• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Head of Vecna, revisited ...

Aeric

Explorer
Cheiromancer said:
I like the idea of a grell dimension- how did he get back?

The rest of the party stepped into the same trap, grabbed him, and plane shifted back, IIRC.

I take it the players had to roll up new characters? Or did your DM allow a "take-back"?[/QUOTE]

Yep, we rolled new characters. I wasn't particularly happy about the situation, either. My 20 Int wizard wasn't allowed a Knowledge (Arcana) roll to identify the Sphere before touching it, even after seeing its effects on the half-orc.

Aeric

Explorer
Olaf the Stout said:
:lol: We're you shocked and surprised when PC#2 and PC#3 followed PC#1 into the afterlife?

Olaf the Stout

The DM described the characters as vanishing into thin air. We had no way of knowing they had been disintegrated, especially since the DM didn't give my wizard a skill check to recognize the effect (never mind that I actually had Disintegrate in my spellbook...grr).

Herobizkit

Adventurer
If this is the same altar I'm thinking about, our characters managed to suck some other wayard souls into the altar to appease the dark god, narrowly escaping our own deaths with some damn high rolls... and got a +2 holy falchion for our efforts. Who says all dark gods are bad? :lol:

SunRaven01

First Post
Same altar, but they are not far enough into the module yet to use the altar in that manner. :lol:

What really irks me as the DM is I have a PC I recycle from time to time who would fit in PERFECTLY ... but I have to run the game. :(

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads