• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Game of Kings

James Heard

Explorer
"We should make the fixings for a fire then."

"Has anyone ever had whatever that is we're interrogating before? If we eat it then there won't be as much left to dispose of when we kill it. I might even be able to make use of some of the long bones in my arrows and bowcombs."

Bront

The man with the probe
Carver answers, quite seriously, "I believe bugbear is a delicacy in Q'barra, or at least that's one of the rumors I've heard. Having no need to eat, I've not tried anything."

James Heard

Explorer
"What sorts of spices do they have in Q'barra for bugbear? Do you think you might have any of them here? We won't have to salt the meat to cure it before cooking will we? Salting takes longer than almost anything. Have you tried eating? Maybe you can eat. I wonder what a fat warforged would look like. If you accomplished it you'd likely be the only one. In Q'barra they do a lot of quick cooking in those wide pans don't they? We'll need a hot fire, and a sharp set of knives to get him into small enough pieces that he won't seem chewy. And some rice, I think they eat a lot of rice and salt in Q'barra. Ohh, my stomach is rumbling already!"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Vhir suspected the Doral was using some sort of magic on the bugbear, perhaps reading its mind or detecting lies, so he waited for it to answer before continuing his questioning. But he knew that time would be ending soon, and the time for madness and blood to begin.

Ringmereth

First Post
[sblock=Doral]An' how'd I know who th' Prince has in 'is cells? he wonders. Damn, I should know, I shoulda, shoulda listened for somethin'. I can't 'elp 'em, what're they gonna do wi' me now?! Can't lie, half-elf'll might tell. How's 'e know?[/sblock]

As the party discusses the feasability of consuming their prisoner in various ways, Vhir notices him straining at his bonds again. "Yeh gotta stop 'im!" he whispers frantically to the kobold above him, nodding towards the cannibalistic archer. "Yeh ain' gonna eat me, y' don' wan'ta do that! I can still 'elp! I... uh, I could get yeh in'ta the barracks! I... act like I caught you all an', an' take yeh to th' tunnel," he stammers, addressing the group as a whole.

[sblock=Doral]Damn, damn it, they can't do 'is t' me! I ain' sign on as fishbait or worse![/sblock]

At the window, the boredom of Glasia's watch duty is broken when two dark figures come into into view on the far end of the street, perhaps a hundred yards away, on the opposite side of the road. Wind blows their cloaks as they trudge closer through the rainy night.

Last edited:

MadMaxim

First Post
"And how do we know you'll not doublecross us and truly hand us over to your employer, master bugbear? I'm certainly not interested in spending the rest of my life in some pirate's prison." Partash is clearly starting to get irritated about the lack of action taking place. He's obviously feeling that this interogation isn't going anywhere.

James Heard

Explorer
Dragen whistles cheerfully as he begins to look on kitchen shelves and to peek inside cupboards.

"I think my bow knife is sharp enough, perhaps you've got one of those large Q'barran pans lying around here somewhere? And a large bucket for the blood when we bleed him? My mother used to make a nice blood pie, if you've got some potatoes growing around here and some flour...."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I have to agree with Partash that what the bugbear proposes may be too risky, although we do need to slip inside somehow. Oh, and he's telling the truth. His willingness to help us increases with every cooking ingredient that Dragen finds," Doral announces patiently.

Bobitron

Explorer
Ringmereth said:
At the window, the boredom of Glasia's watch duty is broken when two dark figures come into into view on the far end of the street, perhaps a hundred yards away, on the opposite side of the road. Wind blows their cloaks as they trudge closer through the rainy night.

Glasia's eyes, starting to glaze over as she withdraws into her thought to avoid dwelling on the interrogation, snap open as the two approach. Warily, she pulls her body in tight to the wall to minimize her silohuette as she watches the two figures.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads