• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Game of Kings OOC

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Bront said:
I claim Sandy Brown for speech color :)
Curses! That's my other color (Royal Blue being my primary).

However, assuming Vhir to be chosen, I would use this color (Dark Orchid) unless someone has perception objections (seems fine to me). Fits his coloring.

Bront

The man with the probe
stonegod said:
Curses! That's my other color (Royal Blue being my primary).

However, assuming Vhir to be chosen, I would use this color (Dark Orchid) unless someone has perception objections (seems fine to me). Fits his coloring.
BTW, why do I think Tondrek and Carver would get allong? Them togeather would be scary though :uhoh: :confused:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Bront said:
BTW, why do I think Tondrek and Carver would get allong? Them togeather would be scary though :uhoh: :confused:
Oh, I think they would. But I don't think Khorvaire is ready for two crazy artificers... yet. ;)

Bront

The man with the probe
stonegod said:
Oh, I think they would. But I don't think Khorvaire is ready for two crazy artificers... yet. ;)
He's just a gnomeforged ;)

he's quite sane, just odd. He has a last name :)

To give you an idea, this is carver talking to someone he's just met about a goblin riding a giant wasp.
Carver said:
"You know, that looks like an awfuly strange mount. I wonder if it's magebred? I've heard that magebred animals are some of the finest around besides Valenar Horses, but that certaintly doesn't look like any horse or other mount I've seen before. I wonder if it eats oats?"
Unfortunately his best quote got lost in the crash, but it was something about looking for an elf that liked to alter his mental state by imbuing copious amounts of toxins.

Dark_Jackalope

First Post
Last Words Before Closing Time

Greetings again, all. I know I havn't posted much, but believe me, I read every day. So, on the eve of the submissions deadline, here are some last thoughts and suggestions:

In order of appearance again:

James: I like your background, it leaves plenty of room for character development. Right now, I definitely prefer the cleric/archer combination, even though you say you'd rather the wizard. Worry not, though, all three varitions are in the running.

Deuce: Excellent expansion on the backstory! It's much appreciated. (Not to mention rather saddening a story. But well-written, congrats.) I think your character's ready for the deadline, Deuce.

Bobitron: Thanks for the clarification of those character-points. And I also agree with Ringmereth completely; part of Glasia's charm is her subdued and almost "quiet" personality. And while the level of cleric adds some interesting character layers, it will most likely hobble you at higher levels, not to mention being purely wizard would help you fit into the party better. Since only a background is required for tomorrows submissions, it isnt strictly necessary for you to post your updated stats, though it'd probably help.

stonegod: The ability justifications are a thoughtful touch. Also, the suggestion (and link, for those of us without a large library of D&D books) for the Archivist is helpful. In regards to your characters, I believe Vhir is polished off well enough for submission, though i still think Jhen could stand a few final touch-ups. Maybe give him the same ability justifications and such that you've given Vhir?

wikka: Thank you for the explainations and elaborations. The equipment descriptions are very straightforward for people like myself who have never bothered to learn about obscure gnomish weaponry. As far as I can tell, no more work needs to be done on Faer before the deadline.

Isida: I'm glad to hear Morika will not only be a suitable front-liner, but has a few other useful talents to offer our group. I believe she is ready for submission as-is.

Bront: Like Ringmereth said, using Tools makes perfect sense, and by all means do so. I'm also quite happy to hear Carver can help with our lack of tanking-melee predicament. As with most of the above, I think Carver is set for tomorrow's deadline.

MadMaxim: If English is your second language, it's unnoticable. I understand that that may put a damper on your writing, but so far, so good. Especially with the updated background; it adds a lot more character depth. And since we have access to the specs for the Achivist class, I'll tell you I'm glad you made the switch. Everything looks in order.

mcnathan: The elaborations help a lot with understanding Pem's character, and how he came to adopt the Reality Seeker philosophy. Your concept and background are certainly thorough enough for submission, after those additions.

Ferrix: I must admit that I agree with Ringmereth; Firean is exactly what I'd expect a Valenar warrior to be. While that seems logical enough, it makes for less dimension and depth of character. (A few flaws or fears might certainly be helpful.) I think Firean has plenty of opprotunity to fill this, and I look forward to your completed background.

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
I'm glad you both feel that way about Glasia's personality.

I won't have time to update stats until Sunday. I completely understand if you decide to choose someone else due to more complete crunch or party balance. :)

MadMaxim

First Post
Here is the character sheet for Partash. I was wondering if you were allowing the feats from Heroes of Horror: Archivist of Nature and Draconic Archivist. I've taken them both to make Partash useful against a wider variety of foes and to emphasize his need to know the weaknesses of all kinds of creatures. If you will not allow, I'll of course change them. I've described their use in the feat selection.

[sblock]Name: Partash (aka Parlinor Tashlov)
Class: Archivist 4
Race: Kalashtar
Hit Dice: 4d6+4, 22 HP
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft
Armor Class: 16 (10 +5 armor, +1 Dex)
Base Attack Bonus: +2
Grapple: +3
Attacks: +1 heavy mace +4 (1d8+2, x2) or masterwork light crossbow +4 (1d8)
Full Attack: +1 heavy mace +4 (1d8+2, x2) or masterwork light crossbow +4 (1d8)
Face/Reach: 5x5/5ft
Special Qualities: Kalashtar traits, lore mastery (Knowledge (the planes)), naturally psionic, psi-like ability (mind-link 1/day), still mind
Special Attacks: Dark knowledge 4/day
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5 (+7 against enchantment spells and effects)
Abilities: Strength 12, Dexterity 12, Constitution 13, Intelligence 19, Wisdom 10, Charisma 10
Skills: Concentration +8, Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (history) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (religion) +11, Knowledge (the planes) +13, Spellcraft +13
Feats: Archivist of Nature* (can use dark knowledge against fey and giants), Draconic Archivist* (can use dark knowledge against constructs and dragons), Scribe Scroll (bonus feat)
*Feats from Heroes of Horror
Action Points: 7
Languages: Common, Draconic, Quor, Riedran
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Deity: The Path of Light (il-Yannah)
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 156 lbs

Spells Prepared (Save DC 14 + spell level):
0––cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, read magic
1st––bless, comprehend languages, cure light wounds, protection from evil, shield of faith
2nd––align weapon, cure moderate wounds, curse of ill fortune (Will DC 16 negates), resist energy

Prayerbook:
0––create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, detect poison, guidance, inflict minor wounds, light, mending, purify food and drink, read magic, resistance, virtue
1st––bless, comprehend languages, cure light wounds, detect evil, divine favor, doom, protection from evil, remove fear, shield of faith
2nd––align weapon, cure moderate wounds, curse of ill fortune, resist energy

Inventory:
+1 heavy mace (2312 gp)
Masterwork light crossbow (335 gp)
20 bolts (2 gp)
+1 chain shirt (1250 gp)
Vest of resistance +1 (1000 gp)
Silver holy symbol of the Path of Light (25 gp)
Silver holy symbol of the Sovereign Host (25 gp)
Everburning torch (110 gp)
2 scrolls of cure moderate wounds (150 gp each)
Traveler’s outfit (1 gp)
Backpack (2 gp)
38 gp
[/sblock]

Remove ads