The Four Lands - The Colony

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I'll let others describe effects, here is the speech:
"There comes a time in life of every person, regardless of age, race and gender, when we ask ourselves is this what I wanted. Of those who answer no, there are two paths. One, to stay in familiar, stale, empty life. And two, to boldly step out of bounds, blindly into the future. One may fail or succeed, but it will be while LIVING.

You, fellow colonists, are the brave ones. Those who had courage to cut your ties and start anew. I won't say it will be easy. In fact, I promise it won't be. There will be hard work, sweat, blood, tears and death. But there will also be camaraderie, success, pride and good life! We come here with meager resources and we will make something that no one can yet predict.

Thus, I tell you, here we are, and by The Light, here we stay!"

OOC: Few phrases may be familiar :) JA, in case you need to roll it's +20 to Oratory perform.

Lou

Explorer
Alton Kanri, Human Cloistered Cleric (Battle Sorcerer) of the Ligh

OOC: It's been so long, perhaps some brief introductions are in order

Alton Kanri stands about 6 foot-2 inches tall, his weight hard to judge in his omnipresent flowing clerical robes. While some of the others carry their weapons everywhere, Alton does not. His silver holy symbol of seven stars on his chest is rare among the Light. Mystra’s sphere of magic makes her an unpopular saint among the church hierarchy. For a man used to living in an “ivory tower,” Alton’s curly brown hair, mustache, and beard are remarkably well-groomed. His light brown eyes always watching those around him, as if he was out in public for the first time. Without a title or position in this new land, Alton stands as an oddity in the start of the colony.

One thing is for certain, Alton never seems to be alone. Wherever he goes, a man in a steel breastplate with a long sword at his side follows him closely. Marc Jonason, who is about Alton’s size and shape with a younger, more muscular build, talks even less than Alton. Marc does not seem to be interested in conversation. He just observes everything around him and seems to take it all in.

Since the voyage began, Alton has been seen in the company of three other men of Mystra, low-level clerics no doubt, with the trappings of both their position of reverence and obedience.

After the public speech, Alton gathers his people together for a meeting to discuss landing and initial housing and supplies.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Alvar is a tall dark man of thirty years with a confident bearing and rakish charm. He wears a neat beard and mustache that like his hair are dark as coal. His flashing green eyes are intelligent and observant. While a fairly handsome man he possesses a personal magnetism that is more striking than mere appearance. Alvar often wears a knowing smile. He always has a warm smile and a hearty greeting for his friends and a derisive sneer and caustic remark for his enemies. Alvar moves with impressive grace and strength. A large signet ring is on his right hand. He wears a polished mithral breastplate over fine doublets of the best material with lace at the cuff and collar. He favors a bright red sash festooned with medals to hold the sword belt where he wears a pair of Rapiers. These are custom blades thicker at the base than usual and with an edge from mid-blade to tip on the face and a quarter edge on top leading to a razor point. He also wears a bow, warmace and whip. He seems to enjoy the sound of his own voice and often has a comment on any subject and when there is nothing to say he often sings. He derides his foes mercilessly in battle while shouting encouragement to his allies. He possesses a strong competitive spirit. Something in his demeanor suggests that he is always willing to put his ever present blades to use.

During the voyage Alvar often traveled from ship to ship to seek out his allies and keep an eye on potential foes. Since land fall he has pushed relentlessly for rapid progress.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Randal Lucius Stormweaver is wiry man, neatly dressed in black with gray cloak trimmed in lightning blue with stylized lightning bolts on it.

His weapon of choice is great bow he uses with deadly precision. On his hip there is a rapier of strange reddish crystal. The belt holding his pouches is thick and heavy with the sign of Moradin in front. The armor can be seen under tunic and the cloak, black leathers reinforced by metallic studs of some black metal.

There are two rings on his hands. There is a ring with blue stone, unadorned otherwise and the other, without stone, but with lyre strung with lightning bolts over it, looking as noble's signet ring.

His hair is short, brown and wavy. He's serious most of the time, has pleasant voice and knows his music. But his bardic abilities are more focused on history and oration then entertainment. When called for, he sings rousing songs that bring pride and courage, but that's reserved for tense situations and not everyday fun.

With him is Seraphina Sandblade, Randal's fiancee and capable warrior by herself. What you could gather in time of confinement, she was a bounty hunter before she met Randal. She's short, strong and beautiful with dark complexion coming from extended exposure to the sun.

Remove ads