time and place. Amen." He turns and begins to look among the supplies for torches, oil, alchemist's fire, anything to start the ordered fires.

OOC: Still have a few details of my character to work out, but since everyone else seems to be posting...

Leif

Adventurer
Nijel Bladesong giving assistance to The Light

Nijel will immediately dismount and begin to help the Priest to accomplish his task, doing as much of the work as the Priest will allow him to do. "Father Alban, please, allow me to do this. Your talents and divine favor would be much better used and your time better spent by continuing your Holy Supplication on behalf of us and our cause. My service is to The Light and those who aid The Light."

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
The dark-haired warrior in a shining golden breastplate looks down at the priest and paladin from his seat on his horse. He at first attempts to help subtly, altering his dragon-given aura to help his companions in their search efforts, as well as to assist the scouts with their attempts to watch for potential danger. Then, when those searching fail to find the necessary supplies, he speaks up. Shouldn't we be moving faster to make sure nobody catches up to us? If you just want a light, I'd be happy to offer it. He rides a bit forward, to make sure none of his companions are in between him and the camp, and then takes a deep breath. With a moment of focused reverence for the might of a golden dragon, he breathes forth a blast of fire.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Nijel Bladesong

"Come Father Alban, let us be off, for it seems that the task has been accomplished!," says Nijel. He will then return to his steed, mount, and fall in to the procession on Cairnwalker's left rear flank.

[sblock=Redclaw]I just now saw that you had a message for me in that last post. I really didn't think that it mattered what color was used. I have just found that orange and yellow provide the best contrast with the black field and so show up the best. But if you want exclusive rights to yellow, that's ok with me! :) I've already switched this post and all of my previous posts to orange. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Roak wheels his mount in tight circles, waving his greatsword Widow's Lament above his head. He grins as Padraig makes short work of the remaining supplies. The knight bellows out to the remaining men (and women) from atop his horse. "Form up! We must away. They have bought us time with the coin of their lives; let us not waste their sacrafice."

Last edited:

J. Alexander

First Post
Beginnings

The operatives begin to assemble and discuss how best to excute their new charge when dark black smoke begins to be seen high to the norhteast and at least five columes coming from the southeast, an area in which their are know to be numerous homesteads and small farms. The clash of battle can still be hears as isolated pockets of men fight their way out of the trap. A quick observation on the hill tops surronding the valley shows mulitple coloumes moving thru the area headed both west, southwest and southeast.

Rhun

First Post
"Ride!," cries Cairnwalker, putting spurs to the flanks of his mount. "Away, southwest! We must find the Lord Marshall."

Leif

Adventurer
Rhun said:
"Ride!," cries Cairnwalker, putting spurs to the flanks of his mount. "Away, southwest! We must find the Lord Marshall."
Nijel will follow, with a grim smile on his face.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
First post for Andor

Quiet man observes the field of fallen men with empty eyes. He follows the company offering restoration from exastion if needed, but otherwise rides quietly. Only exception to this being speaking the prayer for the fallen along with brother Alban.

Ending with (starting quietly after amen and rising to a full blown exclamation):
"Your deaths won't be in vain. I will come back and consecrate your death beds one by one if I have to. You will be remembered. Every death shall be avenged!"

Andor returns to brooding silence after his outburst.
OOC: I hoped for DarkOrange as the color of the Sun

Remove ads