• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The IR Aftermath Campaign Characters II (2nd thread)

Darkwolf

First Post
technically its not full..(check the general RPG discussion forum for a eye opener (1000 posts in one thread)...but I guess we could move our discussion over here.

'o Skoteinos

First Post
...grumble grumble...alignment counts, but class doesn't...riiiiiiiiight

But now, if I have an Amulet of the Arcanist which only works for people with Knowledge (Arcana) ranks 15, what would the reduction be?

And what would the reduction be if it required 20 ranks? And what would the reduction be if it required two skills, both at 10 ranks? And both at 15 ranks?

Third, a race with +16 dex, Haste (Ex), Invisibility (Ex) and 240 ft. base speed for +3 ECL, *and* you get to keep your 1d6 HP from the Fey (Hey, does that mean I get an extra 1d4 from my Human race?)...I'm too tired to argue about this...but I would like to know how the hell you came to that conclusion (a minotaur = +8, and it is weaker than this, IMO, YMMV) and with what rules we're actually playing...

Also, how are you justifying that a 5th level spell can do what an 8th level spell can't? (talking about finding someone's phylactery with Commune / Locate Object respectively)

O'skot, you still have to type up said Amulet of the Arcanist (and all the other stuff you're using from BoEM I and II), Kalanyr doesn't have the book where it's from.

3. If you have a problem with being a quickling, play one yourself, its 120 base speed btw, since its altered by the constant haste effect. Minotaurs are ECL 6 (Because of 6 HD and 4 CR), Kal is using his own system, which is ECL or HD, the higher of the two and then it still has to be ok'd, which the quickling was. This is high level play anyways Janos...you being tired to argue? Hrm, didn't think that'd happen ;)

Last edited:

'o Skoteinos

First Post
I'm not sleeping at home for the coming week and a half, so I don't have access to the books. Why don't you just download them, that must be possible without paying the, what, $5?

Sollir, IMO nothing can beat a high level wizard. If I play a quickling, I have 1 level 9 spell (modified by intelligemce), and that's too little, and when you're a wizard, most of the Quickings abilities aren't very useful...and, really, how can you justify a quickling at +3? Compare it to the Deep Gnome, and decide who got the shaft...

I'm tired of arguing because, first, I feel my arguing is in vain (poison subject for example) and second, Draco can't take criticism, it seems...and I had a discussion with Forsaken One last night that +3 ECL was insane, but he was like: "I don't f-ing care. Kal, and everyone else present thought it was reasonable, so you just go and complain somewhere else." (yes, he had very good arguments :p)

Well, that amulet gives me +2 DC on all my arcane spells (cost: 50,000 GP)

I only allow restriction by

Alignment
and
Skills (Relevant skills at that)

If that is what you allow Kal, then how much if my left boot can only be used at the same time as my right boot (and vice versa). I would call that an "and" restriction...:D:p

Well, you kindof proved your own point there, a quickling wizard would only have 1 9th level spell modified by intelligence, thats a pretty big tradeoff considering all the spells you lose as a wizard or cleric, don't'cha think? :)

'o Skoteinos

First Post
Yes, and think about the quickling rogue / archer.

some races are not meant to be wizards (Half Orcs) while others are (Sun Elves). The Quickling is not meant to be a wizard, but clearly a dexterious type character, like a rogue or a fighter who uses bows...

There I go arguing again...

Item Costs plz, would be nice Kal if you would mension what parts and enchantments cost what so if Igo ver my gp limit I can modify by taking certain stuff off, tnx in advance:

1st
--------------------------
Boots:

Boots of striding and Springing combined with ring of jumping - double movement and no more max distance-height and +30 on jump checks, combined with boots of elvenkind +10 on move silently checks.

Constant pass without trace ability active.

The two special powers of these boots are that the user can walk over liquid/non-solid surfaces but only when he is using the run option. The other is that the user can jump from any height and land without only taking 1d6 damage no matter what the distance he fell/jumped, this only works when he lands on his feet and doing so takes a balance check that starts at DC 0 and increases with +1 every 20 feet the user jumped.

2nd
Dagger, Intelligent

+1 sure striking dagger. target hit is affected as by a slow spell and silenced for 10 minutes, target can only be affected by the silence effect once per day (Both no save, Both yes to SR), the dagger can silence only one person at a time and can't silence anyone else until the 10min duration has passed, the target is slain or the effect displelled. Slow effects stack to a minimum of 1 partial action left. (mension difference in expenses between with and without stacking svp.) Both at 20th caster level.

Intelligent Item, no benefits from intelligence other then that you can communicate with it and knows what the DM grants it (RPG crap =] ).

Use activated True Strike.

3rd
Dagger, Intelligent

+1 sure striking dagger, target struck must make reflex save DC 33 or be affected as by the Chains of vengeance spell (level 4 wiz/Sorc) (yes to SR, 20th caster level).

Intelligent Item, no benefits from intelligence other then that you can communicate with it and what DM grants it knows.

Use activated True Strike.

4th
a level 8 spell twice per day at 16th caster level on some item (ring or neclace or something).

Thanks in advance :)

-

Btw that restriction crap going on and the discount it gets you, how much % is it and how do you get its % discount at its highest % or can you just put 1 restriction on it and that's it for the discount?
Thanks!
(I was against it but heck, now everyone is doing it, why not me.)

Last edited:

'o Skoteinos

First Post
Forsaken: Silence, no save is a little bit too powerful.

Sollir: I thought there was a ruling you could only cast defensive spells in a Time Stop, so no more: "I cast 3 fireballs and Time Stop"...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads