The Invasion of Baskrant (northbound) Judges: N/A, DM: Cute-Hydra

Cute-Hydra

First Post
attachment.php

You are loaded up into the boat and are told that it will sail on its own accord towards the island. After a few minutes of sailing you see another boat very similar sailing at top speed, when it gets close enough you can see some people scrambling around on deck. You see a team of mostly eladrin warriors, two armed with swords and shields the third with a wand. The forth crew member a brutal looking Shadar-Kai carries nothing but chains as a weapon but brutally used they could be lethal whips.

The ship moves to ram, and as your boat spins from the force to your surprise two of the eladrin appear among your ranks. The shadar-kai moves to just behind the boarding ramp...

Mercurial takes 8 damage as she is stabbed by a surprise sword attack, Len takes only 3 as his adversary barely gets him.

In initiative order: Eladrin
Len
Sashaha
mercurial
Sound of Stone
Hunzo
Shadar-Kai

----
Eladrin's defenses are
AC 21, fort 15, reflex 17, will 15

The Shadar-Kai and remaining eladrin are not completely in the fight yet as the ship is still in the process of getting the boarding ramp down and for the time being they are hiding behind what cover they can.

Attachments

• the real real ship.jpeg
    the real real ship.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 156

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: Are we posting in precise initiative order, or are we doing the them, us, them block style?

After the eladrin's first move, both sides are together in initiative anyway.

Cute-Hydra

First Post
As long as you act before the bad guys are due up again it doesn't matter, just act in blocks so players and bad guys as seperate blocks. I am not going to demand you wait for two people to post before you can for no reason.

rb780nm

First Post
Sound of Stone burst into movement, attacking the female eladrin with his spears and his claws, tearing into her.

OOC: Move to B3
Open Gates of Battle: 1d20+7 vs Ref (17): Hit
3d10+6 = 18

On Hit
Free: Flurry of Blows: 4+2(spear) extra damage, slide to C3

That's 24 Damage to this point.

If still standing
Thrikreen Claws
1d20+9 vs AC (21) Hit
1d8+6 damage = 8

Last edited:

Sasahara

First Post
Esraethan's jaw falls open as the eladrin appear among his companions and the blood begins to flow. His training quickly overcomes his surprise, and he blurs into motion.

OOC: Move to A1, triggering shadow walk. Minor action to curse the female eladrin at C2. Standard action to fire eldritch blast at the eladrin, missing (1d20 roll 9+4 = 13 vs Ref). Roll Lookup
Crouch behind the boat's gunwale, providing cover against the two enemies on the other boat.

salt3d

First Post
Len almost manages to evade his attacker as he moves away from her, but as his arm reaches behind his back for his crossbow her sword catches the tip of his elbow. With a grunt Len tumbles backwards, springing up on to one knee, crossbow aimed squarely at the eladrin.

"Hey sweetie," sneers Len as he squeezes the trigger, "you have a hair out of place."

OOC: I'm a bit new at this but I'm going to assume Sound of Stone has acted before Len due to the order in which we've posted, meaning the eladrin is at C3. Len is only moving one square so it doesn't matter whether it's a shift or a regular move this time, but for future reference is this correct?

Minor action draw crossbow.
Move to B1.
Disheartening strike, +8 vs AC, 1d10+5 damage
To-hit: 22 Dex vs AC (1d20+8=22)
Damage: 14 Disheartening Strike damage (1d10+5=14) (target also takes -2 penalty to attack rolls until EONT)

I am on my phone posting this so I will link the rolls when I get home.

Last edited:

Donutboy

First Post
OOC: I don't know if I am in the right order cuz I sent my initiative late, but I guess I'll just post my turn now and get back in initiative order later.

Astheone, at first surprised by the attack, quickly jumps into action, locking on to the eladrin nearest to him. He puts some distance between them and fires two shots in rapid succession.
OOC: Moves to D5
Uses Hunter's Quarry: +1d6 to damage against eladrin at B6
Uses Twin Strike: Two attacks, +5 vs AC, 1d10 (+1d6 from Hunter's Quarry)

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: Eesh we only have one up front guy. This'll be interesting.

Hydra who's already dead and who's left standing after that onslaught from the strikers?

Also how far away is the big guy with the chain and is he near someone else?

Remove ads