The GMF Campaign (The Dreams)

MarkCsigs

First Post
Zanis looks doubtfully at the ring in his hand ... then about the room. He notices that some of put their rings on, while others haven't. He decides to join the latter group for now and puts the ring into his pouch.

@ Elden: Returns the handshake. "Pleased to meet ya!"

@ Arathan, extending hand and in best, formal voice: Pleased to make yer acquaintence Sir Elf. I am right, yer an elf? Ye'd be the first one I've met since climbing up to the surface ...* Noting Arathan's hesitance to put on his own ring: "From what I understand, yer people are much more closely tied to this kind of magic than mine. Rings I know. Magic rings ... not so much. If yer hesitant to put it on I'm thinking I should be too."

*(ooc: I'm picturing Zanis as having recently arrived from his Dwarven home and probably hasn't met too many non-Dwarves. If this is an innappropriate assumption, then consider this portion of the flavor-text withdrawn. Let me know and I can edit it accordingly).

Nightcloak

First Post
@ Zanis: "Well met Sir Dwarf, I am indeed an elf." Arathan suddenly realizes he is not only introducing himself but his entire culture and ends with a formal bow and handshake greating.

"Yea, magic I'm familiar with. I've seen weaves of amazing beauty and power. But those I understand some. This, however", as he gestures around the room, "I judge to not be arcane in nature. I, of course, may be wrong as I have none of the scholastic training as the lorekeepers but I'm concerned all the same."

Arathan lightly holds out his holy symbol to Solonor Thelandira and adds, "I am an elf of deep faith. But I am also aware of the might and meddling of our devine hosts and that dream is something that disturbs me to the core. Thus the caution my new friends."

Arathan shrugs, then places ring onto his finger. "This is a puzzle to be played out it would seem." He bows to the waitress. "Well, our inspired hostess. It seems you were right, we are indeed adventurers now!"

themind

Explorer
"Hello, sir Elf. I am Elden, which I am sure you heard me say already." the halfling says as he extends his hand for a n hand shake.

Nightcloak

First Post
"Well, Elden, a fine greeting to you too!"

Arathan takes the halflings hand and shakes it.

"Know all we need is Ariana to make the quartet complete."

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
Leon stands having finished his breakfast, he walks over to Arathan, and tells him, "Well, I'd assume that the mental link is only to the people belonging to the names on the ring, so I wouldn't think you'd hear me, I also think that the rings dont work unless someone of the appropriate four listed on the ring wears it."

He streches, and says, well, "I think I'm going to take a walk, need some exersize after that breakfast, and I have some thinking to do."

He slowly walk out of the tavern, waiting for anyone who wants to follow, in case someone does. He look out at the street, noting any peasants around, any allys, and after checking that there were at least some viable escape routes, in case something came up where I had to run fast, he turns his thoughts to the dream, the vision, and the earlier mesage. As a glazed look comes into his eyes, his mind wanders.

That message, it still gives me goosebumps thinking about it. I have no idea how to react, but if I do, it will be subtle at first, maybe pretending I don't see a trap when there really is one. I still havn't made up my mind, he could distroy me if I disobey, or was he bluffing, does he really care if I interfere, and what if I do interfere.

I will just wait and see, as for the dog himself, he looks pretty imposing, the huge visage of him could easily give those of softer hearts nightmares. He is powerful, evil, but powerful, and he commands such a vast horde, that is a strike against him, I would never join a hoard, I hate being the same as everyone else there has to be some uniqueness somewhere.

Suddenly I stopped, realizing that, if he had reacted to my talking at first, whats to stop him from hearing my thoughts now... He would have heard all of my trecherous thoughts, and I was doomed already. But maybe I was thinking into it too much. Maybe he can't hear my thoughts, am I being paranoid, or is my fear well founded.

A troubled look washed over his face as he mulled all these things around in his head.

And what about the ring, that could be a trick of his as well, well I might as well wear it anyway. How often does a magical ring just appear in your pocket, especially right after that crazy dream, and the message proving it was real. This was another trouble, I was almost frightened by all the possibilities, I was almost thinking myself to death.

LilMissKittyn

First Post
Ariana smiles. "Forgive me, I tend to drift off at times. Quite unbecoming of a monk, I suppose."

She does not don the ring, but instead places it back in her bag. Perhaps I would be safer to be wary of any...unknown...items. And perhaps, too, of these people. How do I know their intentions are true? How do I know this quest is for the right cause?

She shakes her head as memories come into her mind, slamming her. As she comes back to reality, she smiles. "Waitress, whatever you have will be fine to eat, I'm sure."

@the rest of her party
"Well, perhaps we should discuss what we each know about this quest. After all, "someone" has to give us some indication of who they are and what they want us to do. After all, this "someone" is quite powerful, and powerful beings are often hasty to accomplish their ends."

themind

Explorer
Elden greets Ariana when she speaks up.

He then looks back at the ring, still curious. "If whatever this thing does is with the people named on the ring, then why not try it? In fact, I'll try." he says.

He then acts as to try and speak through the ring, if it actually does it. "I wonder if this is really working. This seems very fascinating. If anyone can hear me, let me know."

He cringes his face back and forth as he tries to get it to work, not really sure what he is doing.

Last edited:

ChaosEvoker

First Post
@Gilburtus Group
Those of you peering at your rings see the gold shift and change to read:

"Gilbertus, Morex, Leon, Dorn"

(OOC: Let the game continue!)

Rapida

First Post
Dorn wakes up after a strange dream, wondering what it could mean.After putting on his armor, he prays to Dumathoin. Then he heads down stairs for breakfast. Doing a quick survey of the room he noticed a few adventuring types, but decides his stomach is more important then meetig some like minded people. He sits down at the bar and says "Could I be getting some ale? And whatever you got cooked for breakfast?". He reaches into his money belt, with a quick glance to make sure no one is paying to much attention to his money, and pulls out a couple of silver pieces. "Oh, and what is this?" Noticing the ring for the first time he examines it. "Hmm could this be having something to do with that strange dream?" He slips the ring on and slids the coins across the bar. Remembering his dream he peers closer at the adventurers, well by the blessed magmahammer of Dumathoin.

@ the party: "Hey you all, look at this bearded face, have you ever seen me before? I'm Dorn Runehammer and you look familiar. And so do the rest of you, did any of you have an odd dream last night?"

Before you is a dwarf, with green eyes and a red beard. His scale mail is covered in runes and covered by the symbol of Dumathoin, these match the one around his neck. His hands are rough and it looks as if he uses them in some type of heavy labor. On his left his missing half of his pinky finger, and on his ring finger of the same hand you can see one of the gold rings.

(OOC: If I did something wrong sorry, but I've never played in a play by post game)

Last edited:

Remove ads