• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General The Future is Now! 3D AI-run VTT on Kickstarter

I came across this and it looks pretty cool:

From what I can see is the AI can run monsters or take on a portion of the work to help a GM in running the game or can completely run a module so you don’t need to have a GM.

The map making looks pretty awesome too and you only need one paid copy of the game per group.

There’s piles of features. I’ll probably back it to see where it goes.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
One shudders to think what degree of cutting-edge (i.e. expensive) tech will be required by the end user in order for this to work.

So it turns RPGs into video games. I think we might have already done that.
I think you can play that way if you want but I think the main thing is to offload a lot of the backend stuff to the AI. Like have it run mobs, trigger traps etc…
The future looks like 1998.
I think that’s because the demo is using lower quality assets. Higher quality assets is what the Kickstarter will improve.

So it turns RPGs into video games. I think we might have already done that.
The Second Digitization of Dungeons and Dragons has come full circle. It all started with laptops at the table, then Hero Lab and monitor inset gaming tables, then Roll20 and VTTs, and now this.

We've done it again.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I think you can play that way if you want but I think the main thing is to offload a lot of the backend stuff to the AI. Like have it run mobs, trigger traps etc…
Sorry. I just don't see the benefit. It will take longer to learn this software than it would to write a note to do those things. It will also cost a lot more money. If the referee doesn't want to deal with traps, mobs, etc, then simply don't include them.
The Second Digitization of Dungeons and Dragons has come full circle. It all started with laptops at the table, then Hero Lab and monitor inset gaming tables, then Roll20 and VTTs, and now this.

We've done it again.
We're well past the Second. The First was back in the late '70s with big room-sized computers crunching simple code.

Remove ads