• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Genesis Man

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Yeah, run, run!" Roth calls after him, and his eyes dart around for more danger, having learned (painfully) from last time. He had his teeth clenched on another scream of pain, and wanted to do nothing more than collapse, but he didn't want Tin to think too much less of him. Yes, he was a coward, but at least he did all he could to protect Tin.

Kaodi

Hero
Zor, Nymm 5, 998 YK

Tin cautiously scans the area for additional " surprises " and then sheathes his blade. He looks over your wounds with might be described as a look of worry, but it's hard to say. " We much retreat, immediately, " he says, offering his arm to help steady you. " We will head for a different skycoach dock than the one you arrived by. That one may be watched, " he says.

Apparently he isn't interested in your input on the matter, and he half helps, half drags you away from the scene of the attack. Soon enough you are on your way back to the Dragon Towers, though not without a brief argument between Tin and the skycoach driver over getting blood on the seats.

As you approach, Tin turns to you and asks, " Do we turn towards a Jorasco house of healing, or can you find aid within the Cannith enclave? "

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Let's get to a Jorasco house first. I think that would be easier... Are you hurt? I can repair you if you wish," Roth says after a moment to catch his breath, his wits, and his equilibrium. Above all he did not want to be seen in the House enclave in such a state. Parting with some of his hard-earned gold to cover his own stupidity in not wanting to carry weapons, or armor, was more than worth it. Besides, the House would probably send him to the Jorasco healers anyway.

Kaodi

Hero
Zor, Nymm 5, 998 YK

" My repairs can wait until we have reached your home, Roth. Best to save resources in case they are needed in the interim, " Tin replies, bruskly.

At your request, the skycoach lets you off at the Jorasco enclave. It doesn't take long for your wounds to be attended to, by a cheeful young halfling girl, whose dragonmark seems to be hidden. There is no mistaking her powers though as the soothing sensation of healing races through your body, and your wounds begin to close. When the feeling fades, the worst of the damage is gone, but there are still some nasty looking marks where you suffered your most grevious wounds.

" Give yourself a couple days to rest, and you'll be back as good as new! " she exclaims, smiling. " If you would be so kind, you can take up the bill with one of the administrators. I have many other patients to attend to; we're always busy here! "

The cost of care sets you back 8 golden galifars, but Jorasco is well known for being tight-lipped about their patients, so at least no one in the house should be hearing about this. Fresh clothes and a little acting can likely hide the fact you've been injured from your parents and friends, if you take care not to spend too much time around them for the next few days.

When you exit the house of healing, Tin is there, waiting for you. " We should be heading back to your place now, " he says. If you'd like, I will lay low so you can avoid questions, but it may be more tactically sound to create a story for our meeting now. "

( You are healed for 7 points of damage. )

Kaodi

Hero
*beep* ... *beep* ... *beeeeeeeeee...*

I am going to call this one as over. No posting in over a month, I don't want to keep looking back here for updates every day that may never come. Besides, I railroaded too much to try and get the story going.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads