• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The IR Aftermath Campaign Characters II (2nd thread)

Skot, read BOEM, ring of silence, just duplicated that effect, thank you =]

Edited what I missed to put there with it concerning the silence effect from BOEM.

Last edited:

TheWiseWarlord

First Post
Also, O'Skoteinos, judging from your comments earlier, you seem to think that you can cast Mind Blank on your phylactery. However, this is not the case, as Mind Blank states: Target: 1 Creature.

Anyway, just thought I'd give you the heads up that you may want to find a better way to protect your phylactery.

'o Skoteinos

First Post
no, WW, I refer to Find Object, with which you can find any object across any plane (and it is an 8th level spell) but you must have touched my phylactery. Now, there is only one person in the whole multiverse or whatever we live in that has touched it, and that is me, so, if an eigth level spell can't find my phylactery, why can a fifth level spell do that?

And I know what Mind Blank does, and what it can target, thank-you-very-much :p

Kalanyr

Explorer
''IR Aftermath, debate on Timestop when I get here (chatroom), much nerfing being considered, bring your arguments for or against'; No Wondrous Item can have a continually in effect spell of greater than 5th level without my approval; True Sight irrelevant of level does not qualify;"

The Timestop debate will be in about 6 or 8 hours I'd guess.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Hi, Kal,

I thought you were in IN-character. Doh, stupid me.

Ok, my weekend is too busy, but I think I try to do some character things in monday, if that is ok. (Need to take time to read all this stuff).

So, character level 20th? Am I still welcome? Can I have short list of characters. Names/race/level, that kind of thing.

Darkwolf

First Post
Zelda, current characters are on the 'Finished' character thread.
Here's a quick list of current characters:
Valiance(Venus) - Human cuisinart - he slices and dices with a pair of lightsabers
Faysaran(Darkwolf) - a half-celestial(human) druid who intends to take shifting to a whole new level soon
Trall(Draco) - Celestial sniper is the easiest way to sum things up
Sanctus(Festy) - Dwarven cleric that all undead should fear
Zizzyzazu(Anab) - motorcycle riding illithid
Oberion(Xochael) - Half-efl monk - thats about all I can say about him
Janos(o'Skot) - Lich mage with a helmed horror
Nyovne(Forsaken) - quickling computer hacker
B'anj'amik(TheWiseWarlord) - Half-dragon Umber Hulk grappler
Xarindel(Sollir) - gray elf chronomancer

If you have mirc, '/server chat.psionics.net' will get you to the proper server. Follow that up with '/join #IR'

If you don't have mirc click on the chatroom button at the top row of buttons. Enter any nick you want, for channel type #IR, and just leave the dropbox alone. Click connect and you'll be there shortly. Just a warning, you cannot copy and paste with the java client.

Last edited:

'o Skoteinos

First Post
Kalanyr, what about the following spells:

Netform
Transmutation 7
1 action
Touch
1 hour / level
V, S, M
None
None

You become a string of TCP/IP packets. You can go to any computer on the web (Knowledge (Computers) DC 25 or Knowledge (Technology DC 30) to find a specific computer). The string resembles a Terminal Server / PC Anywhere (or similar) client connection, a Sub7 server (or similar) connection or a piece of code that allows read or possibly even write access on the destination computer.

When a computer is extraordinaryly protected (Firewall, W2k with ISA, Virus Scanner etc.), make an opposed Profession (Hacker) or a Knowledge (Computer Security) check against the Knowledge (Computer Security) or Profession (Security Expert) check of the system administrator.

Material: a computer with Internet acces

Back-up
Conjuration 2
1 full round / 10 GB
Touch
7 days
S
None
None

You absorb the data on touched harddisk. The data stays in your mind for 7 days, during which time you can access it freely. After 7 days you need to make Int checks (DC 15+5/day) to remember the data. Any data 'read', which takes as long as it would normally take to read that many characters can be remembered without any problem.

During the 7 day period you can dump all the information on an empty harddisk, with no chance of failure. After the 7 days, you need to make the Int check.

You can only store 5 GB/point of Intelligence.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads