• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The glory of OD&D

Crothian

First Post
Like many of you I've been reading Diaglo's posts for years. I never gave him much attention and just read over his posts in amusement. But this past weekend I had the honor and privledge of talking to him directly about od&d and I can't believe how wrong I have been. I'm now a convert, I'm killing my current game and starting a new one. We are getting the old books and we are playing like Diaglo intended, 3d6 in order straight down.

I'll also be starting a massive convertion of taking all my d20 stuff and making it work for oD&D. It is the one true game and I am thankful that Diaglo was there to show me the light.

Last edited:

kiznit

Explorer
I was lucky enough to play some OD&D with the wonderful likes of Buttercup and Fusangite and the Expeditious Retreat folks.

Thanks to Francisca, who ran a great game, with full first edition feel!

Mycanid

First Post
Three cheers for Diaglo! And three cheers for Crothian while we're at it....

I'm all for any system that can help to create a "return to 1e feel" in players (including current d20, etc. systems, bythe way....!) Yay!

GQuail

Explorer
Crothian said:
Like many of you I've been reading Diaglo's posts for years. I never game him much attention and just read over his posts in amusement. But this past weekend I had the honor and privledge of talking to him directly about od&d and I can't believe how wrong I have been. I'm now a convert, I'm killing my current game and starting a new one. We are getting the old books and we are playing like Diaglo intended, 3d6 in order straight down.

I'll also be starting a massive convertion of taking all my d20 stuff and making it work for oD&D. It is the one true game and I am thankful that Diaglo was there to show me the light.

I am really keen to see where this all goes. :)

Crothian

First Post
RSKennan said:
Could you explain your conversion a little better? I'm interested to hear what swayed you.

Diaglo did. The ease of the old rules and the way minis were used back then. The simple ways new rules can be added on. Diaglo used AoO back then for instance so if I wanted them I still could.

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
Are you playing a "Fighting Man"?

Have you decided between the Longsword (d8) or the Axe (d8) or perhaps the Warhammer (d8)? All have their up and down sides.

DS

Remove ads