The GMF campaign setting

Catavarie said:
Well here's a thought...although i know that it seems a bit off the wall but I think It could work out well for us since we're all so creative and controlling, afteral thats why we DM :D

I've noticed that several people have come up with the idea of lots of island nations and few Large continents, how about everyone interested write up an island based around a particular race thereby creating a kingdom of that race. Therefore since each island is its own entity someone who wants to see high Psionics and low to no magic can do so at their disgretion, as the can the person who wants High magic without psionics can do the same...then we could submit them all for reveiw to the GMF and have people give their input about the islands which are created. Let me know what you guys think, I'm theorizing that this may be the best style of writing for us as a group as opposed to the "add to the previous posts" style that I see often on the General Board.
Good idea Cat. So long as it doesn't clutter up the boards to much, it might also be sensible to create an entirely new thread for any areas with groups working on them, so that we don't have one thread getting cluttered and confusing from multiple different ideas.

Catavarie

First Post
Blade of Desecration said:
Good idea Cat. So long as it doesn't clutter up the boards to much, it might also be sensible to create an entirely new thread for any areas with groups working on them, so that we don't have one thread getting cluttered and confusing from multiple different ideas.

Well if we all agree to place our ideas under a central thread that perhaps we could sticky while working on it, the big trick is not overlapping too much with the races because two people might decide to go in completely different directions with the same race...although with humans I don't think this would be a terrible thing since they should be the most prevalent, but for instance halflings or gnomes might be a little more centralized.

Macrovore

First Post
I'll make up a map and a history for the talked-about central continent with the Council of Nations or whatever. Magocracy or somthing (think Thay, with one king for each school of magic, but they're not all evil.) I've already started working on it, kinda

Macrovore

First Post
There'll be at least 3 different Nations, with another evil land separated by the rest by a mountain range (think Mordor, but with an army of Tiefling Warlocks).

-a forest kingdom of Elves (army: Archer-Fighters, Wizards, and ArcaneArchers)
-an underground kingdom of dwarves and gnomes (army: stereotypical dwarven hammerwielding fighters)
-the rest of the continent is human

Catavarie

First Post
Macrovore said:
There'll be at least 3 different Nations, with another evil land separated by the rest by a mountain range (think Mordor, but with an army of Tiefling Warlocks).

-a forest kingdom of Elves (army: Archer-Fighters, Wizards, and ArcaneArchers)
-an underground kingdom of dwarves and gnomes (army: stereotypical dwarven hammerwielding fighters)
-the rest of the continent is human

If your going to use the Elves (therefore Half Evles as well), Dwarves, and Gnomes Macrovore, then that only leaves (assuming sticking with PHB races) Halflings, Half Orcs, & other human civilivations for others to pick from and use. If we are trying to keep the work load light on everyone.

themind

Explorer
I agree with BoD's votes on magic and power, but I am really reluctant on Psionics. Ever since 3.0, I've never liked Psionics. Even now, they seem too powerful. So my vote would be no on Psionics.

Macrovore

First Post
Catavarie said:
If your going to use the Elves (therefore Half Evles as well), Dwarves, and Gnomes Macrovore, then that only leaves (assuming sticking with PHB races) Halflings, Half Orcs, & other human civilivations for others to pick from and use. If we are trying to keep the work load light on everyone.
This doesn't have to be the only nation of those races. I'm only making nations of the most stereotypical aspects of these races.

And what's the deal with Psionics in 3.0?
Oh yeah. my votes
-mid magic
-high power (like the Realms)
-yes to psionics

Catavarie

First Post
Macrovore said:
This doesn't have to be the only nation of those races. I'm only making nations of the most stereotypical aspects of these races.

steriotypically, dwarves and to a lesser extent gnomes are extremely family/clan oriented and normally will stick together instead of splitting off from their clans...therefore seeing more than 1 large dwarven or gnomish kingdom in any world is a rarity. And even if their are seperate kingdoms they still have the same Myths and Legends and Lore. Elves being a xenophobic society to begin with although more freely move about a world are still rare to set up more than 1 maybe 2 large kingdoms and they also will share many of the same myths, legends, and lore as their counter parts. therefore any lore about the elves, dwarves, or gnomes you come up with, other people who wish to use the same race must involve it as well, making the task that more difficult,,,this is why I originally suggested no one take on more than one race. To ease the work on each other...otherwise we might as well all develop completely seperate settings and that would undermine the idea behind this project.

Macrovore

First Post
fine.
OH!! two nations endlessly engaged in war: one of good and one of evil. They never stop to realize that their societies are pretty much the same.

Sorry, I'm thinking out loud.

themind

Explorer
We could have an area of islands that are occupied by Pirates. A big premice of this world is sea travel if there are a lot of islands.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases