• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Holy Kingdom

Empath Negative

First Post
Warlock X/Apostle of Peace X/Eldritch disciple X.

Thats the queen. She uses miracle in conjunction with end to strife to cast a nationwide permanent nonlethal end to strife spell. Because of the divine origin of the spell it still deals half damage to those who would be otherwise immune and normal lethal divine damage to undead.

What woukd make for good adventure hooks?

Raids on a town by those with spell resistance, or under the protection of an anti-magic field. If the creatures are likely to take 60 non lethal damage per violent action though, could be rough.

Maybe thiefs take advantage of it, just slipping past people to steal things, as they cant be attacked? could be kinda fun to chase them

The coat line is attacked from the sea and raided, gives the pc's a chance to get in a ship and take care of them.

there are a few things that can be easily identified by clear land marks or angry villagers.

(And I hate to be a sour pus, but intelligent carnivores are kinda :):):):)ed if they cant hunt)

I think the main series of problems the adventurers need to tackle, is going to be dealing with non-violent crimes against them. Law enforcement will really struggle under this kinda of spell, unless they are exempt.

emoplato

First Post
One thing you should remember that it is a mind-affecting, compulsion, enchantment spell. Plant creatures, constructs, undead, and those with the items/abilities similar to mind-blank would be rendered immune. A huge power funnel is left to which they may not be able to retaliate against. Also you could play elements of fear/rumors surrounding the spell among the public on what may be considered harmful so to avoid being smote.

Last edited:

After a 1000 years of peace, the spell suddenly stops working. Armies of orcs, goblins, and ogres now march across the land while the kingdom desperately tries to muster a force to repel them. The PCs are hired to help hold the line.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
A enemy could lay siege to the area from outside of the spell's effect, not much the inhabitants could do from inside its protection...

Empath Negative

First Post
If the nation is sufficiently large enough it wouldnt matter.. Few catapults have a range of ten miles or moar

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
So... would this Queen have trained guards?
What if one assassin thought the spell effect would be worth suffering if he made his way to this queen and killed her? Who'd be effective at stopping him? (except the obviously powerful Queen herself).

An adventure hook would be the heroes realizing that the Queen has gone too far, that this tyrannical peace is causing her people to suffer, and that she must be stopped.

Empath Negative

First Post
So... would this Queen have trained guards?
What if one assassin thought the spell effect would be worth suffering if he made his way to this queen and killed her? Who'd be effective at stopping him? (except the obviously powerful Queen herself).

An adventure hook would be the heroes realizing that the Queen has gone too far, that this tyrannical peace is causing her people to suffer, and that she must be stopped.

Which then raises the question... can you both be exalted AND tyrannical?

I suspect if they had a military it would be construct based. This nation would be far and away more advanced than most others simply by virtue of the reduction in the cost of might makes right on mortality. Trade would be far safer and there would probably be fewer wars on the whole though I suspect intrigue would run rampant.

Remove ads