• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Jade Frontier, part 2 (DM: THB, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Fragsie

Explorer
At Firete's shout Chey rushes down the corridor and hurls a bolt of eldritch fire straight at the last goblin's back, hitting it squarely between the shoulders.

[sblock=Actions]Move - >-D,12
Standard - :branged: Eldritch Blast vs. Warrior 30; 1d20+6+1(bloodhunt) = 19 vs. Ref; 1d10+5 =11 + 1d8 = 19 damage.
Rolls[/sblock]
[sblock=Ministats:Cheysuli Sage]
Tiefling Warlock (Fey) 2
Character Sheet,
Initiative: +2
Senses: Low-light
P-Perception: 14 P-Insight: 17
HP: 16/31 SurgeValue: 7 Surges: 5/8
AC:16 Fort:13 Ref:15 Will:16

Action Points: 0
Resist: Fire 6
Speed: 6
Languages: Allarian, Elven

:branged: Eldritch Blast +6 vs. Reflex; 1d10 + 5 damage
:bmelee: Spear +3 vs. AC; 1d8 + 0 damage

Combat Notes

Bloodhunt - +1 to attacks vs. Bloodied foes.
Misty Step - Immediately teleport 5 squares as a free action when cursed target is reduced to 0 HP
Prime Shot - +1 attack if no allies are closer to the target.
Shadow Walk - Chey gains concealment if she moves at least 3 squares from where she started (enemies take a -2 penalty to attack rolls).
Viscious Rod - +1d10 on a crit [Implement]; Curse damage = d8's

[sblock=Skills]
Acrobatics +4
Arcana +9
Athletics +3
Bluff +12
Diplomacy +7
Dungeoneering +4
Endurance +5
Heal +4
History +6
Insight +7
Intimidate +10
Nature +5
Perception +4
Religion +6
Stealth +6
Streetwise +7
Thievery +4
[/sblock][sblock=Powers]
Warlock's Curse
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite

Infernal Wrath
Witchfire
Ethereal Stride
Second Wind

Curse of the Dark Dream

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
The goblin stumbles and falls to the ground. It is unconscious, but still in better condition than many of its former allies.

[sblock=You Win]Status:
Yishim: 19/22
Firete: 24/28
Cheysuli: 16/31
Brenwar: 21/35
Miranna: 19/35[/sblock]

Katana_Geldar

First Post
With a smile on her face, Firete carefuly cleans and sheathes her sword. I think we deserve a break after that, she says, stowing her wand away and quickly retrieving her harp. She plucks a few notes. After we've tied up our friend here, I suggest we have a look around. I know I am not the only one interested in why Maugrim was down here. If we know more, there's less chance that this one can hoodwink us.

[sblock=Song of Rest]That's +5 to those who are doing healing surges.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: Assuming you search the rooms...

Most of the goblin warrens are what you would expect: filthy and completely lacking in valuables. However, Malgrim kept something of a horde in the chest by his bed. Within you find a pair of exquisitely crafted sandals (probably of fey craftsmanship), a sword that practically hums as you swing it through the air, and a sizable amount of gold. Clearly the goblin was keeping a significant portion of the spoils for himself.

[sblock=Translation]Sandals of Precise Stepping, a Harmonic Longblade +1, and 842 gp.[/sblock]

[sblock=xp]XP Totals for Brenwar, Chey, and Miranna:

2248 (current xp) + 875*2/5 (Malgrim fight) + 104 (time xp for one month) = 2702 xp

So you guys hit level 3.

XP Totals for Firete and Yishim:

1407 (current xp) + 875*2/5 (Malgrim fight) + 104 (time xp for one month) = 1861

For one brief, shining moment, your time xp was the same. Anyway, at the next plot-appropriate moment (most likely an extended rest) everyone levels up.[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Miranna took a few deep breaths then took a wary stance to stand guard while the others searched the area.

[sblock= OOC:]
>Spend one surge- with Song of Rest that gets her up to 32/35 for now.
>Will get to work on leveling up info, for when we get a chance to rest up.

>So that is two encounters, and thus (probably) a Milestone. How do people feel about pushing ahead? I'm reluctant to try for an Extended rest, now that we've started cleaning the place out, and Miranna is in pretty good shape except for expending her daily power. How is everyone else doing?
[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli stretches out of the flagstones and sighs wearily, "Sorry about running into trouble again, it seems these goblins are fond of hanging about round unassuming corners."

She hums a cadence to Firete's melody as she binds her wounds, occasionally looking over to where the pair of sandals have been placed while the group recover.

[sblock=OOC]>Spend 1 surge to bring Chey up to 28/31.
Chey quite likes the look of those sandals, but I'm aware that Firete and Yishim don't have any Magic Items yet, so she is holding off on claiming them.

I'm all for pressing on, I'm not too much of a fan of taking extended rests too often, that's what milestones are for anyhow ;)[/sblock]
[sblock=Ministats:Cheysuli Sage]
Tiefling Warlock (Fey) 2
Character Sheet,
Initiative: +2
Senses: Low-light
P-Perception: 14 P-Insight: 17
HP: 28/31 SurgeValue: 7 Surges: 4/8
AC:16 Fort:13 Ref:15 Will:16

Action Points: 1
Resist: Fire 6
Speed: 6
Languages: Allarian, Elven

:branged: Eldritch Blast +6 vs. Reflex; 1d10 + 5 damage
:bmelee: Spear +3 vs. AC; 1d8 + 0 damage

Combat Notes

Bloodhunt - +1 to attacks vs. Bloodied foes.
Misty Step - Immediately teleport 5 squares as a free action when cursed target is reduced to 0 HP
Prime Shot - +1 attack if no allies are closer to the target.
Shadow Walk - Chey gains concealment if she moves at least 3 squares from where she started (enemies take a -2 penalty to attack rolls).
Viscious Rod - +1d10 on a crit [Implement]; Curse damage = d8's

[sblock=Skills]
Acrobatics +4
Arcana +9
Athletics +3
Bluff +12
Diplomacy +7
Dungeoneering +4
Endurance +5
Heal +4
History +6
Insight +7
Intimidate +10
Nature +5
Perception +4
Religion +6
Stealth +6
Streetwise +7
Thievery +4
[/sblock][sblock=Powers]
Warlock's Curse
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite

Infernal Wrath
Witchfire
Ethereal Stride
Second Wind

Curse of the Dark Dream

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Katana_Geldar

First Post
When her song is done, Firete ties up the goblin and then examines the sword closely. She carefully runs her fingers along the runes engraved on the flat. I've heard of these, she says, though I never really hoped to actually see on. Grasping the sword with both hands, she gives the sword a practise swing, it makes a soft but clear note as it cuts through the air. This will work better than my wand and regular sword...not that the sword was mine to begin with.

[sblock=OOC]I'll be using the sword two-handed as I think it doubles as an implement.
And I am all for pressing on if we're not done here, despite the fact I have used my Daily[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Various things]You have reached a Milestone, so you all gain an AP.

Assuming Firete gets the sword, because it's clearly intended for her, everyone has a magic item. So the sandals can go to whoever.

I would also recommend that Firete acquires a light shield at the first opportunity, since the +1 to AC and Ref is generally better than a +1 damage to about half of your attacks.[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar says a few prayers thanking Palladys for protecting them during the battle. As Chey makes here comment he says, "Indeed they do but at least everything worked out and Malgrim didn't get away."
[sblock=After Combat Stats]
I will spend one surge.

Brenwar – Male Human Paladin 2
Initiative: +1, Speed: 5 Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 21 Fort: 15, Reflex: 15, Will: 17
HP: 34/35, Bloodied: 17 , Surge Value: 8, Surges Left: 8/13
Action Points: 1

Feat Note: Whenever Brenwar spends a healing surge, he gains 3 resistance to all damage until the start of his next turn.

OA Basic Melee Attack: +8 Virtuous Strike (Vanguard's Hammer) 1d10+5 Damage

Powers At-Will Powers:Divine Challenge, Ardent Strike, Virtuous Strike, Enfeebling Strike Lay on Hands (1/3 Remaining)
Encounter Powers: Valorous Smite, Call of Challenge, Channel Divinity, Second Wind
Daily Powers: Majestic Halo, Magic Item Daily

[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads