• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Gas Chamber

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Ze said:
:\
Just make sure Connor has no health problems that you should take into consideration...

Always something to consider.

That's why, all joking aside, it's best just to side-line "Connor" and ask:

"Dude, what's up with all the farting? Is it a health issue? Cos if it ain't, I'm spraying air freshener on you next game" :)

boerngrim

Explorer
dontpunkme said:
3 Words: Shock and Awe. Personally, I'd make it a point to out-fart him. I'd load up on chili, doritors (cool ranch coes wonders), drink a little five-alive. Cabbage always works here. Then I'd just sit and wait with answer-backs. The moment he lets out the first one immediately stand up, yell "return fire" and let one loose in his direction. I've also noticed using the post-flatus scoop works wonders to quell opposition. I admit its rather unladylike, but it'll get him to stop. That or you might all need to relocate to the outdoors.

But in all seriousness (is anybody even still reading my response at this point?) after the first couple of times, a hearty "DUDE!" should've alerted your fragrant fellow to your displeasure. You can only rect(must fight urge to write "um")ify by talking to the other player. You can do it several ways: directly, comically, hostile. The latter likely won't get you anywhere. Personally, I'd use comedy and call him out in front of the group first and if that didn't fix it talk to him aside from the other players.

Oh gawd! I'm laughing so hard tears are running down my face!
Thanks!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Also, remember that if you go with the deoderizer tactic and they decide to go all "Society of the Blue Flame" on you, don't try to fight fire with fire- aerosols are much more flammable than mere methane...

Tewligan

First Post
Ze said:
Just make sure Connor has no health problems that you should take into consideration...
Bah. If it was a health issue, the jerk wouldn't be drawing attention to it by aiming his ass before he cuts loose. I advise shouting at him every time he does it - don't make it a joke, or else the idiot will keep doing it. "What the hell, Connor?! Are you either 2 or 93 years old? Quit freakin' farting in here, you filthy damn animal! Get your fat ass up and go to the bathroom if you can't hold it in! Are you guys okay with him sitting here and crapping into the air we're breathing? Really?"

Man - I'm not even in the situation, and I'm getting pissed at Connor! What the hell is wrong with people?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Ze said:
Why would any "health problem" permit him to fart on another person?

Seriously, if someone were repeatedly sneezing on you because of a "health problem", would you allow them to continue?

I would not.

Cheers, -- N

Henry

Autoexreginated
Dannyalcatraz said:
I think its a gas.

Flatus-ery will get you nowhere, so let's cut to the cheese-- er, chase.

Best to take him aside and deal with it in private, than call him out in front of everyone. It could be medical (in which case air fresheners are still polite protocol), or it could be that he just doesn't realize how it's getting to the others, especially if others at the table do it too, every once in a while.

pawsplay

Hero
The next time he does it, pause the game, walk into the kitchen and carefully spoon one half teaspoon of baking soda into a glass, add water, and stir. Offer him the tasty beverage.

Ze

First Post
Nifft said:
Why would any "health problem" permit him to fart on another person?

Nifft, I pointed it out because I have actually been in a similar situation, and the guy DID have an health issue. A serious one, as I discovered later. I was astonished at everybody pretending not to hear, but when I was told of his issues, I was only glad that I kept my mouth shut.
And nostrils too, ok. ;)

But if the OP can rule out the possibility of an health problem, I am with you all the way.

Remove ads