• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Key to Victory

Lughart

First Post
Cedric obeys and steps back into the tunnel. "On your feet, elf. You're not helping anyone out by bleeding out on the ground!" He throws a magic missile at one of the zombies next to Aver, hopefully finishing it off so he can escape without being clobbered.

[sblock=actions]Move: move to T2
Standard: cast magic missile at the zombie at Q6(the one with 2 HP)[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"You'll forgive me if I am not so sure exchanging that for dying on the ground - again - is a good idea!" Aver replies, his voice thin and pained.

But just as he speaks an angry knot of scar tissue with whiskers and a tail erupts from his clothing and leaps at the remaining zombie seeking to distract it so his "master" can escape.

Seeing his chance still Aver attempts to stand cringing for the expected blow, he then dashes into the corridor behind Jareth glancing back anxiously to see his familiar's fate...

[sblock=Actions]
Furkiss moves into the zombies space provoking to do so and then uses the aid another action to grant Aver +2 AC. He has a 14 AC.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Nice move, two things AFg. How far and where do you move to? And please roll Furkiss the Mighty's aid another check.

Will update tonight. RL pending.[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Ah yes of course you have to roll, critical aide another! Go Furkiss! Moving to, um, it looks like TZ to me on the map? The last visible square of the right hand tunnel.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Malaroc notices that Jareth's combat style has changed dramatically from the fight a few days ago with the Treylor. He moves more and his actions are almost to quick to follow. And is that the same chain? Shaking his head he blocks another clumsy attack from one of the zombies.

Jareth had even tripped one and it lied awkwardly on the stone floor missing both it's legs. Malaroc slammed his gauntleted fist into the things skull and it stopped moving.

Cedric and Trinham both ran for the tunnel at Jareth's request and Tira moved to take up a defensive position at the tunnels mouth. As Ernestine moves by the red haired half elf gives her a reproached look and says, "Don't go to far you have some question to answer after Jareth takes care of your zombies."

As the others move Aver decides to try and bolt with them. Sensing his master distress the mighty Furkiss takes decisive action. Aver starts to rise and as he does the zombie near him reaches out. Furkiss quickly jumps onto the outstretched arm and follows it up towards the undead beasts face. Hoping into the creatures eyes Furkiss gives Aver the chance he needs to get away.

The elf looks back mouth slightly aghast as he watches the zombie along with his familiar fall into the slick grease. "Move! Don't stop!" Tira hisses at him and Aver like a zombie himself walks into the tunnel.

Trinham was worried as he watched from the tunnel at the falling zombie and Aver as he walked by him he loked for Moggins. He wasn't worried for himself but Moggins was out there and the zombies were out there. Once more he reach out with his thoughts to get the cat to come to him. And this time he gets a mental image back, a kind of cats way of saying "on the way". Sighing in relief he watches once more for the white and orange fur ball.

Moggins waited for the zombies to move away before quickly heading to where his master disappeared. "It's best I go with him no telling the trouble he will get in," the cat thinks to himself. "Look at all this trouble these two leggers have caused here." He gets close to the cave and can see his master when a squeak catches his attention from behind.

Trinham watches as Moggins pops into view from the tunnel and gives out an audible sigh. Then the cat turns around and heads towards the grease and the zombie. "What the what? NO!" is all Trinham can say as he watches the cat get closer to the prone zombie. Moggins looks like he is lapping out at the grease his head down and tail swishing. The zombie reaches for the cat and...

... three bolts of energy rock the zombies body, causing Moggins to jump. Then the cat hurriedly runs back towards the tunnel a small brown grease covered Furkiss in his mouth. He sits the little rat down and sitting on his haunches looks at Trinham with slitted eyes and tail swishing. And although no sound at all verbally is made Trinham can read the cats body language and knows exactly what he is thinking.

"What were you thinking? I think that cost me one of my nine lives,"
Moggins says to his master.

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in init order
Code:
[U]Character       AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Jareth          17  34  spikedchain/[I][COLOR=DarkOrchid]blessed[/COLOR][/I]
Malaroc         16[COLOR=Olive]   9[/COLOR]  d.gauntlets/[I][COLOR=olive]aura-healing[/COLOR][/I]
Cedric          [COLOR=royalblue]17[/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow]   5[/COLOR]  c.bow&dagger/[I][COLOR=royalblue]mage armor-ends round 600[/COLOR][/I]
Aver            [COLOR=White]14[/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow]   3  [/COLOR]dagger/none
Trinham         15  [COLOR=Lime]14[/COLOR]  l.sword/none
[COLOR=YellowGreen]Zombie[/COLOR]          11  [COLOR=YellowGreen]10 [/COLOR] none/none
[COLOR=Cyan]Zombie[/COLOR]          11  [COLOR=Cyan]10[/COLOR]  none/none
Tira            18  [COLOR=Orange][COLOR=Lime]+4[/COLOR] [/COLOR] s.sword/none
Ernestine       [COLOR=White]13[/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow]   4[/COLOR]  c.bow/none
[/sblock][sblock=Actions]
Round seven:
Jareth - spring attack + quick cast
Cedric - magic missile to zombie in grease (sorry Jareth killed the one with 2hp first) next time just say the weakest and I'll know
Aver - double move
Ernestine - double move
Tira - move + ready action (attack any zombies that come close to tunnel)
Malaroc - 5' step + attack prone zombie - kills zombie
Trinham - magic missile to protect the familiars - kills zombie
Zombie saves - http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2858335/
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
MAP:

l lAlBlClDlElFLGlHlIlJlKlLlMlNlOlPlQlRlSlTlUlVlWlXlYlZl1l2l3l4l5l6l7l8l0lal
lwl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lyl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lzl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lAl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l1l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lTl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l2l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lCl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l3l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l ltl lEl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l4l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lMlJl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l5l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lZl lZl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l6l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l7l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l8l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l9l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l0l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l+l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l?l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l!l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

Key:

l l = impassable
l l = open, explored
l l = grease effect

M = Malaroc
J = Jareth
T = Trinham
C = Cedric
A = Aver
E = Ernestine
t = Tira
Z = Zombie

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Ern reaction was slower than she expected. Some of the zombies looked like they were closing in on her. However, she was able to slip by the group of them, and end up gathering with everyone else.

[sblock=actions]
RUN AWAY!!!!!!

Also not here till Sunday :)
[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth nods as everyone backs into the tunnel, simultaneously extending and tightening the links of the chain to block a clumsy undead swing. "Good. Now stay there," he grits out, looping the other head of the chain around in a small circle behind him, "While we finish them off."

The head of the chain sparks with a blue-white light again as Jareth channels another charge of anti-undead energy into the weapon, flicking the head at the zombie. As the sparking spike flies to the zombie, the red-haired man quietly and flatly states, "You should get over with them, too, fist-fighter. I can take the last one," as he steps aside, giving the other man room to move around more easily.

[sblock=OOC]
Channel Disrupt Undead (doesn't provoke AoOs) into attack against Zombie Q5. Then 5-ft. step to R4, hoping to give Mal a chance to get with the others and leave the other zombie to either follow him or Move to attack me, provoking an AoO. :)

And if I do get an AoO, +10 attack, 2d4+5 damage. Trip (+7) on damage over 10.

Jareth AC 17, HP 34/34
Spells (Quick Cast, used 1/1):
0-level: used 2/6
1st-level: used 1/6
2nd-level: used 0/3
[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"You don't have to tell me twice - though you did." Aver says panting and looking profoundly relieved as he manages a weak smile upon his rodentine features. "Come on Furkiss! Scarper!" He cries.

The rat, darts away from the zombie scurrying across the grease like it wasn't auto succeeds on balance there and pausing to give his "master" a hard look. Aver rushes forward to the greases edge and Furkiss climbs deftly up his leg before the elf hurries back into the safety of the corridor.

[sblock=Actions]Aver moves forward - to T15 - and readies to move back. Furkiss withdraws moving from Q16-Q17-R17-S16-T15 - he has a balance modifier of 10 so cannot fail the grease check. Aver then moves back to his previous position.[/sblock]

Lughart

First Post
Battered and nearly out of spells, Cedric stays back for the rest of the fight. If things turn sour for Jareth he will run.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads