The Four Lands - The Colony

Dracomeander

First Post
Conrad

Conrad is looking over the plans that Count Nijel has passed out. When Alton speaks up, Conrad looks up from the plans.

"Aye. The plans appear to be reasonable, but whether they are or not will have to wait until we can actually examine the underlying bedrock of the site to determine if it is solid and stable enough to support such massive works. As to the defenses, they too need to be anchored into the landscape to provide additional strength and durability.
"Edderin, just let me know when the engineers meeting will be and I will be there. After our initial scouting, I imagine I will be working with them until there is time to start searching for the mineral deposits my folk will eventually be working."

Nightbreeze

First Post
Ederin examines the plans with a critical eye, while nodding to the council members "Brightlaw bank rules would be indeed a good role in the beginning. We would have to adjust them later on for our purposes: after all, this is a fledgeling colony, and not a trade hub.

Count Nigel, these plans are indeed very functional, and the central plaza would have to resemble something like this. Perhaps the plaza itself could be even bigger, as we have space, and we may want to add something to it later on. I would like to have a look at the place before going on with this city model, though. It could be possible to achieve optimization as well as a more impressive display by simply shuffling around the buildings and areas."

J. Alexander

First Post
Responding Count Nijel says " The sketches arfe only a working model, I had hoped for a centeral square 1000x1000feet to accomodate evenual growth even if some of the plots were to just initaly be gardens. Then a 250x250 foot square at each of the cardinal points from the central one. then we would work the mechaincs out using a grid or circular pattern. The defensive walls will of course have to be built to take the best advantage of the local terrain" Pausin he says. "My main concern is that there be some what of a centeral plan rather than rushing out and bulding here and there."

Scotley

Hero
"Indeed some plan for the design is needed. But even with a plan we may have to change things around later. Our best bet is to focus on safety for now."

Nightbreeze

First Post
"My main concern is that there be some what of a centeral plan rather than rushing out and bulding here and there."

Ederin raises a finger and nods towards the count. My main point too. Bless your wisdom.

Well, we need a speech. We can even have a little scenographic show with flying smoke horses. - his voice gets a slightly sarcasting undertone - Do you want me to do that?

J. Alexander

First Post
Lauging the lady responds "Why of coruse dear, I have always loved a good show and the massess will appreciate it and it will also reinforce in their minds the power of the council. A most excellent idea I must say"

Nightbreeze

First Post
ooc: I apologize, RL is hitting hard right now and I don't have the time to concentrate on long posts. Can we just assume that ederin rolls a charisma check for an inspiring speech with smoke-horsemen flying around and move on?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: assuming Ederin said something IC along those lines

"No, Ederin. You provide spells and effects. Let me do the speaking. I know I'm not of the council, but I'm just as commited to our success and I believe I'm best qualified for morale raising speeches."

Randal looks around on council members
"How about it? Will you let me speak?"

OOC: I'll try to come up with or find good speech, but in case I don't Perform(Oratory) +20 should do the trick...

Last edited:

Remove ads