• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter III

Velmont

First Post
kirinke said:
"Does anyone have a rope?"

Sielwoodan stare a moment at the spool. "We used one to climb down, and mine is still on the packs of Felmir. I don't usually carry rope, but I should have thought of it as soon as we knew it was some cave."

Seonaid

Explorer
Chastity carries nothing but her weapons, armor, and holy symbol, so she does not even bother looking. "I have no rope," she says somewhat unnecessarily.

Jarval

Explorer
"I left mine at the inn." Andreas says regretfully. "Normally I just leave it on Yehudi, as it's so heavy to cart around." He scowls at the whirlpool, as if it could somehow be blamed for his forgetfulness.

Seonaid said:
[Hope you're doing well, Jarval! :)]
(OoC: Thanks, I'm feeling better today :))

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

"A shame. I have none either. Shall we risk it? return the surface? Or try another path? Whomever was screaming, if real, is probably dead, sad to say."

kirinke

First Post
ooc:
i do believe the dm is suggesting obliquely that we go and get some rope and pitons from above. ;) the slight pull of the water comment cements it. Boing...

Teleri looks at the whirlpool with misgivings. "Perhaps we should return to the top and get some rope and pitons. In any case, as drogo says, whoever was screaming is probably dead. We will not serve that individal if we too drown in that," she said pointing at the swirling water.

Afraid of a little water are we? she thinks derisively to herself and looks at the water again. Absolutely yes.

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
OOC: Just a small request while everyone decides whether to travel back to the surface to get some more rope: Jarval & Kirinke - Could you e-mail me at timoan@comcast.net at your earliest convenience? I have some questions about where we might take your characters in the future. I have a pretty good idea about what most everyone is looking to accomplish in the long run. I'd like to hear a little more about what you two have in mind and we can see if we can work something out about that. Thanks. ;)

Dhes

Explorer
“My rope is still hanging down from the well, I could go and get that? I left it there because I thought it could serve use more hanging there, if we had to leave in a hurry.”

Seonaid

Explorer
Chastity frowns. "I don't think that we can safely assume that whoever was screaming is dead. They could simply be unconscious and still need our aid." She considers the whirlpool thoughtfully.

kirinke

First Post
Teleri looks at the young paladin and smiles sadly. "We won't do much good to whomever was screaming if we act too hastily. Already here, the current is very strong. Further into the room, it will be stronger still. We do not know how deep it is and our armour is heavy enough. If we slip, we will drown."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads